IGNORED

ATARI small MEGA DVD.torrent

w1k

You have it very close to what the situation is. He does have most if not all of the software for sale on his website but it is mixed in with a lot of downloadable archives on the internet including TOSEC rom sets. It is also available with his permission for download in at least one internet archive of Atari software. So the cat is out of the bag so to speak in this instance.

The issue is brought up by Sikor here every once in awhile. I have some of his games in the 16 MB images that I made available here for download. It came up as an issue as well. After speaking to him in PMs he gave me permission to leave them in and distribute the ones in the images as long as he was credited. I did so and the images are still available. So maybe all he really wants is recognition for the programs as well as his permission to distribute them.

Still it would be nice to have a list to determine which games are being talked about.

Since megauploads is gone, all of the TOSEC roms disappeared along with it and apparently TOSEC has no intention of putting them up at another location. As I have the full TOSEC sets, I was considering putting them up. But at this point would at least go through them first and remove his games from them.

As for the rights to Frogger, Jurassic Park, Space Invaders, etc. Doubtful to say the least that he has permission to use them. He states in the other thread basically that he does not have rights to use Jurassic Park but it is okay since it was only distributed by him and only in Poland.

Edited by kheffington

Here it is: http://czshare.com/2...i-xe-xl-dvd.rar

just click on "Stáhnout FREE", then write protection code and click on "Ověřit a stáhnout".

Sikor must have managed to get this removed. Bummer. I wonder what crazy rant was sent? Torrent still active?

edit: Now says it's there. Was, then was NOT, now IS again... LOL.

Edited by wood_jl

Link works but is a bit confusing to get to download.

Ah yes hosting sites like that can be confusing enough in english lol. Fortunately I've had enough experience on them I was downloading within a couple clicks and a CAPTCHA code entry. Downloading now, really not even sure I will use it, just getting it since Sikor was such an ass about the whole thing! :P

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

atari demos, games, software, pictures, mods, schematics, pc soft, utils, pc games (atari remakes), pdfs, scans, mp3, and lot of more..

my personal files from 3 dvds.

!no warez!

anyone getting trojan and virus reports from the above file

my avast & super antispyware report problems in certain files

im getting a trojan report

Memory items scanned : 0

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 0

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 38536

File threats detected : 4

Trojan.Agent/Gen-UsrMgr

ZIP ARCHIVE( E:\TORRENTS\ATARI-XE-XL-DVD\ATARI FILES\PROGRAMY\NEZARADENE.ZIP )/PATCHROM.EXE

E:\TORRENTS\ATARI-XE-XL-DVD\ATARI FILES\PROGRAMY\NEZARADENE.ZIP

ZIP ARCHIVE( E:\TORRENTS\ATARI-XE-XL-DVD\PC-SOFTWARE\_TRANSFER\HIPATCH-1.12.ZIP )/PATCHROM.EXE

E:\TORRENTS\ATARI-XE-XL-DVD\PC-SOFTWARE\_TRANSFER\HIPATCH-1.12.ZIP

highpatch1.12.zip is clean but does come up with one false positive when uploaded to virustotal.com. That happens sometimes based on the ability to patch other files. The other four are probably the same thing.

That is one positive out of 44 virus check programs per virustotal.com

Edited by kheffington

When I scan my rom collection (that's all my roms and disks for all the systems I emulate, not just the Atari) with Avira free I get loads of false positives, Avira is also very bitchy about certain packers, it lists them as a threat when its just a packed file and fine.

Edited by Mclaneinc

Sadly common sense isn't a guarnteed commodity, people make silly choices daily such as downloading MP3 files from sites with pop up crap, others search for files and roms on usenet and still download a file they know should be 50mb but appears to be a 2mb exe, and they run it...

The worst nonsense is silent loaders who slip in a toolbar with no asking...

I have seen and cleaned up for other people far to many junked up Windows Computers to agree that anti-virus software is an unneeded component on any Windows computer attached to the internet. Common sense sounds good but doesn't always work and as stated doesn't always exist. A lot of people using computers are just plain clueless and get into a mess quickly. Almost all Windows users run the machines with full administrator rights making it extremely easy to get them infested. That can be argued to be the fault of Microsoft but it is still the reality.

Mac or Linux users are in better shape because the operating systems are far harder to get into for malware and virus programs. As well user accounts without full administrator rights are usually used or at least require a password and approval to install something.

• Like 1

Mac or Linux users are in better shape because the operating systems are far harder to get into for malware and virus programs. As well user accounts without full administrator rights are usually used or at least require a password and approval to install something.

Wrong answer; unless you are talking XP or lower. it has been proven that both operating systems are LESS secure than Windows. Microsoft has raised the bar on security, especially since Vista. Of course, you can't stop idiots from running executables that install stuff. If there were some more users of Macs and Linux, people would actually start to bother making malware for those of the small percentage of the computer community.

Hey - when did this become a fanboy argument thread?

:D

Edited by Havok69

Wrong answer; unless you are talking XP or lower. it has been proven that both operating systems are LESS secure than Windows. Microsoft has raised the bar on security, especially since Vista. Of course, you can't stop idiots from running executables that install stuff. If there were some more users of Macs and Linux, people would actually start to bother making malware for those of the small percentage of the computer community.

Hey - when did this become a fanboy argument thread?

:D

It was not a fanboy argument and it has not become one. I have no problems with Windows and use it most of the time. I do have an argument with the premise that anti-virus software is un-needed though.

• Like 1

I'd say that AV is needed, but i'd choose carefully which one.

I use avast and it's free and quite light on the system. Aparrently NOD is even lighter, but isn't free. I'd rather have an actual, factual sexually transmitted disease and wear a sign around my neck saying this is the case than have Norton killing my system