IGNORED

Swedish anyone?

• 2 years later...

Well, since you asked... ;)

There were actually official swedish manuals made. At least in the beginning.

Here are Space Battle, Skiing, Tennis and Vectron.

Di7izBn.jpg

Backside:

EeRQyTs.jpg

And these are minimized copies of original manuals on to 4A papersheets.

jvD3bPF.jpg

COfogGd.jpg

Here it says 15 000 sold. (c:a 1986) Meaning games i think, which would translate to maybe 2000-3000 consoles?

K7JLEea.jpg

Nice that some of you enjoyed your time in Sweden...

The swedish Intellivision "scene" basically only consists of a thread on the Commodore64.se forums that I started this summer...

But we do have a celebrity who is an Intellivision fan of sorts. ;)

His artist name is "Markoolio" and is kind of like your Weird Al Jankovic.

He has tweeted about Intellivision, for example that he was happy to get a Triple Action which was his first video game ever.

Here he is in his rendition of Becks "Loser" (from 98` i think)

It is about him having to travel by commuter train since he has no drivers license and is incapable of getting one.

The chorus is something like "Goooing by Commuter Train, I´m a Loser Baby, I have no drivers license!"

Another popular one is "More Goals" (Mera Mål) a song about that video games is better than the real thing, in this case soccer...

Maybe I should suggest that he gets a ECS synthesizer for his studio...

Anyways, sorry about all this but you asked for "swedish"... ;)

Edited by NumbThumb
  • Like 2

The 1986 advertisment must be from the later, Bergsala years. They bought or otherwise took over the remaining stock and agenture from LEAB and sold Intellivision, Microbee and a few more (Vectrex?) to "practise" for their launch of the Nintendo Entertainment System. Bergsala asked Nintendo early on to start distribute it, as they already sold G&W but they had to wait for a while. I don't know though if any sales of leftover Intellivision units worked towards convincing Nintendo this company should represent them in Sweden and rest of Scandinavia.

• 5 years later...

Necro posting, but it recently came to my awareness that Thin Ice exists with Swedish instructions. This game officially was launched in August 1986, and I suppose one could expect a few months delay before Bergsala got access to selling it which would put us close to the beginning of 1987. For comparison, Bergsala begun NES sales in September 1986. From what I've found, Bergsala bought surplus Vectrex systems in c:a 1984 and sold those while waiting for Nintendo and up till now, I thought they did the same about surplus Intellivision stuff from LEAB in 1985. Apparently Bergsala held the agenture from INTV Corp and at least brought some of their games, perhaps even System /// over here, in parallel with the NES and G&W sales. It makes me wonder for how long they kept the Intellivision on this market (still in competition with the even more aging Atari 2600 of course).

• Like 1

There's always a market for popular older generation systems as budget systems that sell for half the price or lower.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's other localised editions of intellivisions and cartridges that have not been discovered yet.

Edited by mr_me

20 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Necro posting, but it recently came to my awareness that Thin Ice exists with Swedish instructions. This game officially was launched in August 1986, and I suppose one could expect a few months delay before Bergsala got access to selling it which would put us close to the beginning of 1987. For comparison, Bergsala begun NES sales in September 1986. From what I've found, Bergsala bought surplus Vectrex systems in c:a 1984 and sold those while waiting for Nintendo and up till now, I thought they did the same about surplus Intellivision stuff from LEAB in 1985. Apparently Bergsala held the agenture from INTV Corp and at least brought some of their games, perhaps even System /// over here, in parallel with the NES and G&W sales. It makes me wonder for how long they kept the Intellivision on this market (still in competition with the even more aging Atari 2600 of course).

any pic of that Swedish manual?

Tack

The auction ended in November 2019, so grab it before it disappears:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1UxiTVDvBgEJ:https://www.tradera.com/item/301704/372449242/intellivision-i-kartong-med-9-spel-bl-a-thin-ice-med-bergsala-a4-

328718160_02e678b1-83c9-4718-b6fe-b7bed9

Careful readers will see a BASIC cartridge for the VTech Creativision was included in the lot!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, carlsson said:

The auction ended in November 2019, so grab it before it disappears:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1UxiTVDvBgEJ:https://www.tradera.com/item/301704/372449242/intellivision-i-kartong-med-9-spel-bl-a-thin-ice-med-bergsala-a4-

328718160_02e678b1-83c9-4718-b6fe-b7bed9

Careful readers will see a BASIC cartridge for the VTech Creativision was included in the lot!

Ummmm....anyone know anything about Creativision? ?

F92484CF-5E04-4457-B21A-3EF8F8224209.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Ummmm....anyone know anything about Creativision?

Hah, I see you are fishing overseas.

And yes, I have been programming a little on the "other" CV, mainly an almost finished Reversi game but also some other stuff. I think even the cc65 compiler has been targetted for it. The VTech Creativision is super rare in most parts of the world but semi-common in a few select places like Australia, Italy, Sweden, perhaps some more places. In particular in my home town almost every collector worth his salt owns one or two systems which is downright peculiar considering how rare it is elsewhere. Supposedly it was some store who used to sell them who had a big surplus once they closed.

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

Hah, I see you are fishing overseas.

And yes, I have been programming a little on the "other" CV, mainly an almost finished Reversi game but also some other stuff. I think even the cc65 compiler has been targetted for it. The VTech Creativision is super rare in most parts of the world but semi-common in a few select places like Australia, Italy, Sweden, perhaps some more places. In particular in my home town almost every collector worth his salt owns one or two systems which is downright peculiar considering how rare it is elsewhere. Supposedly it was some store who used to sell them who had a big surplus once they closed.

Haha! There are very few parts of the world I haven't bought stuff from. ?

I honestly know nothing about the Creativision, that's cool info. ??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, intellivotion said:

so it was you! Why am I not surprised?

That's perhaps unique or close to be. A pure holy grail from the Northern Valleys in front of the Gates of Valhalla.

Cmart, you will ride eternal, shiny and chrome (quote from Mad Max: Fury Road)

Haha! It's cool to keep finding stuff from around the world after all these years.