IGNORED

Early Shot of Skyhammer

JagMX

I actually don´t think that these were screenshots from the real game......

More something like an intro or some video sequence.....

The early shots I saw from Skyhammer didn´t look that good.....

But maybe this is so early that it looked better and then they had to cut graphics down to be able to do all the otherstuff like enemies and AI and stuff.....

Peter

I actually don´t think that these were screenshots from the real game......

More something like an intro or some video sequence.....

The early shots I saw from Skyhammer didn´t look that good.....

But maybe this is so early that it looked better and then they had to cut graphics down to be able to do all the otherstuff like enemies and AI and stuff.....

Peter

I think your second guess is probably the right one. It looks like in-game graphics to me, not snapshots of fmv. It was probably originally done in a higher color depth and maybe even higher resolution, but they had to cut back on res and color-depth to get it to run at a reasonable rate with all the A.I. and enemy polygons in there. The final models are in a much lower resolution than that tank in the pic (textures) and so are the buildings...

Well, I don't feel like arguing over HS anymore, but I will say that I don't think SkyHammer's frame rate is much better than Hover Strike's anyway, they seem virtually the same to me, it's just that Skyhammer doesn't skip frames when turning around, so it's smoother there, but going forward or backward seems the same to me.