IGNORED

Complex POKEY thread

emkay

I've was downloading and listening to all kinds of music demos last night, and one thing I noticed is all the "good" (meaning newer, taking advantage of advanced Pokey techniques, not just the beeps and boops of old) music, 8-bit, 16-bit and digi, are all modern genres. I'd love to hear some classical symphonic tunes. Can anyone direct me to some classic music? Something better than 'Music Studio' composition quality? Specifically 8/16-bit stereo stuff.

If there isn't much or any classical symophonic stuff out there, how about emkay or someone converting some to Pokey? I'm sure there's plenty of public domain classical stuff out there...

Edited by Gunstar

Sorry, but the only thing you do is to spam the forum with your 'experiments'. Why not open a single thread 'emkay goes POKEY' and put all your stuff in that thread. I am pretty sure no-one never ever will complain.

Hey R4ngerM4n / Chrodegang, or whoever you really are. The only thing you do is giving 'wise comments' to anything emkay does. It doesn't matter what. You never have any comments about his coolest & best sounding experiments.

Maybe we should tell the admin or one of the mods that we suspect you're someone with a double account, or a new account of the banned one named 'Chrodegang'. (Chrodegang was the one in the past, a few years ago, also aiming at emkay with his comments.)

By the way: you suggest that people are complaining about emkay starting different topics, instead of one. However, we cannot find anyone really complaining about this anywhere on the AA forum. Just back off with your nonsense.

I've was downloading and listening to all kinds of music demos last night, and one thing I noticed is all the "good" (meaning newer, taking advantage of advanced Pokey techniques, not just the beeps and boops of old) music, 8-bit, 16-bit and digi, are all modern genres. I'd love to hear some classical symphonic tunes. Can anyone direct me to some classic music? Something better than 'Music Studio' composition quality? Specifically 8/16-bit stereo stuff.

If there isn't much or any classical symophonic stuff out there, how about emkay or someone converting some to Pokey? I'm sure there's plenty of public domain classical stuff out there...

I agree, classical music has been pretty much left behind in the Atari music scene. Here's a game that uses classical: Chopin, cool game too.

I enjoy Emkay's music and have alwayse found it a valuable contribution to the forums. If you dont like it, dont read his threads. There are quite a few of us who do like it.

Same here - I see no harm. Some of them sound really bad to me, others sound awesome. At least he's showing what is possible. And he doesn't post with Jose like frequency :grin: (sorry Jose - you didn't deserve to get hit with shrapnel).

I assume R4ngerM4n really is the new alias of the banned user "Chrodegang", from 2004.10.24 to around 2008.12.13. (Around this date he was banned.)

See here: http://www.atariage....931-chrodegang/

This guy had a new alias username "Ready _", from 2009.01.29 to around 2009.02.16. (Around this date he was banned too!)

See here: http://www.atariage....er/22495-ready/

One example of posts, aimed at emkay, made by this user was the following post:

Bingo! So you noted it was actually a parody of your posts? Read, think and then write.

To be found here: http://www.atariage....ost__p__1683365

I'm afraid R4ngerM4n could be the 2nd new alias username of "Chrodegang". He started at 2009.06.10, which was a few months after the ending date of "Ready _", and the style of the quote above reminds me of the parody thread started by R4ngerM4n. (Apparently he thinks it is worth it to spend time to do this.)

Here I mean the following topic: http://www.atariage....90#entry2417690

Here the word 'comparism' is used in the topic title, just like the (maybe mistaken) title 'comparision' emkay used a few days earlier.

I'd say, R4ngerM4n doesn't really seem to visit this forum for atari-related things. More about personally aimed negative comments to emkay. Just like Chrodegang and Ready _ did.

Who cares ? Let the topic stay on target..

Personally I'd also like to hear some classical stuff, see what Pokey can do without getting it all bent out of shape and sounding like an acid casualty from the days of musique concrete..

(null)

I'm sure the admins have it under control without people pointing and making accusations..

Now.. Where's my Prokofiev ala Pokey ;)

(null)

Amen. I need some Prokofiev too, and Tchaikowsky, Beethoven, Brahms, Chopin, etc., etc. How about soundtracks from Doctor Zhivago, Lawrence of Arabia and Ben Hur too?

Edited by Gunstar

Sorry, but the only thing you do is to spam the forum with your 'experiments'. Why not open a single thread 'emkay goes POKEY' and put all your stuff in that thread. I am pretty sure no-one never ever will complain.

Guess.

One cause for creating new threads is that some people destroy the floating of a thread with unuseful comments.

• Like 1

Who cares ? ...

At least I do, and possibly also the admin, or one of the mods.

But, indeed, sorry for interrupting the topic itself. Now I'll stay out with these comments.

If I'm right, the guy behind the "Chrodegang" is "André" (I only read it through the ABBUC forums back then) . That guy seems to be an A8 fan, but he also dodged wrong in the ABBUC years ago. Not sure what's his problem(s).

• Like 1

I'm sure the admins have it under control without people pointing and making accusations..

(null)

Amen. I need some Prokofiev too, and Tchaikowsky, Beethoven, Brahms, Chopin, etc., etc. How about soundtracks from Doctor Zhivago, Lawrence of Arabia and Ben Hur too?

I'm for Beethoven .

And, soundtracks, well, let's have a working tracker 1st ;)

(null)

I'm for Beethoven .

And, soundtracks, well, let's have a working tracker 1st ;)

Sorry, I thought there were "working" trackers...what about Neotracker...Protracker,,,etc.?

Just listened to the Toccata tune, definately classical, very good example of the Pokey mimicking an orgin, but not symphonic.

That's why we'd need a "working Tracker" for this.

Symphonic means broad deep sounds and clean melody with nice "pingeling" around

Having a closer look at the 1.79MHz filter, now, as you might know, it has the feature to work as a "wave-stretcher" a frequency doubler and everything in between. You also can use it for digitizing and put analog steps between the quantization steps....

Almost 3.6MHz of sound programming with 2 8 bit channels and 4 bit volume sounds not that bad, imho

OK. A last one for this thread... let's talk further after the nonplusultra Tracker has arrived ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGmVzdVaFGk

Here a later version... found at the outer edge of the Harddrive ;)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWonM9CC_OE

Which version sounds better? And why does anyone think it sounds better or worse...

Emkay, you keep mentioning this "nonplusultra tracker," but what are you using now? What about trackers that are already around like Protracker and Neotracker? It's like to you no trackers already exist. I've heard tons of great music in games and demos that were made with these trackers and others. A new tracker, if better, is great, but why not use what there is now, for now?

Emkay, you keep mentioning this "nonplusultra tracker," but what are you using now? What about trackers that are already around like Protracker and Neotracker? It's like to you no trackers already exist. I've heard tons of great music in games and demos that were made with these trackers and others. A new tracker, if better, is great, but why not use what there is now, for now?

I wonder, if you really got what this all is about. Have you ever heared such advanced sounds (giving POKEY more sound depth.) from other "trackers" ? Ofcourse it can be done there aswell, but the final step is missing.

Let's have a t least a view on this tune

Here the original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wDS8q9V48E

This is the tune how it is intended:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo4z7mDrbhk

And here the POKEY tune with real 2 operator modulated sounds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZeSGE3X_oQ

You may check miker's original verseion, which is the title of "ISORA" . You find it on fandal's site.