IGNORED

Iron Soldier 2 Cartridge LE

olavese@online.no

Nobody is denying the silver label or what you have exists, I've seen the silver label, and I'll take your word and others who mentioned the "kinko's" version. Now, as to there being IS2LE cartridge with black and read labels, it's entirely possible that it doesn't exist SPECIFICALLY for IS2LE cart. The FIRST 4 cartridge releases from Telegames (which DID NOT include IS2 on cart, it was available only on CD at the time) where black label with red lettering as were the CD's. Cartridges that I KNOW exist with black&red are Zero 5, Towers II, Breakout 2000 and Worms. IS2 LE cartridge came out later and possibly never had the black and red labels. The whole point is, that regardless if IS2 LE has Silver&black, Black&red or a "kinko's" print, it is LEGIT.

Personally I'd rather have a full color label, home-brew looking or not, over the plain-jane black&red and undersized silver labels. But to see what the black and red labels look like, just check out one of the titles I mentioned above here at Atari Age, they have pictures. Just look at the labels and imagine one says Iron Soldier 2, whether it exists or not, it WOULD have looked like those, and I'd still prefer a full-color "kinko's" label myself. Bottom line Shut up and stop complaining. And you want to trade your CIB IS2 for a loose silver label cart?!? Then you should change your handle to SuperIdiot.

What the hell is this guys problem? Why is he lashing out at me? What the hell did I do to you? (Hell, I don't even know who you are!)

The comments I made in my previous post were clearly directed towards the item I purchased; not towards you.

I spent a lot of money on that game, and I have every right to express my opinion on it once I received it.

I don't need you to link pictures for me of the Telegames Jaguar cartridges. I know perfectly well what they look like, I own them all.

This Iron Soldier 2 cart was the last one I needed to complete my collection and so how did you expect me to react when I received

an item that looked completely different then all of the other later releases for the Jaguar from Telegames?

I was miffed, more like PISSED, when I got this game. Say whatever you want, I say it looks like SHIT.

My grandmother could make a better quality label then that on Microsoft paint.

Again, say whatever you want, you TOO are ALSO entitled to YOUR opinion, same as ME. And I say it SUCKS.

post-17556-0-12978600-1358459177_thumb.jpg

post-17556-0-01870200-1358459199_thumb.jpg

Oh and btw, I am not stupid for wanting to trade my CIB for a loose cart. I only collect loose carts for 99% of my collections.

I use whatever boxes, manuals, and extras I pick up along the way as trade items to get more carts. Is that a crime?

Not sure where this hostility came from, but do yourself a favor and listen to People are People by Depeche Mode.

I want to apologize to you about the "superidiot" comment, I wasn't in the best mood last night. It was childish. That's the only "lashing out" I did, the rest was all just stating the facts to you.

The reason why I lashed out about that last bit of wanting to trade is becuase I felt it would be an ignorant move on your part, chances are, your version will end up being the rarest and therefore worth the most in the future, not due to quality, but due to quantity.

IS2 had two CD versions too, due to problems in the glass mastering process early on, the first "batch" of IS2 CD's were done on CDR with a yellow paper, printed label that was printed out by a deskjet circa '95 or earlier, and really does look bad. But between that one and the black/red/silver IS2 CD, guess which is most coveted? Just take a stab in the dark. Bellieve me, the yellow label IS2 CD looks a lot worse than that cartridge label, a lot worse.

that IS2 label looks the best of any Telegames label I've seen to date, even if it looks a bit worse in person, JMHO.

but really...you prefer the black and red labels? I think they are the ones that look like shit, regardless of print quality. But to each their own. Again, sorry for the attitude yesterday, and I know Depeche Mode quite well, i have that CD. But I'm not trying to punch you. But there was no reason for my name calling.

Edited by Gunstar

I want to apologize to you about the "superidiot" comment, I wasn't in the best mood last night.

