IGNORED

PS Vita owner's thread - Post experiences here!

goldenegg

The PS3 / Vita cross play games "feature" was also exaggerated. Looking at my Vita's PS store, only Hustle Kings currently supports this feature. Yep, ONE game works with cross play, and it's POOL.

I had high hopes when this feature was announced, but it is very limited to the point of being useless.

You can still play PS1 disc games over remote play with the Vita, but you could do that with a PSP.

I also confirmed the GPS only works with 3G models signed up for the data plan. Even the PSP GPS didn't need a data plan to function, but that add on was only released in Japan.

It seems the Vita launch is quite similar to the 3DS launch. The 3DS original firmware was rushed and missing features, as is the Vita. Hopefully some obvious missing features in the Vita firmware will be added, and sales will improve.

Thanks low_budget. I knew about the GPS. I found that out after I bought the wifi version though. I don't think it would have changed my mind on the wi-fi model but it could have. That's a bummer about what you say in regards to cross play. I wasnt really interested in it at first but between getting the Vita and now my 360 died again and I was considering getting a PS3 this time around so I was just curious.

Edited by GKC

Anyone grab Harry Potter Years 5-7,MLB '12: The Show,Ridge Racer or Reality Fighters yet?I was looking these all over on 3/9 and was wondering. :)

RR looks good,just no Infra. multiplayer racing! :mad: MLB looks neat. :) HP I'm no fan of. :roll: RF might be cool until Mortal Kombat arrives.

I'm still dying to see PA and R:BS arrive!

I believe Ridge Racer has reviewed poorly and much of the game has to be purchased via microtransactions despite the MSRP being $30 (Which only yields you three tracks and 5 cars, apparantly, and is much of the reason why it is reviewing so poorly). Too bad since it looked fun in the videos. Hopefully Namco rereleases it someday with all the content in a Greatest Hits release so you're actually buying a game and not just a demo.

If you own a 3DS, you might be better off buying Ridge Racer on that system since it was much better recieved and is a fully fleshed out experience out of the box.

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...

PA R:BS U:GA :?

PS Vita games begin to look like opcodes...

I'm thinking about getting one. But high price (Memorycards...) and dissapointment in modern games hold me back at this moment. But I must say, Uncharted: Golden Abbyss looks like a great game.

PA R:BS U:GA :?

PS Vita games begin to look like opcodes...

I'm thinking about getting one. But high price (Memorycards...) and dissapointment in modern games hold me back at this moment. But I must say, Uncharted: Golden Abbyss looks like a great game.

Do you like the Unchartd series in general? If you do I think you would like Golden Abyss. I've played threw the first and part of the 2 Uncharted and Golden Abyss is definitely a console experience on a handheld.

• Like 1

I've been debating buying a Vita recently. Whats the deal with the 3G vs wifi? Seems initially like a no brainer to go for the wifi version since there is no data plan needed.

I went with the wifi version. Anytime i've ever had the choice in this with electronics that's what I've always done and I've yet to say to myself that I wish I had the 3g version. Anyways the 3G also has wifi so it's not missing anything that the wifi version has. The wifi version is, obviously, missing the 3G capabilities. Also, I could be mistaken, but I don't believe the gps function will work on the wifi only version.

Do you like the Unchartd series in general? If you do I think you would like Golden Abyss. I've played threw the first and part of the 2 Uncharted and Golden Abyss is definitely a console experience on a handheld.

Since I don't have a PS3, I'm not able to play it. But from what I've seen, I like the combination of story telling and action.

Since I don't have a PS3, I'm not able to play it. But from what I've seen, I like the combination of story telling and action.

Ah got'cha. A story telling action game is a perfect way to sum those games up.

And by 'threw' I meant through. Lol not sure what happened there.

I've been debating buying a Vita recently. Whats the deal with the 3G vs wifi? Seems initially like a no brainer to go for the wifi version since there is no data plan needed.

I went with the wifi version. Anytime i've ever had the choice in this with electronics that's what I've always done and I've yet to say to myself that I wish I had the 3g version. Anyways the 3G also has wifi so it's not missing anything that the wifi version has. The wifi version is, obviously, missing the 3G capabilities. Also, I could be mistaken, but I don't believe the gps function will work on the wifi only version.

