IGNORED

EA Screws Over Its Five Remaining Customers

Another fine example of people with more money than sense:

http://www.destructo...es-227296.phtml

"There is only so much physical space and digital space where you can have servers"

*rofl* Are they counting on everybody having a 1995 era vision of "servers"?

I suppose technically there's a (heavily spun) grain of truth there, but they know the rough volume of people playing their game and clearly have enough total horsepower to handle them all--paid or otherwise.

If the free servers won't handle enough people, it's only because EA dragged the sliders to the left to force people to buy what they'd normally have gotten free with the initial cost of their game.

Next gen is for losers.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

^^ I'm hoping you bought it used.

Nope, new. I don't care about the company as long as it's a fun game.

My take on Mass Effect 3 that was done by Bioware and published by EA:

I have Mass Effect 1 and 2. I can easily wait till the price drops cause I'm not supporting EA or anyone else involved with the making of that game for 60 bucks. I can get it some day on MY OWN TERMS. I wont ever buy it through Origin and I will ONLY buy it for less than 60 bucks and only because I still like the folks at Bioware and its a cool series.

My take on EA used games:

Buy it used and you miss out on codes etc and end up paying an extra 10 bucks for online access. Buy new and you succumb to EA. Thats how life is these days with them.

Buy it used and you miss out on codes etc and end up paying an extra 10 bucks for online access. Buy new and you succumb to EA. Thats how life is these days with them.

My solution is just not to do either and hope they eventually fold into bankruptcy,

^^ I'm hoping you bought it used.

Nope, new. I don't care about the company as long as it's a fun game.

My take on Mass Effect 3 that was done by Bioware and published by EA:

I have Mass Effect 1 and 2. I can easily wait till the price drops cause I'm not supporting EA or anyone else involved with the making of that game for 60 bucks. I can get it some day on MY OWN TERMS. I wont ever buy it through Origin and I will ONLY buy it for less than 60 bucks and only because I still like the folks at Bioware and its a cool series.

True, however I don't mind taking advantage of a hell of a deal, whether it's EA or anyone else. Most of my recent EA acquisitions have been for $10, new, period. Picked up ME2 2 years ago from KMart for $10 during a Christmas sale. Also purchased Dante's Inferno, Fight Night Rd 4, Battlefield Bad Company, Army of 2, The Saboteur and Dead Space all for $10 brand new from EA.com during a single sale about 2 years ago. Sorry, but I'm not passing up deals like that.

I'm a huge proponent with voting with your wallets though. People complain about it because the process is slow and really requires a good amount of rallying and a fair amount of even coordination, but it really does work.

The problem is they buy up smaller companies or throw money at them to publish their game(s). Games that you like that are now controlled by them.

They are like a bloated growing cancer.

I'm glad I bought all my popcap games before EA bought them. Popcap hasn't released anything good since as far as I can tell.

I still hope Bioware can break off but as someone mentioned its probably impossible if they outright bought the company.

http://www.destructo...nt-227542.phtml

http://blogs.wpri.co...ith-38-studios/

Seriously folks. Is this what modern gaming has become?

EA makes money and we (taxpayers) gets screwed over. Haha.......

I have to hand it to EA folks. They really know how:

- to step in to a troubled company.

- setup immunity for themselves and make money off someone elses game.

Isn't it genius?

Edited by cimerians

http://www.destructo...nt-227542.phtml

http://blogs.wpri.co...ith-38-studios/

Seriously folks. Is this what modern gaming has become?

EA makes money and we (taxpayers) gets screwed over. Haha.......

I have to hand it to EA folks. They really know how:

- to step in to a troubled company.

- setup immunity for themselves and make money off someone elses game.

Isn't it genius?

No different then the banks and auto companies. :P

Yeah, I am around 6 years now of not buying EA games (at least not new) I had one slip up with Mercenaries 2 but seeing how they ruined and awesome game just reminded me again not to buy the dog shit they sell as games....

The sad thing is that their games are either complete crap or flat out amazing. So it's hard to always pass them up. However, when I do buy an EA game I usually buy it used. So in a way, I'm still showing my lack of support.

However, when I do buy an EA game I usually buy it used. So in a way, I'm still showing my lack of support.

That's the only way I've been able too keep up my ban of Sega. There's no reason I should have to suffer for them pissing me off, I can easily stop giving them my money with minimal pain on my end.

Though I did fall off the wagon when Valkyria Chronicles hit $15.

However, when I do buy an EA game I usually buy it used. So in a way, I'm still showing my lack of support.

That's the only way I've been able too keep up my ban of Sega. There's no reason I should have to suffer for them pissing me off, I can easily stop giving them my money with minimal pain on my end.

Though I did fall off the wagon when Valkyria Chronicles hit $15.

I agree, though Sega has been doing better. Case in point, Sega and Sonic All Stars Racing and Virtua Tennis 4. I bought both those games new, and in the case of S&SASR I bought three copies, haha (PC, PS3, XBOX). But they still have some work to go. I regretting buying Sonic Generations as I still found that game to be pretty bad. I didn't like the overworld (I just want to play each stage in a row like Sonic should be). So yeah, unless I see a level of care put into their games, they are usually bought used as well.

At the very least, rarely does any developer get top dollar from me. With most games going down in value after a month or two, there's simply no point in buying it early. Only Forza 4 and Skyrim have I noticed that despite my long waiting, their prices really haven't fluctuated that much, so I finally gave in.