Cool Beans. And I also apologize for getting a little defensive.

And I will add that I am very impressed with your extensive knowledge regarding these Telegames Jaguar releases.

Clearly, you know more then I do. I think I was just not clear enough with what were my expectations for this cartridge.

Yes, I agree that the Telegames plain black labels with red letters are plain and boring compared to the normal Atari labels,

HOWEVER, when compared to the silver labels, I much prefer them. The silver labels are even more plain, a different quality of sticker,

and they are sized incorrectly for the carts. At least the black ones look more correct and fit better on the carts.

For a couple of years now, I had Iron Soldier 2 on my "wanted" list. But I kept searching and looking and waiting (apparently in vain)

for a "normal" (black label with red letters) version to show up on ebay, It never did. I almost began to think that it did not exist. Until

I found a thread, right here on atariage, were a member made mention of it. (I will post the link if I can find it). So that alone made me

think that MAYBE it was indeed out there.

Fast forward to this past ebay auction, and the sellers picture was of only the box. No picture in the listing of the cartridge inside. I sent

a message to the seller asking if he could "look inside and tell me if the cart sticker is black or silver". Well guess what, he looked inside,

and told me "it is black, not silver". And so I bought it immediately.

So you see what happened. When it arrived, much to my dismay, sure, it was not the silver version that I was not interested in. But it was

not the black version either. Who is to blame? The seller? Myself? Not sure on that. So in the end, I figured "oh well, I'm stuck with this crap".

And I was willing to live with that consequence. But ONLY if it was "an innocent mistake". If it was a fake homemade copy that the guy made

himself and sold to me knowing it was a bootleg, then I wanted blood...err...a refund...lol

So that's it. That is what happened. Sorry for all the confusion.

And if a "normal" version of this cart is ever found, (black label with red text), please, post a pic here in this thread!

Cool Beans. And I also apologize for getting a little defensive.

And I will add that I am very impressed with your extensive knowledge regarding these Telegames Jaguar releases.

Clearly, you know more then I do. I think I was just not clear enough with what were my expectations for this cartridge.

Yes, I agree that the Telegames plain black labels with red letters are plain and boring compared to the normal Atari labels,

HOWEVER, when compared to the silver labels, I much prefer them. The silver labels are even more plain, a different quality of sticker,

and they are sized incorrectly for the carts. At least the black ones look more correct and fit better on the carts.

For a couple of years now, I had Iron Soldier 2 on my "wanted" list. But I kept searching and looking and waiting (apparently in vain)

for a "normal" (black label with red letters) version to show up on ebay, It never did. I almost began to think that it did not exist. Until

I found a thread, right here on atariage, were a member made mention of it. (I will post the link if I can find it). So that alone made me

think that MAYBE it was indeed out there.

Fast forward to this past ebay auction, and the sellers picture was of only the box. No picture in the listing of the cartridge inside. I sent

a message to the seller asking if he could "look inside and tell me if the cart sticker is black or silver". Well guess what, he looked inside,

and told me "it is black, not silver". And so I bought it immediately.

So you see what happened. When it arrived, much to my dismay, sure, it was not the silver version that I was not interested in. But it was

not the black version either. Who is to blame? The seller? Myself? Not sure on that. So in the end, I figured "oh well, I'm stuck with this crap".

And I was willing to live with that consequence. But ONLY if it was "an innocent mistake". If it was a fake homemade copy that the guy made

himself and sold to me knowing it was a bootleg, then I wanted blood...err...a refund...lol

So that's it. That is what happened. Sorry for all the confusion.

And if a "normal" version of this cart is ever found, (black label with red text), please, post a pic here in this thread!

Which label do you think I got based on this listing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290841769509?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Because i've seen some Cart copies that don't say Limited Edition on them on the bottom of the box. I would really rather have the cart you showed with a full sized label. Maybe if I get a silver sticker one I'd be willing to trade my cart with you cause honestly I like yours a lot more than the plain labels.

