IGNORED

Iron Soldier 2 Cartridge LE

olavese@online.no

I think I've learned a lot today.

1. Telegames might have just decided to produce 1 copy of my version.

2. This blue mark phenomenon is unexpected and hard to understand. "What blue mark?"

Oh and..

3. A pirate has to press and print hundreds of copies of that particular game before selling one copy of it.

4. You gotta imagine that Telegames did it, rather than imagining it is a pirate copy.

Right.

1. They wouldn't do that.

2. A different mark on the box qualifies it as a different version.

3. The pirate can produce other games, and then that particular game, but we know that someone wouldn't just buy a glass mastering machine for one game.

4. It's not beyond the imagination that it is a copy.

In other words:

If we aint seen it, it dont matter.

Nah, they aint gonna do that.

You guys gotta use your imagination and say "case closed."

BUT

What you both have helped me with is this:

1. Determining what is the normal price.

2. Ascertaining that Telegames are not masters of quality.

So let's take a look at the last post I made:

I would be inclined to believe you -------- but that doesn't rule it out.

If There are no known cases of 'A', then what happens if we find 'A' - Do we check to see if others have it, or do we just say "case closed?"

Look, I don't know what this "blue mark" your talking about is, but Telegames has changed packaging and box art over the years. So on one batch

I think 70 dollars is an anomaly. Could this be?

$70 for IS2 CD is NORMAL, if it's used. It sells new for $80-90. It's the cartridge that is limited edition and why retail prices hover around $110 and scalper prices $175-200. If you've seen IS2 CD for much more than $75-80 used, it's a scalper selling it.

I am not BOTHERED (OR worried), but I am curious.

you can put the game back on the shelf and stop worrying

On the whole, I trust your judgement though, but let's speculate and investigate. Do other people have a box like mine, did Telegames produce boxes like that at some point?

The picture shown on the ebay listing was unusual as it was a Jaguar Cd game with the box design of the cartridge version,

Telegames stuff gets put together on demand, as and when. It's not entirely beyond the imagination to think that they might have run out of boxes and made more, possibly using the boxes they had as a source for a new version and incurring colour reproduction anomalies or that they sent out the game in a box intended for the cart version instead of the CD version

Okay, so have you had enough of ridiculing me now? lol

Nothing wrong with my logic, so don't make out there is! :P

/Poor me

3. The pirate can produce other games, and then that particular game, but we know that someone wouldn't just buy a glass mastering machine for one game.

You don't buy glass mastering machines. Large multinationals like Sony have their own replication plants, it's not something you can do at home :-)

• Like 2

I agree with you. It's not likely for an individual to have one. Pirates are pirates though, if they need something then they will get hold of it if they can.

It's like saying: well the jaguar cd development kits were only for developers who were signed up by Atari.

Well, mostly yes, but the public does get hold of them.

Just like pirates can get hold of expensive laser printers, or heavy duty office printers, etc.

Yeah, you can't buy a big bulky machine off ebay or a junk market, but with enough cash already you can search around for these things.

I imagine that a lot of pirates have relationships with illegal manufacturing plants.

You can't just do it at home? What if you have a spare room or a garage? If I was a pirate and I could get hold of such a piece of kit, I would see it as a good investment in the long run.

I initially assumed that glass mastering machines are the size of large wardrobes - things like that, but when I searched, I found that the machines are about twice the size, but would still fit in the home.

I initially assumed that glass mastering machines are the size of large wardrobes - things like that, but when I searched, I found that the machines are about twice the size, but would still fit in the home.

I don't know what it is you've seen but it's more likely to be a CD/DVD duplication machine (ie large scale CD-R production, that's just like burning discs on your home computer but on a larger scale).

Real CDs are made by producing a glass master, from which metal stampers are made that physically create the CD - that's why they are often called pressed CDs, because they are pressed from these stamping moulds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6ek2bKW22A

I imagine that a lot of pirates have relationships with illegal manufacturing plants.

I reckon you have no trouble imagining all kinds of stuff... :lolblue:

• Like 3

Thanks for the video, it led me to actually question my ideas. I've researched it and found that not only are there huge machines involved, but it has to be done in a near sterile environment.

I reckon you have no trouble imagining all kinds of stuff...

