IGNORED

More unreleased Jag pix

JagMX

Chaos Agenda - Black Ice White Noise

Freelancer - from the PC to the Jag, of course Atari didnt want to release it

and on the bottom "Ape Shit" a differnt version of joust or gameplay similair to bubble bobble with apes throwing around bombs and stuff

If you also notice in the article it mention how Dino Dudes 2 was in the works :?

I have this magazine too. I sent clips of all these pictures and articles to Albert and he scanned them all, so at some point they should be in the Jaguar section here at AtariAge. Plus a LOT more...like the interview with Rebellion that's in that same mag that talks about how AvP is bitmapped graphics instead of textured polygons, etc. also talks about that other game 'Legions of the Undead,' that would have been a cool game!

quote from article about AvP (this always intreged me, since I had assumed it to be textured polygons until I read it):

"The graphics in AvP were actually digitized from models rather than being drawn from scratch. The texture on the walls was formed by making panels and these were digitized and then turned into bitmapped graphics. These aren't scaling texture-mapped polygons, but scaling bitmaps-the Jag's hardware is just fast enough to shift them. I spoke to Mike Beaton, the games programmer, about how the Jaguar handles the graphics."

'It's similiar to Doom', programmer Mike Beaton explains, 'but we're using over 32,000 colors compared to Doom's [PC] 256, and we're drawing the walls and ceilings seperately. The Jaguar's Blitter draws the panels while calculations are handled by the GPU. And around 10-15 frames per second it's certainly smooth enough.'

It's a great article that goes on about Checkered Flag, Legions of the Undead and other stuff and hopefully everyone will be able to check it out if Albert ever gets the time to put them in the Jag section.

Looking forward to that scan & that read about AvP.

Allways thought AvP was a "wolfenstein with floors" and i guess my assumption was right =) ..Just they use (apparently RBG "trucolors" instead. Or perhapps they use CRY to get easy shading (if there is shading in avp think there is but it shouldnt be.. since there are huge (verry scary/reallike (cant describe it =) looking lights in the roof =)

But that article explains it. They use the blitter in increment mode to scale a vertical strip of the wall bitmap (like wolfenstein). Cool... =)

Now If i just could figure out how they did the floor I would be even happier =) ...this is a bit worse than drawin walls since you cant use the blitter in an easy way (Darn it! Who whants to have a mask register for A2 when all things you ever whanted to do needs a mask for A1 !!! =)

Ahh well... nice historical information anyway =)

/Sym

heh, i think we have all the same stuff gunstar ;)

i was looking through this box i had and found all game reviews, ad's articles pix of released and unrelased stuff and early shots and everything, thought maybe some people wouldnt mind seein it :) unlike the rude german, glad everyone else appreciated my little effort :)

ill stop for now :)

Yeah, I have a strange feeling we do have all the same stuff too :)

Did you save all the magazine clips of 3DO stuff from those same magazines too? I did. It would be cool to see if there IS anything different that we have that we could scan and exchange...

I keep hoping that a "lost" beta or ANYTHING for that Freelancer game shows up, that one looked like a very cool game too. I read somewhere that it had progressed quite well and was somewhere between 50-100% done. If it's anywhere near as complete as SW2K, PZ or BI/WN I'd be happy.

Yeah, I have a strange feeling we do have all the same stuff too :)  

Did you save all the magazine clips of 3DO stuff from those same magazines too? I did. It would be cool to see if there IS anything different that we have that we could scan and exchange...

its quite possible we have stuff we havent seen or lost or somethin,

man if i was into the 3do back then i wouldve saved it all as well... theres a member on AA Zangardo, that has quite alot of 3do mags :D

I keep hoping that a "lost" beta or ANYTHING for that Freelancer game shows up, that one looked like a very cool game too. I read somewhere that it had progressed quite well and was somewhere between 50-100% done. If it's anywhere near as complete as SW2K, PZ or BI/WN I'd be happy.

There's a couple of betas I know about at a status in between BI/WN and PZ...

Stone

I was thinking the same thing. That game looks very cool. The network support would have been awesome.

The problem with hindsight is its allways 20/20 vision.

If we'd known the Jag would die, yet keep its cult following, we'd all have kept every review, game, bit of obscure knowladge etc, we could get hold of. Hell, if, before the jaguar had been launched, we'd have known it would have been such a flop and yet how uber it is, and everyone who is now on this board worked to hype it up, publicise it and so forth, who knows Atari might still be here.

Again tho, hindsight is a wonderful, and terrible thing. A man could spend his whole life wishing he could go back and do things differently.

Yeah' date=' I have a strange feeling we do have all the same stuff too :)

Did you save all the magazine clips of 3DO stuff from those same magazines too? I did. It would be cool to see if there IS anything different that we have that we could scan and exchange...[/quote']

man if i was into the 3do back then i wouldve saved it all as well... theres a member on AA Zangardo, that has quite alot of 3do mags :D

I wasn't into the 3DO back then either, well, not until late '96, but I didn't know I'd be collecting for it like I was/am with the Jag, but all those magazines I saved for Jag content also have lots of 3DO content too. I take it you just ripped out the Jag stuff and didn't save the magazines? I ripped the Jag stuff out, but I still kept the magazines, so when I started collecting 3DO stuff, I went back and ripped out the 3DO stuff!

Yeah' date=' I have a strange feeling we do have all the same stuff too :)

Did you save all the magazine clips of 3DO stuff from those same magazines too? I did. It would be cool to see if there IS anything different that we have that we could scan and exchange...[/quote']

I wasn't into the 3DO back then either, well, not until late '96, but I didn't know I'd be collecting for it like I was/am with the Jag, but all those magazines I saved for Jag content also have lots of 3DO content too. I take it you just ripped out the Jag stuff and didn't save the magazines? I ripped the Jag stuff out, but I still kept the magazines, so when I started collecting 3DO stuff, I went back and ripped out the 3DO stuff!

thats xactly what i did ;)

unlike the rude german, glad everyone else appreciated my little effort :)

I guess this pointed out at me...

Well I certainly didn´t want to be rude and i am sorry if you felt offended by me....

But what does the fact that I live in germany has to do with that?

I wasn´t even born there...ah anyway....

As I said before I didn´t intend to be an asshole I was just dissapointed because I hoped to see something new.....

See ya

Peter