IGNORED

Has anyone here ever used Craigslist?

ACrystal2011

When I sell on Craigslist, I advise on the listing to send an email to the anonymous Craigslist email I advertise on the post (CL will forward the mail to my inbox). When I respond to them (if they email), I will let them know if I have accepted their offer or not (they usually haggle a bit), then I direct them to call my cell. If they don't follow through with that next step I know they are not serious or are possibly attempting a scam. The ones that do follow through have always ended up buying for around the price I originally asked, and they have usually been able to pick up right away. :thumbsup:

Regarding the $500 check, yeah, that's a scam. I've had that one before, too. Just be careful and use your common sense. :)

• Like 1

When I sell on Craigslist, I advise on the listing to send an email to the anonymous Craigslist email I advertise on the post (CL will forward the mail to my inbox). When I respond to them (if they email), I will let them know if I have accepted their offer or not (they usually haggle a bit), then I direct them to call my cell. If they don't follow through with that next step I know they are not serious or are possibly attempting a scam. The ones that do follow through have always ended up buying for around the price I originally asked, and they have usually been able to pick up right away. :thumbsup:

Regarding the $500 check, yeah, that's a scam. I've had that one before, too. Just be careful and use your common sense. :)

I never thought to instruct them to call, thanks for that tip! :)

Ok, so my boyfriend put an ad up on craigslist and some guy just offered to pay the asking price plus an additional $500 by way of certified bank check. This made no since to me, why would someone offer more money than what the item was listed for. Is this some type of scam?

It's a scam.... period. Same shit happened to me when I was selling one of my pins. I played along and asked for a phone # ...and amazingly they wrote back that they were deaf. My suggestion to you is to have some fun with it and string them out like I did.

• Like 1

I've sold a couple things on Craigslist...mostly small electronic stuff like old cell phones, drum machines, etc...

My favorite is the dude who will email asking me to just GIVE IT to them for free. This happened on a Palm cell phone that I sold for easily for $100. Happened again on an iPad 1 I sold in 5 hours for $400 cash... yet people don't hesitate to ask you to give it away. Why the hell would I do that?