IGNORED

5200 Brotherhood

atari5200dude82

Count me in.

guess I should join in... I'm the ONLY person I know of in the universe who thinks the 5200 is Atari's best console and one of the greatest consoles ever!

Not the only. And I'll top that. I think the controllers are great. And my house never burned down from the switchbox.

How's that grab ya?

• Like 2

I'm in. I've been a fan of the 5200 since it was released (although I traded it in for an Atari 400 within a couple of months...does that disqualify me?). I've never had a problem with using the controllers (but I do really, really appreciate the BEST Electronics gold upgrade). I prefer to play Star Raiders on the 5200 rather than the A8, and I even prefer playing Pac-Man on the 5200. :P

• Like 1

Not the only. And I'll top that. I think the controllers are great. And my house never burned down from the switchbox.

How's that grab ya?

I think the controllers are great too! I'd rather use them over the Wico and Masterplay Interface… both which are collecting dust on my shelf…

only other controller that I use regularly is the 5200 trak-ball… makes games like Centipede, Missile Command, Galaxian, Space Invaders on the 5200 superior over ALL other versions!

I've also left my four-port 5200 on for well over 72 hours straight and no fires reported…

I'd rather play the 5200 version of games over all other versions (only exception is Kaboom! - until I get myself a 5200 paddle controller)

Only if someone brings the cookie for limp biscuit.

You can take that cookie and stick it up your !@#$@....

stick it up your !@#$@....

Hey, it won't be as prestigious as the wine snob club right?

Edited by jetset

Who will be interested in joining or starting. a Atari 5200 Brotherhood club. I will be the first member to join.

I'm interested too, just wandering what we all get?? Tattoos?? :)

We should make it "5200 Broderbund" just so it is even more retro/geeky.

• Like 1

OK, add another to the 5200 Brotherhood! My only complaint about the 5200 is.. I have to 'service' my controllers about once per year.. beyond that, I really love the system... I have a 4-port, with the weird switchbox thingy (the technical term, LOL) and it works flawlessly!

I just have always loved the arcade conversions for the 5200...

I also lucked out... I got a 5200, complete in smooshed box, all inside boxes, manuals, and catalogs + a Q*Bert bare cart. for $25 at a resale shop...

Only if someone brings the cookie for limp biscuit.

You can take that cookie and stick it up your !@#$@....

Hey, it won't be as prestigious as the wine snob club right?

LMAO, I was trying to remember the terminology for the game that used the word 'cookie' to avoid associations to Fred Durst & Co. :D