Great, now I feel even worse!

I'm 99% positive your getting the same thing I got because it is from the same seller. This is madness. This guy must be sitting on dozens of these.

He also has Towers 2 carts and more.

So either he buys them from Songbird at $109 a piece and then flips them for $179 a piece, or he is fabricating them himself and making even more.

Unless you honestly believe that by coincidence, this guy is also a legit re-seller of Telegames products?

Either way, something here is EXTREMELY fishy, and if you guys here think that Atari Jaguar games "cannot" or "would never" be counterfeited,

because there is no profit margin, then you are naive as hell and need to wake up!

Someone here please investigate this further.

Also we need to know exactly what you get for $109 from Songbird?

I mean, if the item and packaging is the same, then this guy is reselling for profit. And if the item and packaging is different, then he is selling fakes.

Either way, this guy is taking advantage of our community. Period!

Great, now I feel even worse!

I'm 99% positive your getting the same thing I got because it is from the same seller. This is madness. This guy must be sitting on dozens of these.

So either he buys them from Songbird at $109 a piece and then flips them for $179 a piece, or he is fabricating them himself and making even more.

Unless you honestly believe that by coincidence, this guy is also a legit re-seller of Telegames products?

Either way, something here is EXTREMELY fishy, and if you guys here think that Atari Jaguar games "cannot" or "would never" be counterfeited,

because there is no profit margin, then you are naive as hell and need to wake up!

Someone here please investigate this further.

Also we need to know exactly what you get for $109 from Songbird?

I mean, if the item and packaging is the same, then this guy is reselling for profit. And if the item and packaging is different, then he is selling fakes.

Either way, this guy is taking advantage of our community. Period!

Yep it makes me mad as well that he's scalping it. But we were dumb enough to fall for it so we cant really fault him. That's capitalism. I may give him a neutral rating though.

You guys got to be kidding me. There are NO Fake Atari Jaguar carts out there! Not to be mean but you guys are complaining about a label? What you have is a RARE Game that was released over 15 years ago! Of course there's going to be revisions in packaging etc. I'll tell you right not as a Atari Jaguar owner and collector since DAY 1 that the copies you have are 100% legit for Telegames UK. So don't tarnish someone's FB on ebay cause of your ignorance. IS2 (CART) Is available in 2 known versions. (SIlver Label and the darklish black/Navy Blue label - more recent release) That's it. There's NO BLACK LABEL w/Red letters for IS2. How I know? I was one of the first to order IS2 cart back in 1997 when it became available. It was shipped from Telegames TX before they went Out of Business. (I think their office was destroyed or something)

Anyways, the more current version you've purchased (either from Telegames, Songbird or Goat Store) is 100% legit so don't worry. The game is exactly the same as the SIlver label one. Yes, the packaging/box might not be as high quality as the original release but be thankful they Telegames UK still sells them. IN fact, a friend of mines just received his copy of IS2 and Towers 2 from Telegames UK and the one's he received are with the newer Labels. He actually LIKES them better! Since the labels are full color and covers the entire cart.

He also paid like around $160 Each cart and took over 6 months to ship. (Pre-order on the site now) so you guys should just enjoy and play IS2 instead of ranting about the label :)

As to the cost of what you paid, that's about right and you guys received them in a WEEK! Not half a year or longer. With all the fees etc that EBAY charges he/she didn't make squat! Again, these are REAL OK, not bootlegs or whatever. Sorry but this is my opinion about the label as this should be all about the game! And you guys have a quality and RARE title. Long live the Jaguar!

Edited by JagLynx4Life

This is madness. This guy must be sitting on dozens of these.

