IGNORED

Missile Command 3D freezes in 3D mode.

Goldfish

I can't get past the first stage, which is really annoying because I find the Virtual mode to be fairly unplayable due to the inability to gauge distance. I have an M model Jag (so obviously not just a K model issue), and I've seen a few people have had the same problem, but there doesn't seem to be any real conclusion. Is it the game? Is it the Jag? Is there anything I can do to bypass it?

Honestly annoying. May just have to go ahead and buy the PS1 enhanced version.

Edited by Goldfish

Many moons ago I had an online chat/interview with the developer of the game. The producer at Atari was almost ready to scrap the virtual mode in favour of this (!!!). From what I remember it was very hastily put together and the amount of testing done was probably minimal. From my hazy recollection it's often K models that have issues, but there's something nagging in my head about others with M models who've also had problems, but I can't be 100% sure. That's the problem about returning to Jag stuff after 10 odd years ;)

FWIW, it works fine on both my Jags, but I think they're both Ms.

• 10 years later...
12 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Maybe the old tech is starting to die on us, only now a first step in a mass death of consoles and carts alike. Nothing lasts forever, in the same form…

Emulation is the answer I guess, to your problem. 

I see more than one thread about this issue going back more than 10 years. Here is one 18 years old: 

Edited by Zaxxon79

Its a glitch with the jaguar console. Some say that its specific to a certain model of jaguar k or m but for me it happens on one of my 2 jaguars and they are both model k. Very frustrating because it will only run on my new boxed console which I hate to have to take out just to play one game.

• 7 months later...
On 1/2/2012 at 4:55 AM, skip said:

Many moons ago I had an online chat/interview with the developer of the game. The producer at Atari was almost ready to scrap the virtual mode in favour of this (!!!). From what I remember it was very hastily put together and the amount of testing done was probably minimal. From my hazy recollection it's often K models that have issues, but there's something nagging in my head about others with M models who've also had problems, but I can't be 100% sure. That's the problem about returning to Jag stuff after 10 odd years ;)

FWIW, it works fine on both my Jags, but I think they're both Ms.

Where i can find that interview?