IGNORED

Atari Proto Collection: 1450XLD, 1400XL, 1200, 1090 XL Expansion

MrFish

WoW (!!!)

After all these years, time for those babies to come back home! :)

Now, having said, what a *DUMB* way to start a 9-day auction (someone just dropped-in with a >$1,000)... on the opening-minutes. Unless you are willing to pay $10,000, and with 9-days to go, that's just wasting money and energy... but GREAT for the seller, though! :grin:

WoW (!!!)

After all these years, time for those babies to come back home! :)

Now, having said, what a *DUMB* way to start a 9-day auction (someone just dropped-in with a >$1,000)... on the opening-minutes. Unless you are willing to pay $10,000, and with 9-days to go, that's just wasting money and energy... but GREAT for the seller, though! :grin:

So - you gonna get these? They sure would look nice next to your 800 Corvus setup :) You know you want to.

:-o

Isn't this price a bit low? Especially for a whole complete set. Then that should double the price. Wasn't the price of just one of these Ataris already in the order of $400,- ?

EDIT: OK, I forgot this $1025 was just a bid amount, not a starting price...

Edited by analmux

(...)

So - you gonna get these? They sure would look nice next to your 800 Corvus setup :) You know you want to.

(...)

Very tempting, indeed.

I could care less for the 1200 and 1450 XLD. The real McCoy here is the 1400XL, and (just maybe) the expansion-fridge. Will certainly look great next to my JM-800.

As long as clueless / "stoopid" bidding does not take place, I may be interested in the whole set and then make the individual elements available for those that want it, at a decent price (except the 1400XL, which I hope it works).

Beetle has been busy.

I could care less for the 1200 and 1450 XLD. The real McCoy here is the 1400XL, and (just maybe) the expansion-fridge.

Why couldnt the 1200 or 1450xld be real if you believe the 1400xl to be real? The 1400xl is probably one of those BEST MB built out with some Beetle magic for the case. Even the 1090 is probably more Beetle magic.

For those who dont know Beetle's handywork, link provided.

http://www.atariage....50#entry1207216

Edited by Almost Rice

Holy krap. a 1400 and 1450. I almost regret spending the employee bonus on a bioloid premium robot kit. If I had a 1450 would I use it? . . . . Nah. I could not handle the thought of turning it on and having something burn out.

Edited by kenjennings

This is probably the time where you FULLY REGRET having impulse-spent your cash on all that crappy carcasses / machines, bogus upgrades, bizarre SW titles, redundant accessories, ghetto-like expansion kits, etc.

Having said that, stupidity seems to be taking over at the auction: with OVER NINE DAYS to go, it is already @ $1,700, which suggests a projected $12,000 auction-closing pricing.

Tst, tst, tst... :-D

Sadly i'm not interested in this XL stuff, yet I am making an effort to purchase as long as it doesn't go over a few thousand dollars. I just hope I make the reserve!

These would be great bargaining chips for stuff i'm interested in...

Edited by fibrewire

If I had stupid money to throw around, I'd be all over this in a second. It's like the ultimate prototype hardware collection.

Quick question for everyone though: If you won this auction, would you actually use the 1450XLD or would you be too scared that it would break? I've always wanted a 1450XLD, but I think if I owned one I'd be too scared to actually plug it in more than once. :)