So its just GPS you miss out on really then? I just can't quite grasp why have a data plan on a portable console seems idiotic. Was pricing out what it would cost to get one a bit ago, I hadn't realized the memory cards were so retardedly expensive nor that the games were as expensive as they are. Might end up holding out for a price drop unless some absolute must have games show up.

So its just GPS you miss out on really then? I just can't quite grasp why have a data plan on a portable console seems idiotic. Was pricing out what it would cost to get one a bit ago, I hadn't realized the memory cards were so retardedly expensive nor that the games were as expensive as they are. Might end up holding out for a price drop unless some absolute must have games show up.

Gps as of now and as far as I know. I'm not sure what, if any, future plans Sony may have for it though. Getting the 3g one I guess future proofs you in case there are any games that have Gps functions built into them later down the road. Also, of course, you wouldn't be able to play online with the wifi version without a hot spot.

Memory cards are pretty ridiculous. I'm going all physical media (when there's a choice) so I avoided the $100 32 gb card. In fact I think my 16 bg card was over kill for me.

Gps as of now and as far as I know. I'm not sure what, if any, future plans Sony may have for it though. Getting the 3g one I guess future proofs you in case there are any games that have Gps functions built into them later down the road. Also, of course, you wouldn't be able to play online with the wifi version without a hot spot.

Memory cards are pretty ridiculous. I'm going all physical media (when there's a choice) so I avoided the $100 32 gb card. In fact I think my 16 bg card was over kill for me.

Are there actually games planned with GPS functionality? And same for me in regards to physical, downloads are only tolerable to me if there is no other option or its at a substantial discount. Do the games save to the memory card or do they save to the game cards?

Are there actually games planned with GPS functionality? And same for me in regards to physical, downloads are only tolerable to me if there is no other option or its at a substantial discount. Do the games save to the memory card or do they save to the game cards?

I haven't heard of any definite plans on any games that would utilize the gps function. Just speculation by people on another forum. I can't even recall how they said it could be used in the games but they were using it as justification for buying the 3G version. Future proofing their investment.

As far as game saves, some games will save to the game cards and some require a memory card to save. I believe Uncharted is one such game that requires a memory card to save.

I forgot to mention that the gps and Near app kind of go hand in hand. Near is basically Sony's version of Street Pass. It allows you to see who's plaing the Vita around you. Something that you would need to be connected to do. I forgot about Near. It's not really my thing.

The 3G/Wi-Fi one just lets you stay connected to AT&T's Broadband network in real-time (supposedly) for Near and Chat and Leaderboards for a "more fantastic gaming experience". :roll: :lol: Not sure I care about all that AND gaming too! ;)

The 3G/Wi-Fi one just lets you stay connected to AT&T's Broadband network in real-time (supposedly) for Near and Chat and Leaderboards for a "more fantastic gaming experience". :roll: :lol: Not sure I care about all that AND gaming too! ;)

I have little actual interest in that so maybe the wifi version will be plenty for me.

• Like 1

sounds like Vita has been hacked! maybe I'll pick one up after all... but looks like Sony is on the ball with this one. but yeah, taking away games legitimately purchased by people? they better find a way to compensate them... but even so, if the person really wanted the game...

http://arstechnica.c...e-downloads.ars

excerpts:

On March 1, the hackers at Wololo.net first publicly announced that their homebrew Vita Half Byte Loader (VHBL) worked by exploiting a vulnerability in a downloadable copy of the PSP title Motorstorm: Arctic Edge, releasing a video of Doom being loaded onto the system by way of proof. Sony responded quickly, removing Motorstorm from the PlayStation Store just before VHBL was officially released the next day.

Users that had previously downloaded Motorstorm could still use the exploit, though, and the hackers claim they went to great pains to ensure that a few thousand people in and around the hacking community were able to download the game before the details of the hack were made public. Previous purchasers are no longer able to redownload the game from the PlayStation Store, however, potentially leaving some innocent bystanders without access to legally purchased titles if they delete their existing copy (Sony did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the matter).