IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim discussion

moycon

Pretty much the same game. I think the PS3 does slightly better on full HD on some games, but this game is big enough, that any version is going to have it's own set of bugs/problems. Either way, your going to loose weeks to months of your life :P

Ive seen them side by side on the same monitor, the 360 looks a tad better.

Ok just had a bizarre glitch. I was in Winterhold standing around and a dragon attacked. This surprised me because I had already killed a dragon in Winterhold a short time prior.

I looked over to where the skeleton should have been and it was gone! So I start fighting this new dragon. He drops to the ground pretty close to where the old dragon was and starts breathing frost, suddenly a second dragon pops in front of him and I was like. WTF!? I realized this second dragon was dead, and empty. Must have been the corpse of the first dragon I had killed, but now it had it's skin on. I killed the new dragon and absorbed him. Now when entering Winterhold there is a dragon corpse and a dragon skeleton. Kooky.

Ok just had a bizarre glitch. I was in Winterhold standing around and a dragon attacked. This surprised me because I had already killed a dragon in Winterhold a short time prior.

I looked over to where the skeleton should have been and it was gone! So I start fighting this new dragon. He drops to the ground pretty close to where the old dragon was and starts breathing frost, suddenly a second dragon pops in front of him and I was like. WTF!? I realized this second dragon was dead, and empty. Must have been the corpse of the first dragon I had killed, but now it had it's skin on. I killed the new dragon and absorbed him. Now when entering Winterhold there is a dragon corpse and a dragon skeleton. Kooky.

Did you get a third soul for that?

I was at a burial site and saw a human casting magic at a dragon as he was coming alive, then the human shot straight into the air and disappered, was very strange.

Did you get a third soul for that?

I was at a burial site and saw a human casting magic at a dragon as he was coming alive, then the human shot straight into the air and disappered, was very strange.

No the new corpse was empty. I went back later and the skeleton was gone but the empty corpse remained. I hit it with a fireball and the corpse shot off across the landscape at top speed and I'm assuming over a cliff. I lost sight of it it traveled so far, so I went trudging after it and I tried to find it but it was no-where to be found.

Saw there was a patch when I played last nigth, but not sure what it did. Anyone know?

For PC:

UPDATE 1.2 NOTES

Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz

Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away

Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead

Dragon corpses now clean up properly

Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack

Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug

Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely

Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory

Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor

Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death

ESC button can now be used to exit menus

Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues

General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls

I guess I need to wait for the next patch which the previous patch broke.

That doesn't sound encouraging. :P

One of the things it was supposed to do was fix the issue where installing the game to the hdd resulted in low resolution textures being displayed in the game. That degraded the graphics quality significantly. I've been looking forward to that fix. Many of the other fixes should be issues that were fixed with the PC and PS3 patches as well.

Where's the easiest place to get a Eleaphent Trunk near Whiterun for that misc quest? I ran into several before I had the quest, of course, and now I can't find the damn things again. :P

I ran into the same issue. Some Argonian was wanting a bunch of supplies to stock his store or something and I had none of the items. I wouldn't sweat it. Just wait till you come across them and turn them in. That's what I did. If you can't wait, agro some mammoths and then head for some rocks and jump up on them. I've found these beast can't climb much and will usually just stand there and let you kill them (If you are up and and out of reach) They have no magic or long range attacks. Once killed they usually yield tusks and/or trunks.

Thanks.

At waht point do the 'misc and random dragon attacks' start? I've battled my first dragon as part of the main quest but not yet gone to see those Graybeard monks yet.

I haven't gone to the Graybeards yet I don't think. After the first attack they show up pretty regular. I've killed around 7 dragons and they usually just show up when I fast travel somewhere.

Thanks.

At waht point do the 'misc and random dragon attacks' start? I've battled my first dragon as part of the main quest but not yet gone to see those Graybeard monks yet.

I haven't gone to the Graybeards yet I don't think. After the first attack they show up pretty regular. I've killed around 7 dragons and they usually just show up when I fast travel somewhere.

I thought they call for you to visit them pretty early in the game?

They do, RT, I just haven't visted them yet. I've been working on Companion and Misc quests in the area of Whiterun, raising my level (up to 9), buying my first house and stocking it, and becoming a stronger warrior.

I haven't had reason to do any fast travel yet, either.

BTW, not only can you get misc quests by talking to people, but you can get them from books also! I got two last night when I reading books in the castle of Whiterun.