IGNORED

ATARI small MEGA DVD.torrent

w1k

A friend swears by Nortons but he has loads of issues which I'm sure are Norton created.

I use Comodo as its free, once I set it up how I want it ie *I* choose what comes in and out of the machine it seems ok, ok AV and decent FW. Not a resource hog (so far)

Microsoft security essentials is free from and Microsoft and is pretty good too.

Norton's Antivirus is good but seems to eat a lot of resources and definitely hits a ton of false positives. Setting Norton to ignore the file when you know it is a false positive is very hard to --do as well. It just nukes the file usually.

Yeah.. If you are an idiot, you deserve to have your machine terded down.. You can either terd it down yourself by running antivirus software, or just let it get terded down by others' malware that you will inadvertantly allow to infest your machine. If you have enough experience and common sense to THINK about what is happening (or could potentially be happening) with every mouse-click, input, or network connection, you don't need any of that..

I run my windows machines with full admin rights, and I dont use any antivirus software, and I routinely disable all security (crippleware) features of the newer windows OSes, and I never get my systems infected..

The 70+ people(windows users) who work at my job, where I am administrator, do NOT have admin rights, all of their data is 100% redirected to network storage which is CONSTANTLY actively scanned by enterprise class anti-malware software.. IF any of their machines should get a "worm" (it hasnt happened yet) I can just wipe/re-image the local system/boot partition on their workstation and none of their user data is effected.. Point is.. The client machines do NOT run performance-robbing "anti-malware" TERD-WARE and we have zero malware-related downtime..

Common sense and experience may not be the UNIVERSAL protection against malware, but it goes an ENOURMOUSLY long way when employed correctly by those who have it..

• Like 1

Yeah.. If you are an idiot, you deserve to have your machine terded down.. You can either terd it down yourself by running antivirus software, or just let it get terded down by others' malware that you will inadvertantly allow to infest your machine. If you have enough experience and common sense to THINK about what is happening (or could potentially be happening) with every mouse-click, input, or network connection, you don't need any of that..

I run my windows machines with full admin rights, and I dont use any antivirus software, and I routinely disable all security (crippleware) features of the newer windows OSes, and I never get my systems infected..

The 70+ people(windows users) who work at my job, where I am administrator, do NOT have admin rights, all of their data is 100% redirected to network storage which is CONSTANTLY actively scanned by enterprise class anti-malware software.. IF any of their machines should get a "worm" (it hasnt happened yet) I can just wipe/re-image the local system/boot partition on their workstation and none of their user data is effected.. Point is.. The client machines do NOT run performance-robbing "anti-malware" TERD-WARE and we have zero malware-related downtime..

Common sense and experience may not be the UNIVERSAL protection against malware, but it goes an ENOURMOUSLY long way when employed correctly by those who have it..

AV is only one piece of the defense puzzle, and I also think you need it. Your users dont need admin rights to be infected with malware. Are you doing app whitelisting? If not, and you dont run any sec tools on your desktops, how do you KNOW you arent infected? Modern malware is very stealthy, or at least can be. Local privilege escalations do exist...

This is my day job. Here's what i think you need if you want to do a passable job of it security:

AV

HIPS

NIDS/NIPS

centralized logging/alerting

web proxy/filtering

email inspection/av

admin rights removed where possible

complete patching policy and procedures

app white listing where possible

and all the other basic best practices that are no longer adequate in and of themselves, like firewalls encryption, etc...

This is my day job. Here's what i think you need if you want to do a passable job of it security:

AV

HIPS

NIDS/NIPS

centralized logging/alerting

web proxy/filtering

email inspection/av

admin rights removed where possible

complete patching policy and procedures

app white listing where possible

and all the other basic best practices that are no longer adequate in and of themselves, like firewalls encryption, etc...

Pffft...

This is all you need to deploy at work and be completely safe:

Atari 400

Atari 800

Atari 600XL

Atari 800XL

Atari 1200XL

Atari 130XE

Let's see those worms and viruses attack power without the price machines!

• Like 1

• 10 years later...
22 hours ago, macsonny said:

Is there anywhere to download this collection?

I have this torrent and seeding it. Try to find it, but unfortunately it not online every day / full day. It can be online some days/nights during week. Start downloading and I hope that you catch it. Please use DHT.

Try use attached magnet link.

As well you can PM me and we try to find a solution.

PS. This torrent originally was private. DHT. PeX was disabled for it. If somebody know how to change that it can be downloadable write me pls.

image.thumb.png.4f19dde84aea5210a98a1ca1a85b66ac.png[CzT]8bit_Atari_XE_XL - new magnet link.rar

Edited by MVladimir
magnet link added

24 minutes ago, MVladimir said:

I have this torrent and seeding it. Try to find it, but unfortunately it not online every day / full day. It can be online some days/nights during week. Start downloading and I hope that you catch it.

Try use attached magnet link.

As well you can PM me and we try to find a solution.

image.thumb.png.4f19dde84aea5210a98a1ca1a85b66ac.png [CzT]8bit_Atari_XE_XL - new magnet link.rar 304 B · 0 downloads

That opened but I don't think enough seeds. Perhaps a file hosting site if you upload the image to one? 🤷🏼‍♂️

1413497834_Screenshot2023-01-22162109.thumb.png.3963c8711781df2a6f9ecb59668f0731.png

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for the link, just had a look at some of the files, found it a little odd that there seemed to be no cartridges in the games section. I did expect loads of tape images as Eastern Europe was the home of the turbo loader. Carts not so popular?

Since links to a copy of the content have leaked to the public, the exchange of this content is closed. I didn't give a permission to post links for public access . I'm not sure if the autor of initial torrent satisfied that I make a copy of content and redistributing it for everyone. Anyone who ask me this content, write me a message and you get a link to download. 

• Confused 1