IGNORED

Gamecube broadband adapter !

CPUWIZ

three words;

Phantasy Star Online

:D  :D

ah, I should qualify my statement with I'm a big FPS and Sports fan and have never liked any RPG. I like the occasional strategy game and I like all the oddball games like Super Monkey Ball, Samba de Amigo, and DDR.

I've never played more than 30 minutes of any of the Final Fantasies they bore me too much with their battle systems, although I like the Final fantasy movie :)

what good games support multi on the GC?  I was thinking of picking up a Xbox to play some of  Socom and Halo2 broadband but I might be tempeted to get a GC and a BBA if there were good games out.

Socom is a PS2 exclusive, or at lease as far as I know it is. As far as GC games go, PSO is the only online game so far.

these things are hard to find.. dont look at whats out now.. look to the future.. there are big things nintendo is planning, and with no new units (BBA) shipping righ t now, its best to get one while you can  

:)

Cheers man, that is why I am confused, what if they discontinue the thing for real ? This adapter might be the next Quadrun in a few years.

Cheers man, that is why I am confused, what if they discontinue the thing for real ? This adapter might be the next Quadrun in a few years.

If they release another online game and don't re-release the BBA, the GC owners are going to unleash holy hell. The only reason there's no pressure to do so right now is that with only PSO out there, no demand exists.

Actually... thats not true.

if there wasn't a demand, the BBA..56K modem, and PSO would not be in high demand and sold out in many parts of the country.

There is a HUGE demand on this stuff..... I didn't think there would be... I 100% agreed with Nintendo that the online market still doesn't exist... oddly enough it seemingly does....whether the trend stays strong or not...we'll see. Sega did not do so hot with their 1st attempt at online. M$ seems to struggle with its online... (by struggle, I mean finance wise).

There are talks of Animal Crossing 2 being online capable, and many other 1st party Nintendo games (in the future of course).

and BTW.. Nintendo is not 100% against online because the Nintendo 64 DD was made to go online with a modem... that came with the system (randnet kit).

†B†V†