IGNORED

Taking a Look at Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

pocketmego

i finally got off my ass and ordered the game (Wii version) from Amazon.com, which is currently at $49.99. in fact they have all versions for that price except for the 360 version. anybody know why? is that one superior to the rest or something?

go to target, they are 49.99 there

How far into the game is everyone? I just acquired the Fire Source and think the game said I was at like 45%.

I just added my 7th character, Sonic Boom, to my set so now I just need one more to have a character representing each of the elements.

I'm really, really enjoying the game and the developers, I feel, did an excellent job of varying the gameplay to keep it interesting. Between the frequent Boss battles with Kaos, the Heroic Challenges, the lock puzzles, trying to find all the collection pieces in each level, leveling up the Skylanders.... I'm being completely and totally entertained.

Mendon

• Like 1

How far into the game is everyone? I just acquired the Fire Source and think the game said I was at like 45%.

We've beat the game and let me tell you, the last boss is NO pushover. You'll probably need those 7 figures, fully leveled at the end!

Still need to go back and get all the medals. I think that is what the % complete is. You can beat the game and still have like 68%. At that point you can go back and get the medals you didn't get the first time through. At least that's how I remember it working. Been awhile though, I really need to fire this back up. Especially now that I've got the Slam Bam adventure pack.

I'm going to wait and see if the game drops in price. I have a few unfinished ones already, but it's definitely on my list. If they come out with something more RPG in the mean time, I'll probably skip it unless it's under $30. There are too many good games I haven't played to spend a lot on one.

Which single character from each group does everyone recommend using/buying? Prism Break looks awesome IMO.

My son and I ( I use my 7 yr old son as an excuse to keep buying characters), have about 16 or 17 of them and I find we get the most use out of Firestarter, Drobot and Chop Chop, all of whom we've leveled up to 10.

They really have done a great job with this, the game play is a lot of fun and it clearly appeals to kids as well. (Wait, you mean the target audience wasn't 30+ yr old men?) :-D

• Like 1

well i was going to start a blog about my skylanders hunt, which is officially on. sadly my atariage account gives me errors when trying to post a blog. albert is looking into that.

with that, i will be keeping track of my progress within this thread. although i am on the hunt for the figurines, i am not going after all 32. the minimum i'll be satisfied with is five purchases, allowing me to have 1 of each of the 8 element types (the game comes with 3). based on the character design and the coolness factor of figurine itself, prism break is #1 on my want list.

here's my figurine hunt progress:

hunt #1 -> 3 stores: walmart, target, gamestop.

only walmart had anything other than the game itself. i will be picking up the 3DS version at target with my next paycheck, which has the game at $49.99 ($20 off) until 2/11. anyway, the figures available in walmart were stump smash, drobot, and boomer. since the latter are both tech-type and i have one, i passed on them and bought stump smash along with the only adventure pack (darklight crypt) in the store, which included undead-type ghost roaster.

i haven't bothered with the adventure pack yet, but i did level up stump smash to L5 so he is now caught up with the original three guys. and i didn't even have to open the package to use him! ha!!

oh, here's my in-game progress:

day one -> 4 hours of gametime. up to chapter 8 at 12% completion.

day two -> 2 1/2 hours of gametime. up to chapter 12 at 18% completion.

http://www.joystiq.c...giant-skylande/

Activision announces Skylanders Giants, featuring giant Skylanders

I read an article yesterday.... will try to find it again and post the link..... that not only are Giants being released, but a re-issue of all the original figures in new poses, new costumes, and with new items.

I like the game, I really do. I really like the uniqueness and originality of the game as it now stands. But too much of anything can ruin an experience and I hope that Activision sloooooows down on releasing figures for the game as I don't want to see Skylanders become another "a new Call of Duty is coming - ALREADY???" type of game.

Please don't beat consumers to death, Activision!

Mendon

• Like 1

GREAT posts, Bomberpunk!! I enjoyed reading about your figure quest and hope you continue to update us.

I haven't looked much at all over the last couple weeks and still stand at 7 different elemental characters. I still need a Life element character to complete the list.

I've been watching Amazon for figures but the only listings I've seen are by individual sellers wanting $25 and up per figures.

I posted awhile back that Toy's R Us had a few figures available in the store my son went to, but were charging $2 more than the MSRP for them. And while I don't shop at GameStop, I did look online the other day out of curiosity to see what they had to offer and noticed that they are now also charging $10 per figure.

Good luck in your quest!

Mendon

• Like 1

The game must not be as big a hit around here. There are quite a few add on characters on display at Walmart.

I walked into a Wal Mart last week and the display was full. Checked 3 other places (2 Targets and another Wal Mart) and they were completely bare. Might just have caught them after a restock. We talked to one Wal Mart employee who told us someone came in and bought out the entire stock before the end of the day on a day they had been stocked up. Something like $300 worth of Skylanders. It's probably one of those guys turning around and selling them for $70.

I don't sweat it too much though. Here at "moycon's toys" we're always fully stocked!! :grin: ;)

post-544-0-48442300-1328723815_thumb.jpg

post-544-0-94962600-1328723825_thumb.jpg

post-544-0-32940000-1328723837_thumb.jpg

+1 for Monkeywrench playing Galaga

LOL Good catch. I meant to also respond to your statement in regards to Prism Break.

While he is an awesome looking figure, if fact one of the first I bought mainly because I loved the quartz crystal looking arms, I don't really like him much as a character in the game. I think maybe he's just too complicated. One of his abilities is to drop a crystal, you can drop them on enemies, not easy to coordinate, or you can drop them in the ground and then fire you laser beams which causes them to split in two in a "V" shape, again, not too useful as coordinating an attack this way rarely seems to work. To be honest, I probably didn't level him up very far, and it has been awhile since I played with him. But my initial reaction was that I wasn't crazy about him, other than he's a great looking figure!