IGNORED

Jaguar homebrew cd/Dvd cover art?

Darrin9999

I just confirm :D

The link for the first page is here: http://www.yaronet.com/posts.php?sl=&s=146080&p=1

Enjoy the CD covers and art for DVD boxes from this topic I made.

Some are from the web (taken from sites like here: http://www.thecoverp...w.php?cat_id=37) and I did some as well especially for the latest games released but old demos as well.

Feel free to add a comment there or better, directly on the Yaronet topic (readingh english isn't a problem for me) so I know if you like or not.

Edited by Felyx

I personnaly print my box cover arts by doing a simple insertion in a Word doc.

They already are at the right size and ready to be print at A4 paper format.

I recommand laser color print for a "pro" rendering: this is what I am doing for them.

For the cover art on the topic which are not from me, I used Word again and put them in a table which has ben set up at the correct lenght and height to fit a DVD box.

Below is a quick overview of my jaguar collection of homebrews just to show you it works:

0y79.jpg

Almost all of them are already downloadable from the Yaronet topic.

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 2

I personnaly print my box cover arts by doing a simple insertion in a Word doc.

They already are at the right size and ready to be print at A4 paper format.

I recommand laser color print for a "pro" rendering: this is what I am doing for them.

For the cover art on the topic which are not from me, I used Word again and put them in a table which has ben set up at the correct lenght and height to fit a DVD box.

Below is a quick overview of my jaguar collection of homebrews just to show you it works:

0y79.jpg

Almost all of them are already downloadable from the Yaronet topic.

Thanks!

Could you post covers for Slam Racer and DownFall please.

Answer is: Yep :D

Update of the Yaronet topic: this morning I saw many DVD covers were missing and I added those ones: Big Buck Bunny Cinepak film, Slam Racer, Jag Marble, Downfall, Jagworm, Surrounded and Badball Code n demo.

Please note that for some homebrews I did not made a DVD box cover as the demos are in jewel cases but maybe will do them in the future. Stay tuned :D

All those 7 covers are posted on page 1

Hope you will like them :)

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 2

Thanks thats nice to read :thumbsup:

Well in fact, I wanted first to avoid having to simply use a tunnel pic.

This is why the first cover I did is showing a futurist airport with a glass tube (to make the link with the game) and a strange plane from a company I called Tubul'air.

When it was finished and I was happy of the result I started the second one which is far less original but looks closer to the game itself.

You got the choice between original art or art that sticks closer to the game :)

Edited by Felyx

Does anyone know from which game came the artwork on this one?

Lda5.jpg

I already checked the VCS, 5200, 7800, Coleco, Odissey, Intellivision, Apple II, C64, CPC and ZX Spectrum games and found nothing :(

I did already a DVD cover for Surrounded but if I can find the same artwork I will do one using it as it suits well the game.

Thanks for your help :)

Edited by Felyx

There is a UK seller oneBay who is selling DVD boxes for some homebrews. First problem, some of those boxes are using my work without any authorisation. Second problem, this guy probably found those covers on a UK website I really dislike and which banned me because I told the admin to go fuck himself.

Most if not all of the DVD covers are free and not for sale. I am not doing money with that and I don't want some other people (and moreover people I don't like) is making money in my back on that :mad:

The seller is offering for free a CD with the homebrew as of course he has no rights to sell it.

You can print yourself the DVD boxes covers and for the CD I am equiped with ACD printer. For those who would like to get the CD with the deco (available for download in my Yaronet topic as well as the boxes artwork) please contact me: I can print some at low price if needed.

• Like 1

I'm assuming these are the listings you mentioned? If there's one thing I really despise it's people profiteering from other people's work in the homebrew/bedroom coding world...

If those are the listings you mentioned, would you be surprised to learn the seller and the admin of that site are likely one and the same person? He's certainly an admin of that forum at least, one of 2 I think. Whatever, that's not important. What I know for sure is that the seller is Mr. Kizza - someone well known in Jaguar circles for his, ahem, puerile antics and narcissism, but now he's dipping his toe into a bit of warez dealing? I'd say he was likely only doing it as yet another attention-seeking stunt, but at £20/$32 Buy-It-Now it's a bit more profitable than that.

"Please be aware that this auction is just for the special edition DVD case. However a CD containing the game itself is available for FREE on request at close of auction!" - That's pretty lame.

Basically he's selling warez of Jaguar/CD homebrews - stuff people put out for free. There's MD Games stuff there,

Bastain Schick, Jeff Minter, Sinister Developments, Orion and Tursi that I recognise. I don't know that he hasn't asked permission for each of the authors, I just highly doubt it. The listing also says covers (and supposedly "free" CDs?) are available for other games and links to a list of Kizza's (somewhat biased

:lol: ) reviews of Jaguar games - there's all kinds of stuff on that list including Jagware games...wtf?! Then there's the actual covers which are at least in part other people's work...

:?

I dunno... everybody knows how touchy some Jaguar devs and fans can be about piracy, why the hell would someone do something so blatantly offensive and gouging (other than to piss people off or make money off other people's work?). He's a known plagiarist, but this is more than a little step or two further down quite a precarious path...

[EDIT: missed something]

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 7

Thanks Sh3rg for his reaction.

What a (bad) joke to learn that the seller on ebay is the admin of the UK forum :( ( but at same time, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree)

I send him a message on eBay and I could emailed the admin: will see if as requested he removes the auctions on eBay and possibly my stuff on his website (which I can't access anymore since he banned me for disliking asshole's reviews of homebrews) as I don't want to feed such people.

@ggn: to turn my hobby into a business to make easy money I have first to lose all my gentility and ethic :D

After reflection, I think how ridiculous for me that would be to print a CD for an american and then so ship it overseas: despite they are not as advanced as us in Europe, I assume there must be some CD printer in USA :D

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 5

Here are the DVD box sleeve and Cd cover for Tube SE:

2 version, both based on Marcus Losbjer art.

The second sleeve has front page designed by him:

vJFS.jpgL6xr.jpg6V8V.jpgKDmm.jpg

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 3