IGNORED

Value help

Bad news for me, good news for someone. My wife is putting the kabosh on the start of my INTV collection. Initially I bought the stuff to play, but after 2 months and only getting through testing each game, it's been decided that I don't have the time and she wants her home theater. Apparently working 60 hours per week at two jobs leaves little time for gaming. I personally think she just doesn't have an imagination or appreciation for classic things. Anyhow, I'm not looking to sell this on EBAY because I think their fees are a joke and I'd like the stuff to go to someone who needs it or will appreciate the way I wanted to.

Using RarityGuide.com and the value guide on IntellivisionWorld.com, I realized that there is no way to get anything close to that, so I'm coming to you guys since you seem to have your pulse on current values

Here is what I have. All of the boxes are in great shape except where mentioned. I'll probably sell it in lots (Imagic lot, intellivoice lot, sports lot, etc.) Once I know what to ask, it'll be up in the Marketplace soon after.

Thank you!

post-32066-0-77286400-1335406074_thumb.png

You would be lucky to get one speaker for your theatre with that list.

p.s. Why does everyone blame the poor old wife... :_(

Do they they know their husbands are using them as the reason to sell their collections?

(im not directly picking on you, BadManJose. alot of people do this)

• Like 1

Man, that is a low blow. lol

I can honestly say though, it would not buy one of my Martin Logan's. Much less the speaker cable I run bi-amping the mains.

Seriously though, when you decide to sell your INTV gear, hit me up with some good pics via PM please. I see lots on your list that interest me brother.

I'm divorced for a reason. I like my toys. :D

My quick math gets you to maybe $150 total if sold individually. In lots probably a bit less. Is that enough to justify selling? I'd tell your wife it's mostly commons and that you'd prefer to keep all of it as you won't get back anything near what you paid. Maybe that'll work. :) good luck

By the way, Dracula is the most valuable, likely $20 or so. Lots of $1 commons in there.

Edited by cmart604

Its not made up. Many wives just don't understand video game collecting. For them, it is foolish and even can border on getting their household on the Hoarders TV show. My wife isn't thrilled by my collecting but has reluctantly accepted the fact. For those who have wives that get into video game collecting, I am envious.

My quick math gets you to maybe $150 total if sold individually. In lots probably a bit less. Is that enough to justify selling? I'd tell your wife it's mostly commons and that you'd prefer to keep all of it as you won't get back anything near what you paid. Maybe that'll work. :) good luck

By the way, Dracula is the most valuable, likely $20 or so. Lots of $1 commons in there.

For the most part, that's why I'm not putting up much of a fight to keep it all. My original intention was to play it, not to sell or collect it. I picked it up at an auction once, I can find it again as I'm ALWAYS on the hunt for classic stuff. If I find the time later on, nothing in this lot is irreplaceable like a Spiker or a Stadium Mud Buggies so I won't really be put out much.

I agree with Sqoon tht women just don't have the emotional attachment to video game stuff because in general when our wives were growing up, video games were a boy thing. I envy the man whose wife can truly appreciate the importance and nostalgia value of video gaming

I can honestly say though, it would not buy one of my Martin Logan's. Much less the speaker cable I run bi-amping the mains.

Seriously though, when you decide to sell your INTV gear, hit me up with some good pics via PM please. I see lots on your list that interest me brother.

Now that you are divorced, I bet she has her own toys as well.... :grin: :grin: :grin:

Do they they know their husbands are using them as the reason to sell their collections?

My ex did... :mad: I was forced to sell my Stonix, SG&R and Minehunter

Happy wife, happy life.

Confucius say :grin:

Now that you are divorced, I bet she has her own toys as well.... :grin: :grin: :grin:

Didn't know you knew my ex .. :ponder:

:o

My ex did... :mad: I was forced to sell my Stonix, SG&R and Minehunter

Happy wife, happy life.

Confucius say :grin:

Didn't know you knew my ex .. :ponder:

:o

Why do all of the Intellivision threads turn perverted after like 2 or 3 posts... :grin:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some great looking boxes!

Yeah, they are definitely in better shape than most of what I've seen out there when I've been looking. Most of what I see in the wild looks more like the Sears Poker that's pictured.

Did you sell them all?

Some great looking boxes!

Yeah, they are definitely in better shape than most of what I've seen out there when I've been looking. Most of what I see in the wild looks more like the Sears Poker that's pictured.

Did you sell them all?

A good portion of it is spoken for, I can update whats left tonight when I get home from work tonight.