IGNORED

Endless flow of games from Venezuela?

Rev

See, here is something I might have bid on, but it's in Venezuela:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1409273072401?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140927307240&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I'd be terrified that customs would open it and destroy the box. It'll probably go for several hundred dollars.

The seller only has 98.2% feedback.. Most of the negatives from the last 12 months are from items not received:

http://feedback.ebay...ms=negative_365

..Al

The main problem with the negative feedback is, it usually takes longer than they are willing to wait. Most people receive their stuff after the 45 day limit to leave feedback. It took me almost 3 months once to get my games. So there is a good chance they got their stuff after they left the feedback and couldn't retract it. But i could be wrong.

I've ordered several shipments from Venezuela, but none since late last summer. My most recent one took from September of last year to late February of this year to arrive, but it isn't the seller's fault; the mail service was suspended for several months and it couldn't be helped. All of my items have arrived in pristine condition, so I guess I got lucky, or perhaps "they" (either in Venezuela, or in the US, or both) have only recently begun inspecting these packages more aggressively.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but: WHY are there so many NIB Atari computers and videogames in Venezuela? Rather large time capsule? Forgotten warehouse? In 25-year limbo as part of a drug bust?

Simple curiousity, that's all.

Edited by wood_jl
  • Like 1

Sorry if this has been asked before, but: WHY are there so many NIB Atari computers and videogames in Venezuela? Rather large time capsule? Forgotten warehouse? In 25-year limbo as part of a drug bust?

Lots of overseas have new games sealed. Intellivision was not popular in certain markets and lots of new old stock. i got a lot of intv sealed games from japan, where intv was not popular at all.

That was answered once before but can't remember what section of the site. I'm sure if you searched Venezuela on AA you'd find it.

• 8 months later...

I just received a parcel of sealed Intellivision games from Venezuelan seller liwer2006. I was worried about customs because of what I'd read in this thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/209423-us-dept-homeland-security-destroys-shrink-wrapped-games/

However, everything went smoothly in my case. I've ordered from Venezuela only once before, and back then EMS shipping took about a month. I used Fed Ex this time and was really amazed by the speed. Auctions ended on Saturday, parcel shipped on Tuesday, and I received them this morning (Thursday). I received my items in a more timely fashion that I do with most US sellers. Shipping cost is reasonable given the speed.

I had a package from him this summer that shipped fast but was torn asunder by customs.

For a fee he replaced them with other new ones, though the replacements weren't as nice as the originals-

I'd buy from him again, especially since some of his games are already in Miami/ship from there-

• 1 year later...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1818552662191?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=181855266219&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

There has been some decent deals from Venezuela recently. Has anyone bought from this seller? (his feedback looks decent)

How has the shipping time been?

Is customs still shredding stuff to pieces?

(not that I need 6 Astrosmash games. haha)

Edited by revolutionika

Thanks to you Rev I had to order 2 six pack boxes. ;)

The german customs should be no problem. At least for the shredding thing...

Cool. I almost bought some. But I still have various sealed spare intv games from years ago I need to sell! These he has now was a good price.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1818552662191?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=181855266219&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

There has been some decent deals from Venezuela recently. Has anyone bought from this seller? (his feedback looks decent)

How has the shipping time been?

Is customs still shredding stuff to pieces?

(not that I need 6 Astrosmash games. haha)

Hey Rev, I have purchased from him.... quick shipping -fed x 2 days to Canada. As described new/ext. but Canada custom went throw box and game box--- was damaged a bit..

low shipping rates as well.. right to the front door..