Don't get carried away. The guy probably buys in bulk from whoever makes them or from any of the shops that stock them, and then sells them at a premium when demand outstrips supply. He might well be sitting on dozens of them, but only he and the person who sold them to him knows that :-)

If he was buying from Songbird and selling for $70 more, after shipping from Songbird, eBay listing, final value and PayPal fees, what's he got left, $35 profit? Any amount over the RRP of the item is just pure ignorance or impatience on the buyer's part for not knowing better or waiting for Songbird etc. to restock.

Yep it makes me mad as well that he's scalping it. But we were dumb enough to fall for it so we cant really fault him. That's capitalism.

Exactly right, but if buyers know what the game should sell for they've not fallen for anything, they've given in to their impatience.

I may give him a neutral rating though.
The item you bought was exactly as described, arrived on time and is in no way defective and you want to leave neutral feedback? That seems a bit mean.

OK, well I see and understand all the points of view here.

I have no intention to leave a negative feedback.

I bought it at the agreed upon price. It was shipped to me. It was as described. And from what I gathered here, it is considered real.

Case closed.

But out of curiosity, let's all see what the SongBird version looks like once the pics are posted here.

The more pics & info that we (the community) document, the better off we all are.

(oh and by the way, the game itself does kick ass! I love blowing things up in this game! Amazing polys too!)

Edited by Supergun

Agreed. The Seller did nothing wrong and appears to have like 100% perfect FB. He did everything right! And the price is actually pretty reasonable considering how rare IS2 is. Towers 2 is even more rare and some other seller flipped them for over $225 to $244. Supply and demand! Is it right for other sellers to sell Battlesphere Gold for $1500? Hello NO! but it's the sellers right and the buyer's right to buy it IF they're willing to pay for it.

Edited by JagLynx4Life
  • Like 3

Don't get carried away. The guy probably buys in bulk from whoever makes them or from any of the shops that stock them, and then sells them at a premium when demand outstrips supply. He might well be sitting on dozens of them, but only he and the person who sold them to him knows that :-)

If he was buying from Songbird and selling for $70 more, after shipping from Songbird, eBay listing, final value and PayPal fees, what's he got left, $35 profit? Any amount over the RRP of the item is just pure ignorance or impatience on the buyer's part for not knowing better or waiting for Songbird etc. to restock.

Exactly right, but if buyers know what the game should sell for they've not fallen for anything, they've given in to their impatience.

The item you bought was exactly as described, arrived on time and is in no way defective and you want to leave neutral feedback? That seems a bit mean.[/size]

A negative would be mean. A neutral is kinda fair since he knowingly overcharged.

LOL that guy is taking advantage of us? This is capitalism dude. Or should we raise taxes on him also? :|

And you leave a nuetral even though you got what you wanted? Gimme a break, its not like there are factories churning out Jag carts by the thousands. He charges what you're willing to pay. I'm so sick of cheapskate jag owners whining about the price of carts. Maybe if the system had received the support it needed we wouldn't be in this mess. But hey, he twisted your arm to buy that cart. Again, gimme a break.

Edited by MAYAman

The only way to get Jag prices to be more reasonable is if all those who buy Jag games refuse to pay the high price. The prices WILL come down if they don't sell. Of course this is completely impractical to expect. Maybe if a sticky thread is left for new owners educating them on what things are worth and of dealer sites that sell for a lot less, etc, over time we may have an effect. But I doubt it.

The simple fact is, that even the most popular games on the Jag, that sold the most copies and therefore were made in the largest quantities, are comparatively rare to other systems. When The Jag's top selling game was maybe 100,000 copies when it was a viable system, compared to millions sold on hit systems, you just can't expect that 17 years after the bargain-bin stage you will find Jaguar cartridges for dirt cheap. If you want cheap games, try the 2600, NES, Genesis, Playstation, Xbox and any others were games were produced in the millions. EVERYTHING Jaguar is rare by definition. We are just lucky that the Jaguar isn't a more popular vintage system, for Jag fan's the long-term effect of Jaguar trashing is good for us, if the demand was higher, the prices would be too!