Plenty of pirates will know people who own plants - perhaps there are lots of dodgy manufacturing plants in China, etc.

So yeah, it turns out with some proper research that Glass Mastering is not so accessible.

What else were we discussing besides how I was wrong about glass mastering? Ah yes, that's right... how it is redundant of you to not read my posts properly. :P

I might be guilty of not doing the proper research, but you're guilty of turning this into a big joke.

Nobody should joke about piracy... nobody,

I hope this is a lesson learned!

Now, onto the blue mark thing. One thing I know for sure is that even if my mind fails me, my eyes don't.

The pictures I took are bad, but they still show what is relevant. Doesn't matter if they're slightly blurred.

Oh and one more thing, it seems that we're all equally as ignorant as each other. While people who know one tid bit of information ridicule a guy who spends some time guessing and imagining, they don't realize he is actually right about some things, such as the blue mark..

I didn't come here knowing everything, but that doesn't mean I know nothing!

So here is the picture.

281huoi.jpg

125rip4.jpg

Edited by boxesofgame

Nobody should joke about piracy... nobody,

I hope this is a lesson learned!

Oh dear. You're a few years late for the great-Jaguar-piracy-paranoia, and you've chosen the wrong forum to resurrect it.

Oh and one more thing, it seems that we're all equally as ignorant as each other.
Nope, sorry but it's just you.

You built a big theory about how your IS2 copy is not legit, while Telegames is known not to bother with the appearance of the games it sells. That blue thing looks like a printing defect, nothing more.

And there's nothing wrong with the price you paid, either. Not everyone is trying to milk buyers. But you can send an extra $130 to the guy you bought it from if that makes you sleep better, I'm sure he'll like it :P

• Like 4

I'm going to admit that it is unlikely for pirates to have glass mastering machines. It is highly unlikely.

Yes, Pirates aren't concerned with ideal conditions for copying as they can create some shoddy copies, regardless of that it is clear that the chances are extremely slim.

I mentioned that because it was part of the whole discussion - it was part of my reasoning; I tried to consider different alternatives and that was one of them.

I came into this forum to get advice about the version I have and I gave adequate descriptions and pictures.

That I might have chosen some slightly less than likely alternatives is completely related to my question of authenticity. If there are ways, what ways? How do pirates produce these games?

Now I have been led towards the answers. I have been encouraged to research Glass mastering.

I would say thankyou for your help, if you weren't too busy ridiculing me.

Not only that, you don't read my posts carefully enough and you behave in a flippant manner when I bring up suggestions as to how pirates might operate.

It's just silly. I'm not ignorant. I might have been ignorant to some facts about glass mastering, but I am certainly not ignorant about the potential for there to be Jaguar Piracy.

I was also ignorant to assume that I could argue for the case of having glass mastering machines at home.

Again, this whole glass mastering thing.

But other than that, no ignorance was shown, I simply looked at possibilities for piracy, different versions, salvaged boxes, etc etc,

I have explicitly shown you that I already knew about Cartridge version boxes possibly being used for the CD release, to which I got the reply: "It's not beyond imagination that Cd releases could have the cartridge box style."

I'm also receiving comments that assume there are existing batches of my copy, or that the blue mark is just a mistake.

Well it would have to be quite a prevalent mistake appearing on many copies, because I can see it on the official box scans.

In short, I came for answers about likelihoods, which I got, but other details of probability are still tentative so nobody truly knows.

Obviously there is only one true answer when it comes to ownership and usage of glass mastering machines, so that clearly rules out a few options. But other than that, there is nothing wrong with my posts - just speculation and questions.

So, I have taken the trouble to answer for my posts. There are many alternate spellings of words, many alternate uses and meanings, and varieties of circumstances. However, you know damn well that I basically wasn't stating anything as fact until I thought I knew what I was talking about when I reached the subject of glass mastering. Other than that, nothing wrong with my posts, but let me tell you something. Ignorance is more of an attitude than it is specific knowledge about a particular subject, and I feel that a few of you are balking at me. Well look, you're the ones who are being immature and ignorant.

You can tell me I marched in here and got offended too easily, but the truth is I am not offended. I wasn't taking it seriously until now - and at this present time I just feel slightly irritated that you're wasting your time insulting me and using childish memes and whatever else.

I didn't do anything wrong.

