IGNORED

Another boxed Spiker for sale

Rev

Lol. I bet the guy selling the other Spiker feels like shit watching this one soar over his in price. Condition matters a lot lol. I just recently picked up a loose one which I was more than happy with for the time being lol. Too bad it isn't in my finances to bid on this one at the moment.

I keep seeing these auctions. Is it that the game is so rare, or is it really that good?

I buy my toys to play with them, so I can't really relate to paying $1K for a crappy game just because it's the only one in existence.

Edited by DZ-Jay

I've played the game in emulation (on the Intelivsion Lives collection) and it's actually a very good volleyball game. I think later games beat it (such as Kings of the Beach for the NES and DOA: Xtreme Beach Volleyball for XBox and 360) but for it's day and age it was awsome, and still seems to be fun today with another human. You can tell a lot of care and work went into this one, and the physics are amazing, as well as the nice touches. I'd say this is a game worth playing.

I personally don't think they're as rare as the general collecting population thinks them to be. I'm not saying that in a vain attempt to drive prices down either. I already have my copy. I just really think the rarity is overblown. I'd put it 4-5 down the INTV rarity list myself.

Spiker has generally been the 'R10' in the Intellivision original 125 officially released games. Should it me bumped down a notch or two since there is a few that have surfaced now and late last year? Before that I think there was about a 2 year spell with no Spiker coming up for sale. Then one of the first real auctions last year it sold for 1,150 and 1,800 respectively. There were a couple others but they were buyitnow or side deals.

Lets see what these two sell for first i say. You may be right though, who knows.

I personally don't think they're as rare as the general collecting population thinks them to be. I'm not saying that in a vain attempt to drive prices down either. I already have my copy. I just really think the rarity is overblown. I'd put it 4-5 down the INTV rarity list myself.

Spiker has generally been the 'R10' in the Intellivision original 125 officially released games. Should it me bumped down a notch or two since there is a few that have surfaced now and late last year? Before that I think there was about a 2 year spell with no Spiker coming up for sale. Then one of the first real auctions last year it sold for 1,150 and 1,800 respectively. There were a couple others but they were buyitnow or side deals.

Lets see what these two sell for first i say. You may be right though, who knows.

These may (and probably will) sell for very large $$$$. I'm not disputing that in the least. Those $$$$ are driven by perception. The perception is that this is THE game to have for INTV and that drives prices as someone recently mentioned to a "status symbol" if you will. My personal perception (maybe right maybe wrong) is that it is not the top INTV game for rarity. I actually think the much less sexy Learning Fun games are more rare. Just one man's opinion based on 23 years of collecting for the Intellivision.