IGNORED

Ikari Warriors on eBay with a Buy It Now price

holygrailvideogames.com

I emailed the seller and offered her $35 if it did not sell.  She responded and said that if it did not sell that she would simply relist it.  She said that she has sold these in the past and that someone is always willing to pay that price.

Well, that's the icing on my cake then. I'm not bidding on it at all, period. I hope nobody ever does.

hahahahahahahahaha

HEY where did the Ikari Warriors go??

it not in the link anymore

did someone make an offer? or was she trying to scam?

I have no idea, but I will confess I sent the seller a bold mail message through eBay earlier today when it was still up. I didn't use any four letter words, but I told her I'd learned she was going to keep re-listing the game at that price until she got it and I told her that if that was her attitude an "auction" was a joke and she should just use a fixed priced listing or sell it privately through a website. I wasn't trying to encourage her to de-list it per se but I do think it's for the best.

Here is the message that she sent me.

Apparently you are from atariage.com because one of your friends gave me an email lashing about selling ikari warriors for a price higher than the two of you are willing to pay ..... I'm sorry I didn't give you a little more detail when I sent you a response but so many people email me wanting me to give them something for nothing .... sometimes I give a response that is a little short.

I will explain to you as I did to him that I make no apologies for selling it for $50 .... I bought it for $40 and I plan to make a few dollars on it when I sell it .... feel free to search the web like I do finding games to play, sell or just add to my collection .... when I decide to sell one I know my time is worth the few dollars I make on it

Apparently you are from atariage.com because one of your friends gave me an email lashing about selling ikari warriors for a price higher than the two of you are willing to pay ..... I'm sorry I didn't give you a little more detail when I sent you a response but so many people email me wanting me to give them something for nothing .... sometimes I give a response that is a little short.  

I will explain to you as I did to him that I make no apologies for selling it for $50 .... I bought it for $40 and I plan to make a few dollars on it when I sell it .... feel free to search the web like I do finding games to play, sell or just add to my collection .... when I decide to sell one I know my time is worth the few dollars I make on it

What is the difference between your auction and her auction ? Is there a difference besides the fact that yours isn't new ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1950995680

:ponder:

{*abbreviated*}

1.) If she paid $40 for it in the first place, too bad for her - no sympathy.

2.) She bought it for $40 to profit on it at $50? That doesn't even fly.

The listing fee, BIN fee, winning % fee and shipping would eat that $10 up!

3.) I hate the "poor me making a few dollars" routine. That's usually the

sign of a huckster to me; even if she's a LEGITIMATE huckster (i.e. you

actually get what you paid for).

My guess is she got it from a flea market for a few dollars after seeing it

sell for $35-$40 a bunch of times on eBay and decided to cash in on it &

now she's being defensive about the fact her "auction" isn't an "auction"

at all. If she really did pay $40 for it I refer you back to #2. Personally,

just my opinion, this seller is nuttier than a fruitcake.

Not defending the seller or slamming the seller, but I have bought 7800 games from her in the past. She has been selling 2600 / 7800 for a long time. She knows her atari 7800 games. So she knows what she is doing with this copy of Ikari Warriors. From my previous e-mail communicatons with her, I got the impression she has a rather large stock of games.

I got my first copy of this game for $15 a few years ago, and the price has steadily gone up. Thank goodness I completed my MIB 7800 collection some time ago. I don't have to worry about this sort of thing anymore....at least not for the 7800. :D