IGNORED

NIB Intellivision system anyone?

The box seems in excellent condition and I remember seeing NIB sales on ebay going higher then that time ago so it seems a reasonable price to me, at least when compared to ebay or other online auctions.

Anyway, I leave to the more expert guys over here to comment further: maybe it's still possible to find a NIB Inty at some thrift store or local sales?

Interesting, well I'll offer $100 and see what happens :)

You go up to 150 probably and still re-sell it for 350 to 400 easy. that is about how much some have sold in recent past......dont forget my 15% commision fee.

If I actually get this thing I'll sell it to anyone here for an extra $50 for my time/etc..

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, finally got around to sending the guy an email (per request of a member here, well, and so I could make $50, lol) anyways, when asked if the console was new and unopened this is the response he gave me....

The box itself was opened (only determine if it had been resealed, and it wasn't). Everything is still in the packaging. Some items are shrinkwrapped, the unit itself is in the original plastic, but that was never a sealed item. The unit was a "promotional only" item and wasn't for resale. This is the Original, Intellevision unit though, and has never been used/opened other then mentioned above.

I don't think that still qualifies as NIB does it? What do you guys think?

That's the trick, isn't it? How do you know it's the real thing? By opening it. But then you end up voiding the NIB status. But at least you've verified that it *was* indeed NIB.

In this case, I'd say it's no longer NIB, and might not feel so bad about opening it to verifying the contents myself before paying CIB prices for it.