Have I now explained the stupidity of this argument in full, plain English?

Edited by boxesofgame

Listen, you're being very childish. I don't know why you're doing it, you just are. You just do it for the sake of it, as it can't possibly be anything personal against me.

You don't know me.

So I'll just pretend you aren't being this ignorant, and I'll post in other parts of the forums.

P.S, Piracy is a legitimate word to use, you can do your research if you like.

P.S, You can become a client of a manufacturing plant, possibly an illegal one, so special relationships with illegal manufacturers do happen. Not sure why you laughed at the idea.

What is most stupid about all this is that pirates can produce anything they like, doesn't have to be popular.

Your argument is obtuse; it's just an argument of: "hahaha, why would they do that?"

That's all you have to say: hahahaha.

That's it.

I should have realized that you would just laugh at me for discussing it as a possibility. There is no such thing as a possibility in your book.

You are the owners of this joyful town. You are the administrators, clearly.

Or you're probably good friends with the administrators,

but truthfully I would be the one giving you extra warn level,

you're that piggish.

Hopefully your shit doesn't spread too much in other topics, I don't want my experience tarnished by ... nothing... you have nothing to offer me.

God, why did you have to be so stupid?

Why did you create these creatures?

Piracy is supposed to be for sought after items, not minor fools. You're not supposed to create these monstrosities.

What do you mean they're not a minority? You mean to say they're pretending to be cleverer than everyone else by pulling memes out their ass?

Right.

Well I think I'd better just leave this topic, not a good atmosphere.. too many pricks... and stuff...

Edited by boxesofgame

That is something to be discussed in the Bubsy topic.

Right now we're dealing with people ganging up on me about a single thing.

If people actually cared to read my posts properly, they would realize I'm not saying my copy *is a pirated version, I am saying it *could be.

However, some people only see what they want to see.

As a general rule, every institution or land contains enemies.

I now have enemies - and very quickly after joining these forums.

Over what? A discussion about copyright?

Exactly. Some people are just generally unpleasant and unwilling to listen.

Hmmm...

I wonder how many people have my version.. mind you anyone could just swap the boxes. Like if I had both versions, I could swap the boxes and sell one of them.

Oh yeah, and check this out.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20130125/NEWS01/301250070/Software-pirate-walks-plank-federal-court?nclick_check=1

I think she has the money in an off shore account.

Edited by boxesofgame

It's all a conspiracy! (regarding all concerns with products in this thread) :spidey:

This isn't the 911 truther's site, that's way down the web and to the left, far left. Take your conspiracies to them. And watch that first step...it's a doozy..

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 2

Oh and one more thing, it seems that we're all equally as ignorant as each other. While people who know one tid bit of information ridicule a guy who spends some time guessing and imagining, they don't realize he is actually right about some things, such as the blue mark..

I didn't come here knowing everything, but that doesn't mean I know nothing!

I hate to get off on a tangent, but I just wanted to make some comments about what you've said here. I work in an industry where each and every one of my co-workers is clinically a genius. I don't mean this metaphorically, but they actually are geniuses. The worst part about it is that they have no idea that they're all geniuses. They all have masters degrees in electrical engineering, and doctorates, and they're all kids (IE: younger than me, and I'm in my early 30s). I don't want to go into myself, but I know that I'm at least worthy of being in their company.

I'm considered an expert in some fields, but incidentally feel like I'm such a novice in them. As a developer, I've been programming for 17 years now... basically since I graduated from high school. I've programmed in everything from C#, Delphi, VB, VB.Net, C++, Mumps, Cold Fusion, Java, PHP, Javascript, HTML, blah blah blah. The more I learn, the more I feel like I know nothing. I work exceptionally hard and my performance reviews show this. Perhaps if anything, I am more motivated than my co-workers, who I feel are probably more intelligent than I am... even if they don't realize it, or believe it. I don't know if this is a cry for help! (hahahah) or if I'm just trying to understand myself here... but will I ever get to the point in anything where I feel like I am actually an expert, and really believe it? Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't have esteem problems... but man, it seems like the more I know, the more I realize I don't actually know anything, and it kills me!!!

I mean, I do know practically everything about Pontiac Fieros. I've torn apart, cut up, rebuilt, and totally restored more than I can think of. But that is a totally worthless skill since no one cares about Fieros.