IGNORED

Taking a Look at Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

pocketmego

Bomberpunk: I was really surprised when that sequence in the game appeared... I mean, one minute I'm running thru the level as usual and the next I'm in control of a giant robot doing battle against enemies. Whoa!!

I thought it was a nice change of pace from the usual gameplay and its another reason I'm enjoying this game: you never know what sort of battle will happen next.

Mendon

• Like 1

yeah although i got a bit frustrated, it was beautiful. if only sega had thought of that first and revisited the Sonic 2 final battle in the same vein...

but yeah, i had so much trouble with that thing. then i realized i should try using a different element. seems like magic was a much better choice that fire.

day five -> game time: 1h 27m* | 21 chapters finished | 34% completion | 11 characters used (i own 12 but haven't put double trouble on the portal once yet

*a good 25-35 minutes of that was paused.

They contain an RFID chip.

http://brandonw.net/

Yep that was the guy...

"I could go into further detail, but then I'd sound more and more crazy, so perhaps I'll wait until I get basic portal emulation working. Stay tuned!

UPDATE: And here come the Activision lawyers! Suffice it to say, I've been shut down, so uh...nevermind. :)"

my wife gave me the 3DS version as a gift today. so i can add ignitor (fire #3) and stealth elf (life #2) to my list. dark spyro...whatever.

hunt #4 -> six stores (i was determined to find earth today): best buy, kmart #1, walmart, target, toys-r-us, kmart #2

best buy = nothing.

kmart #1 = finally admitting to myself that i'm going after all 32 characters, i got boomer (tech #3), and the last copy of zap (water #2) who has a little gash on his face :mad:

walmart = nothing.

target = nothing.

toys r us = drobot (tech #4), hex (undead #3), and then i put voodood back because he had missing paint all over his head. also, they want $9.99 per figurine. i won't be going back there...

kmart #2 = nothing.

it really ticks mes me off that i can't find ONE earth character. i really don't want to turn to amazon/ePay but i just may have to

so now.. including dark spyro...

4 magic | 4 tech | 3 fire | 2 water | 2 life | 3 undead | 1 air | 0 earth | [total: 19]

Edited by bomberpunk

Bomberpunk..... you are totally addicted, my friend! :)

Seems like everyone is getting into the "let's take advantage of a hot item" act. I haven't been seeking out any of the figures lately but while visiting a local comic book store yesterday to see about picking up a particular graphic novel, I noticed a full rack of 20 - 25 different, individual figures (no adventure or triple packs) all priced at $24.99 each. I know the guys in the store very well and mentioned "How do you bum's sleep at night charging these prices?" and they laughed and said "We just got this shipment in. Come back tomorrow and the rack will be empty".

Go figure :?

Mendon

Bomberpunk..... you are totally addicted, my friend! :)

yeah... you could say that!! ;)

i actually had a dream last night that i was in some store fighting some guy over one of these things, i think it was voodood.

day six -> game time: 6h 25m | 22 chapters finished | 46% completion | 15 characters used

i spent a lot of time going back to earlier chapters getting stuff i missed on the first run-through. i like how you have to replay some of them several times in order to kill all enemies, grab all items, or complete the speed run. but i wish there as a way to see what i have to do from the hub world instead of going to a chapter to see which goals haven't been met.

i have 5 more soul gems to find, 5 more scrolls to find, and i think 8 or 9 treasures.

for the final battle, i went through ALL of my leveled up guys. after that, i thought it was hilarious when i put my Level 1 / unused Wrecking Ball on the portal and took out Kaos with one hit.

one thing i noticed about the final battle was that Gill Grunt, Stump Smash, and Ghost Roaster are BEASTS, and although Whirlwind doesn't do too much damage, he takes a LOT of licks before finally going down.

i'm eyeing my unopened 3DS version now... but there's still a lot left to do before i move on.

Was out and about today. Finally snagged a Double Trouble figure. Seemed like stores in my local area were stocked up.

In fact I first went to Toys R Us and found they had around 50 figs including DT, but decided to pass since they want $9.99 a figure.

Later I went to GameStop and they also had a DT figure (and around 7 other figs) I know GameStop also jacks the price up to $9.99, but in this case I had a gift card i got free for taking online surveys, so I just considered it a free gift and decided to snag it.

BTW Skylander fans may want to check this out...

http://games.yahoo.c...-201020541.html

The Giants I can deal with, although I have no doubt they will just be a bigger figure with a no doubt bigger price tag, but this statement...

