IGNORED

Is this a bad or good deal?

Brad2600

I hate to keep asking stupid questions like this but if I didn't trust AtariAge as much as I did, I wouldn't ask at all.

Anyway, here's what I won:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...1949316347&rd=1

Haven't sent payment yet.

Now, is it possible to repair this 5200 to top working order? Like a place to buy a replacement switch top and replacement controllers/power supply? I emailed Mike at Collector's Cards and Games asking about this also.

The deal came with a Wico Joystick and 6 games along with manuals. If anyone needs manuals, let me know. Otherwise, I'll hold onto them when I get more 5200 games.

Thanks and like I said I trust AtariAge very much when it comes to anything Atari. I value your opinions and I plan to be a lot more careful when it comes to auctions. Thanks!

yeah, it might be an adventure to get it to work correctly but it's a little harder to find the 4port switchbox and you have that now in case you run into a cheap 4port console. Also, that Wico and y-cable is probably worth $30 by itself so it wasn't such a bad deal.

The guy didn't say anything about the switchbox so I'm not sure if that's a problem in itself. It's mostly the A/C Adaptor that he stated doesn't work.

As for the components, I'll have to sort them out and figure out my next course of action once I pay him that is.

Thanx for advice

That's not a bad deal. And if the WICO works then it's more than worth all that.

Seems like in my experience thou, the switchbox goes bad, not the power supply. But you never know.

I wonder how he knows the controllers are bad if he can't test the system?

Maybe they have been bad for years, and now he just tried to hook it up and test it and it won't power up. Could just be the switchbox is broken. I have 3 broken switchboxes right now, and one turns on the led on the system, but doesn't change the tv. The other two, won't even turn on the led on the system, but I know the power supply works. He could be experiencing a similar problem.

He did mention that the controllers and the power supply don't work and that he's had the 5200 for years(obviously). He didn't say much about the 4 port switchbox though.

My suspicion is that he's never sold video games before as I checked the other items he was selling and they're mostly crystal and glassware. Perhaps it's his childhood 5200 that he's managed to save the manuals from? I think he might have lost the games as he has many manuals, but only 6 carts and no boxes.

I talked with Mike at Collector's Cards and Games..he'll sell me another 5200 if the one I'm getting doesn't work. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Either way, I agree regarding the Wico and the games/manuals along with the Wico are worth it alone and since I already WANTED a 5200, I'll let this deal slide. The seller is a Billy Wilson from Waco, Texas in case any of you have dealed with him before.