IGNORED

Looking for title of a game

nanochess

Hi everybody.

I remember playing a game of cars (vertical scrolling, player's car in bottom, other cars come from up) in Intellivision when I was 5 or 6 year-old, but I don't know the name of the game.

I would appreciate if someone knows the name of this game.

Hi everybody.

I remember playing a game of cars (vertical scrolling, player's car in bottom, other cars come from up) in Intellivision when I was 5 or 6 year-old, but I don't know the name of the game.

It could be "Triple Action." This cartridge included three two-player games: Biplanes, Tanks, and Car Race. The latter was a vertical scroller where cars came from the top, and the players manipulated their cars at the bottom.

It was rather simplistic, with no more graphics than the road and the cars, and no special logic but to avoid crashing the cars.

If the game you remember was more complex than that, then it probably was Bump N' Jump.

Are you sure it only scrolled vertically? There's another game called "Auto Racing" which scrolled on both axes, and had you navigate different race courses.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

I think he's going for the Triple Action game 2 cars that DZ-Jay pointed out. INTV did not like to release these as they thought it made them more like the VCS, but lets face it, you know you loved yourself some biplanes :)

I loved biplanes! I played tanks and racing cars too, but mostly biplanes. Man, shooting while on a loop was very cool!

-dZ.

Hi everybody.

It could be "Triple Action." This cartridge included three two-player games: Biplanes, Tanks, and Car Race. The latter was a vertical scroller where cars came from the top, and the players manipulated their cars at the bottom.

It was rather simplistic, with no more graphics than the road and the cars, and no special logic but to avoid crashing the cars.

If the game you remember was more complex than that, then it probably was Bump N' Jump.

Are you sure it only scrolled vertically? There's another game called "Auto Racing" which scrolled on both axes, and had you navigate different race courses.

-dZ.

I just noticed I posted the wrong link for Triple Action. This is the correct link.

dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

I think he's going for the Triple Action game 2 cars that DZ-Jay pointed out. INTV did not like to release these as they thought it made them more like the VCS, but lets face it, you know you loved yourself some biplanes :)

I loved biplanes! I played tanks and racing cars too, but mostly biplanes. Man, shooting while on a loop was very cool!

-dZ.

and it was WAY better than Combat's air variations.

Sounds like Bump n Jump maybe.

Doesn't look like it.

Yes, it is the game!!, thank you.

Though I remember it was in inverted video (white road).

Yep, only vertically.