"In addition, the company plans to re-release all of the current Skylanders characters in different poses, which could boost the value of the original toys on the resale market."

Just comes off as double dipping! LOL

I also don't think the original poses will command much $$$ in the future as eventually interest in this particular game will wane, and there has probably been a bazzillion figures sold at this point. In the future there will be plenty of supply but not as much demand.

I was at Toy Fair last week and was lucky enough to receive a Cynder, limited edition figurine (metallic purple). I was thinking of selling it on ePay, as they are going for insane amounts of dough, but I need to give it some thought.

For me it would be an easy descision! LOL In fact I'd say my collection of Skylanders ( The game, around 15 figures, a carry case and a couple 3 packs) was more or less paid for by the sale of three of those crazy priced figures. The original Target exclusive Whirl Wind and two Eruptor's, one of them silver netted me around $150! When you figure some of my collection was gotten for free thanks to Toys R Us's BOGOF sale last Xmas I got a decent Skylanders collection and it didn't cost me much at all!

• Like 1

"I could go into further detail, but then I'd sound more and more crazy, so perhaps I'll wait until I get basic portal emulation working. Stay tuned!

If you go over to eurasia.nu, in the download section search for skylander. There's source code for an editor uploaded there. It looks like you could use it to emulate the portal with a bit more work.

i finally threw Darklight Crypt onto the portal and played through it. even though it's only one level it's a lot of content. seems like one of the bigger levels. i haven't used the 2 item-figurines yet.

i'm at 57%, i'm missing 3 scrolls (from the 3 adventure packs i don't have), i'm missing 3 soul gems, 13 hats, and i think 5 legendary items.

i have one character from each element (except Earth) maxed out to Level 10. it took me a while to decide on which upgrade path to take for everyone. Tempest for Whirlwind is a must. i'm second-guessing my acorn path for Stump Smash but he kinda sucks anyway. i use him a lot as he is my only Life character, plus he looks exactly like this old guy i used to work with. i'm also second-guessing bouncing-bullets for Trigger Happy. went with fireballs for Spyro, still undecided on Gill Grunt.

i'm going on the hunt for an Earth character (hopefully finding Prism Break or Pirate Seas AP) later on today when some stores open.

double post... so what wanna fight about it?

hunt #not_counting_anymore -> two stores: toysRus & best buy

toys r us had a FREAKEN EARTH ELEMENT GUY!! FINALLY!! Dino-Rang added to my roster. i stood there with the 37-year-old divorced employee for god knows how long talking mostly about Skylanders (when they get them, characters, upgrade paths, etc) among few other games. the funny thing was i wasn't bored at all talking to the guy. hey, i'm a nerd!

best buy was fully stocked with single packs but i had them all. they even had Dino-Rang.

that's a sweet looking cynder you got there.

i've spent the past few hours going through my one-star levels and trying to get the "collection" star. some of these enemy goals (ch 5) and/or speed runs (ch 4/8 ) seem impossible.

day whatever: 63% completed | 3 soul gems to go | 9 hats to go | 18 skylanders used (haven't opened my 3DS game yet to use those)

Edited by bomberpunk

I haven't been looking for any figures recently but was in Toy's R Us over the weekend with my grandson and saw that they had almost totally empty shelves. They had three different characters.... Double Trouble, Flameslinger, and a Chop-Chop in a silver package (is this a limited edition??).... but everything else was gone.

The reason for empty shelves, though, may have been a sale that was going on: if you bought a starter set, you got two free character/adventure packs which included Pirate Seas, Empire of Ice, Darklight Crypt, and various 3-figure multipacks.

Mendon

I've been addicted to playing Plants vs Zombies: Endless Survival Mode the past week or so and haven't gotten around to finishing Skylanders.

So I fired it up yesterday and got to face Kaos for the first time. Even though all eight of my characters are at Lvl 9, he pretty much handed me my rear end and laughed about it.

Not sure what was going on as I'd get him down to a fraction of his health, then a slight pause in the action took place where he either gave a rant or the hydra reared back for an attack, and then as soon as the action would resume Kaos was back to full health! WTF???

Only tried the battle once as company came over but I'll give it another go today and see if I can figure out what the hell is up with this battle.

Mendon

Heh, Yeah I think I mentioned somewhere in this thread that the Kaos battle is no pushover. One of the main things I think are the lasers and fire that can take a Skylanders health to zero in a few seconds.

I've read that Terrafin is a good Skylander to use because he can burrow under the ground and avoid the lasers, not sure if that also works with the fire. Memorizing the pattern for these is I think the key to winning.