IGNORED

Non-Tendo R.O.B. carts ready for sale

Pioneer4x4

i'm still trying to figure out these screen shots. is this a game, a demo that uses R.O.B., or both?

It is covered more in this thread.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/190214-i-got-my-atari-to-control-my-nintendo-rob-robot/page__fromsearch__1

It is a program that runs on the Atari 2600 that you can control the Nintendo R.O.B. robot with. It sends the appropriate commands via screen changes to the robot. It has a on screen representation of what the position of the robot's arms and hands should be. You can use 2 joysticks or a touchpad/keypad/kids controller.

There should be a video in that thread with the first version showing the function and commands.

• 3 months later...

I am going to make some more of these if there is interest. I am not into pre-order or prepay, and it will only be about 10 more. I did make a minor update to the label stating that keypads work, so if anyone that bought the first one sends me their label I can mail them the new one. I plan on making a MINIMAL manual, and if I do, I will send it to the original purchasers as well.

Price will be $30 total shipped. There was one person that would like to return/resell their cart due to some personal reason, I somehow lost the email, feel free to message me. I suggested that instead of them shipping to me, that they could just ship to the next person on the list that wanted one and eat the shipping, so effectively do it for $25...

Anyway, I still have plans for a controller device in addition to the keypad support. To those that bought one already, I thank you for the interest, it was a huge kick when I got it to work.

I still do plan to offer them via the AtariAge store, and release the bin file (if it isn't out there already... ;-) )

They are shipped in boxes, not bubbleopes, and I got some real nice little shipping boxes lined up this time that I may even label if I can think of a nice way that isn't cheesy.

I guess i dont get it. Is that all its suppose to do just have 2 screens?

(well if chris leach wants one thats about all hes capable of playing)

lol jk

Scott

Yes, by itself, it is about as boring as an Atari 2600 program can be, it actually doesn't need any screens at all. It does have additional images that show up while flashing the codes that the Nintendo R.O.B. respopnds to.

There is a video on the other thread that shows it in all its glory sending commands to the robot. That version did not have the "Status Screen" image. I put in in the type of thing that you show to other classic collectors, and show them that you can use an Atari 2600 to control Nintendo's R.O.B.

It is not something that you will sit down and "Play" unless you make up some other game or challenge to do with the robot. (The stack-em pucks are best for this type of free play)

I guess i dont get it. Is that all its suppose to do just have 2 screens?

(well if chris leach wants one thats about all hes capable of playing)

lol jk

Scott

Chris leach backed out cause chris leach could actually only handle one screen! Chris leach is a bitch!

Just a FYI, I will probably just make them all one screen color from now on, and probably different than the ones I already did, just to keep those original's unique. I will make up 8-10 more since there is still interest. I am working on some more items that will be included, and if they are, I will also ship them to owners of the original ones (as long as I know who they are if any have changed hands, and are still on this site)

And I am sending one to the Stella Project as well. I am very grateful of stephena and his work on Stella.

OK, it looks like I may have about as many requests as I have parts. Let me check and make sure, feel free to add interest, but I think have have new boards for 10 more and I have 11 requests counting the old ones that didn't get one. Once they are all done, I'll contact everyone and get confirmation.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...