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 3

Telegames has ALWAYS had a generic feel to them. I really think Telegames thought of themselves as a low-cost generic publisher and their philosophy was probably always "it's what's on the inside that counts" mentality. The boxes/cases where usually good, but carts and manuals generic.

I didn't want to go that far by calling someone a cheapskate but the prices you've paid for such a rare cart is actually reasonable. Plus you guys did not have to wait 6 + months for it to ship and who knows when they're ever even pop up for sale again. The seller didn't really profit from you other than cover their Ebay/Paypal cost. These games sell for around $160+ at Telegames with shipping and GBP to USD + shipping/tax. All this talk made me pull out IS2 and Towers 2 last night and I ended up playing them both till 1:30am lol. For years I've only seen IS2 cart show up on auction maybe once or twice. So be happy with what you have and stop bickering about it the the forums. Just open the game, hear your jaguar roar and enjoy! :thumbsup:

I can confirm there are two or three authentic variations of the Telegames release packaging for each of their games, which can mean different labels, different boxes, and different manuals. Sorry, I don't have pictures of everything, but the newest IS2 boxes do say limited edition on them which is the first time I've seen that.

By the way I am expecting a small shipment of Telegames releases by mid-February including Towers, Worms, and IS2 cart.

Edited by Songbird

LOL that guy is taking advantage of us? This is capitalism dude. Or should we raise taxes on him also? :|

And you leave a nuetral even though you got what you wanted? Gimme a break, its not like there are factories churning out Jag carts by the thousands. He charges what you're willing to pay. I'm so sick of cheapskate jag owners whining about the price of carts. Maybe if the system had received the support it needed we wouldn't be in this mess. But hey, he twisted your arm to buy that cart. Again, gimme a break.

Yea but comparing songbird's price to what I paid on ebay, that's a $70 difference. How is the average person supposed to know that there's some random guy on a forum called Atariage selling these for $70 cheaper? The ebay seller took advantage of us, plain and simple.

Caveat emptor?

I would expect anyone dropping $170 bones on a nearly 20 year old game system to have done a little research first, and unless I was completely new to eBay I wouldn't assume that it was my best bet price-wise for vintage games.

Caveat emptor?

I would expect anyone dropping $170 bones on a nearly 20 year old game system to have done a little research first, and unless I was completely new to eBay I wouldn't assume that it was my best bet price-wise for vintage games.

I was watching ebay for 2 years waiting for this cart. It never showed up, except one time and it went for over $200. How was I supposed to know a company was still making games for a dead system? No one except the die hard jaguar fans here would know that.

Edited by decayedmatter

I was watching ebay for 2 years waiting for this cart. It never showed up, except one time and it went for over $200. How was I supposed to know a company was still making games for a dead system? No one except the die hard jaguar fans here would know that.

Honestly, if someone is paying $170 for a Jag cart, I would assume they were either a diehard Jag fan or certifiably insane.

If you were looking for this game for two years without stumbling upon this site, Songbird, or the Goatstore that's honestly on you, not this seller. More to the point, seeing as how the two aforementioned stores are out of stock, as someone who was able to provide the game immediately I's say the guy's premium is justified. That aside, I've never blamed anyone for their asking prices, no matter how ridiculous. It's up to me as a consumer to either pay it or not.

Honestly, if someone is paying $170 for a Jag cart, I would assume they were either a diehard Jag fan or certifiably insane.

If you were looking for this game for two years without stumbling upon this site, Songbird, or the Goatstore that's honestly on you, not this seller. More to the point, seeing as how the two aforementioned stores are out of stock, as someone who was able to provide the game immediately I's say the guy's premium is justified. That aside, I've never blamed anyone for their asking prices, no matter how ridiculous. It's up to me as a consumer to either pay it or not.

Well I'll agree to disagree with you there. No normal person would know about some random guy selling Jaguar games still. And I did do research that never lead me to this site.