IGNORED

Happy New Year! - Scramble for the 7800

PacManPlus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just recently found out that this was released.... I'm really sorry I missed out on the boxed version, but I'm going to be ordering this one as soon as I have the funds...... I'm presuming sometime this week. I've been a Scramble fan since the arcade game was out, and I was pretty good at it. Time to see if I've still got it. :-D

Iggy*SJB' timestamp='1363050239' post='2713859']

I just recently found out that this was released.... I'm really sorry I missed out on the boxed version, but I'm going to be ordering this one as soon as I have the funds...... I'm presuming sometime this week. I've been a Scramble fan since the arcade game was out, and I was pretty good at it. Time to see if I've still got it. :-D

Do you have a nes pad? Without one I am screwed when i get near the end.. never once finished it yet.. too hard for me..

• Like 1

Do you have a nes pad? Without one I am screwed when i get near the end.. never once finished it yet.. too hard for me..

I love, love, love the prolines. I have never hit a game before where I can't work with those. Until I got Scramble a couple months back. Man, talk about hand-cramping. The 7800 joypads are a much better option than those, but I am having trouble getting deep into the game, which I assumed was probably just due to me sucking. I think I'll break out my NES 7800 controller tonight and see how it performs though. Maybe that's the reason I'm not getting better at it.

Thanks, guys :)

The 'maze' section is very difficult. I remember when I was testing the ending, I needed to 'skip' the routine that causes the player's ship to explode because I had a hard time getting past it - even with the keyboard in emulation.

But, it scrolls at the same rate as the arcade, and has the exact same terrain as the arcade.

One thing to remember; the bottom half of your ship does not detect collisions with the ground. I had to actually put that in when I noticed the arcade version was like that (I originally had the entire ship bounding box checked).

• 1 year later...

Try the (updated) ROMs from this post instead.

Highly recommend using the latest version (0.155) of the MESS emulator for closest to real hardware experience (Timings, game pacing including any slowdowns, etc). Easy, 4 steps only, setup here.

To add Scramble to the already provided entire library of original NTSC and PAL games in the above link:
-Copy [NTSC] "Scramble.A78" to the 'software\a7800' folder.
-Copy [PAL] "ScrambleP.A78" to the 'software\a7800p' folder.

Purchase the cartridge here.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Ok with the help of uberarcade's controller I got to the end of scramble on easy mode. It says konomi on the top of the terrain and keeps saying that over and over untill I run out of fuel. What am I supposed to do to get past this point?

You should see a small base target you need to successfully bomb (Wedged between buildings) just after that Konami sign to move on to the next mission.

I'm about to miss it horribly and highlighted below. Video posted here.

post-18-0-21121500-1441637739_thumb.png

• Like 1

Try the (updated) ROMs from this post instead.

Highly recommend using the latest version (0.155) of the MESS emulator for closest to real hardware experience (Timings, game pacing including any slowdowns, etc). Easy, 4 steps only, setup here.

To add Scramble to the already provided entire library of original NTSC and PAL games in the above link:

-Copy [NTSC] "Scramble.A78" to the 'software\a7800' folder.

-Copy [PAL] "ScrambleP.A78" to the 'software\a7800p' folder.

Purchase the cartridge here.

Did different carts get different ROMs?

• 5 years later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Scramble on tomorrow's (Fri Apr 23, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

1986391027_20210423-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.bdf552f1276af55ab07ee9b5ddc1a4fd.jpg

• Like 2