IGNORED

How long do you wait until filing a non-paying bidder?

Atarian7

Are you sending emails or messages through PayPal?

I for one used an email addy I use for spam mail to set-up my eBay account, due to all the BS emails eBay spams out. I buy so much stuff on eBay, I tend to miss paying for single item purchases where I was also bidding on other items the seller had but didn't win.

I suggest you send the buyer a PM through eBay and give them 24 hours to respond, before opening a dispute on eBay.

• Like 1

If they do not reply i file as soon as ebay will let me, if they do not pay and will not reply to emails chances are they are not going to, i have had to file twice in the last 2 weeks, the gaming deadbeats on ebay seem to be getting bad about bidding and not paying of late

• Like 2

I email the buyer 2-3 days after purchase, just saying the item is packed and ready to go pending payment (even if I haven't packed it yet - it's just a casual way to remind them to pay). Then if they haven't paid by the ebay deadline which here is 7 days from sale, I file an unpaid dispute. They usually pay after that. If I have to resort to lodging a claim against a buyer then they don't get any feedback from me, even if they leave positive at the end of it.

I had one this week, sent them an invoice to remind them - then I noticed their address - it was totally bogus and highly offensive (so much so that I can't repeat what it said here). I contacted ebay live help to sort it out... they were like 'yeah yeah just file a claim at the end of the 7 days.. blah blah ..' so I asked the agent to just quickly confirm the buyers address for me... they were off for 5 minutes or so... then came back saying 'yes sir your absolutely right that is a serious breach of ebay policy, we have notified the internal investigation team and you will receive a refund of fees immediately' haha!

• Like 1

When selling items, state the number of business days you would like to be paid before filing a non-paying bidder.

NPB is no big deal - i open cases and cases are opened against me all the time. Just pay the item before the NPB escalated shot clock runs out, and no damage is done.

On average, 3-7 business days is what people wait. I would recommend 3 days - why wait :D

• Like 1

I do not sell on eBay, but there are types of seller that I hate:

a) Sellers who exclude buyers with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in the last 12 months. If you buy hundreds of items a year it is almost impossible not to get an unpaid item strike.

b) Sellers who don't allow questions

c) Sellers who automatically open an unpaid item case after 4 days, also they have still active listings

d) Sellers who open an unpaid item case as soon as possible, but then take a week to ship the item

I always give negative feedback to those sellers.

• Like 1

a) Sellers who exclude buyers with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in the last 12 months. If you buy hundreds of items a year it is almost impossible not to get an unpaid item strike.

I'm sorry, but I have been on Ebay for 15 years now and I buy dozens of items a month and I have never received an unpaid item strike. Why would you bid on something and then refuse to pay for it? Buyers like that should be banned for good.

I'm sorry, but I have been on Ebay for 15 years now and I buy dozens of items a month and I have never received an unpaid item strike. Why would you bid on something and then refuse to pay for it? Buyers like that should be banned for good.

I used to buy more than 100 items per month and every month I had a seller who refused to sell, didn't want to combine shipping or send invoices with excessive shipping costs. Worst case was an item I paid, then got a refund and then the seller opened an unpaid item case. Yes, eBay allows that! In 2011 I bought around 1500 games and it is impossible not to get an unpaid item strike.

Edited by Andre81

ESPECIALLY, when they are charging $6.90 shipping per EACH single game but will combine for a few cents more. Their auctions close anywhere from 6 - 10 days in to the future. You go through and proxy a dozen or so of them... then they auto file on the 4th day after your first win, even though you give a good faith communication that you are still bidding on others. THAT'S HOW. There are allot of points of view.

Just having the same fun with "erie40" now. Bought 2 games from him, shipping was $7.35 each, sent me an invoice with $14.70 shipping now.

If he doesn't send me an invoice with combined shipping I'll pay one item now, the other one in a week and give him 2 negative feedbacks.

Edited by Andre81

Just having the same fun with "erie40" now. Bought 2 games from him, shipping was $7.35 each, sent me an invoice with $14.70 shipping now.

If he doesn't send me an invoice with combined shipping I'll pay one item now, the other one in a week and give him 2 negative feedbacks.

Did the auction specifically state that they would combine shipping, or did you contact them before end of auction to verify they'd combine shipping? If not, you might have some trouble.

Playing devils advocate on the technicality of the listing NOT offering combined is ridiculous. Either a seller wants a good customer experience, or they don't. Repeat customers are the best thing for business. Penalizing someone for buying MORE of your stuff is asinine. While I would, and have paid separately in the case where a seller won't combine, I've not left them negs over it.

I actually had a guy take about 2 months to pay for a Q-berts qubes a few years back. It went for some pretty good coin so I didn't relist and I just kind of forgot all about it, then out of the blue he paid and sent a message saying he had been in the hospital because of MS or something.

Playing devils advocate on the technicality of the listing NOT offering combined is ridiculous. Either a seller wants a good customer experience, or they don't. Repeat customers are the best thing for business. Penalizing someone for buying MORE of your stuff is asinine. While I would, and have paid separately in the case where a seller won't combine, I've not left them negs over it.

If I'm buying things from people I know here at AA, I'm already feeling pretty good that the transactions will be positive, and that both sides will be fair. But when purchasing from eBay, where the seller and buyer are relatively anonymous, you really can't bet your money that they're going to have your interests at heart. That's why I always make sure to ask questions before bidding. If I've won the bid, and I then realize I missed something, then I acknowledge it as my problem, pay up, and move on.

I get that to a degree, but if you've gone through and placed a dozen or more bids on some guys list of 244 PS1 games (like Riffraff was doing last week) and you end up winning one, and you still have a bid out there for an item that ends in 3 days, you really don't expect to be yelled at (not saying RR would ever do that, just used his listings as example here). Sellers should be glad you care enough about their products to A) bump their prices, no bids, no upward moment in end value B) that you are wanting to take several things off their hands. You should certainly not have to pay when each one closes, unless it is sans-shipping. I've offered to pay less shipping, then settle on postage once all wins were accounted for, on stubborn sellers in the past. They acted like I pooped in their hand. (It was a poster seller that was asking $25 postage per due to "cost of tubes" :roll: )

I get that to a degree, but if you've gone through and placed a dozen or more bids on some guys list of 244 PS1 games (like Riffraff was doing last week) and you end up winning one, and you still have a bid out there for an item that ends in 3 days, you really don't expect to be yelled at (not saying RR would ever do that, just used his listings as example here). Sellers should be glad you care enough about their products to A) bump their prices, no bids, no upward moment in end value B) that you are wanting to take several things off their hands. You should certainly not have to pay when each one closes, unless it is sans-shipping. I've offered to pay less shipping, then settle on postage once all wins were accounted for, on stubborn sellers in the past. They acted like I pooped in their hand. (It was a poster seller that was asking $25 postage per due to "cost of tubes" :roll: )

Ah, I gotcha now. I missed the point of multiple bids closing at different times. I agree on that. :thumbsup:

I normally request payment made within 3-5 days of auction closing. A kid bought a jersey card from me for $1.25 and had problems with his Paypal account. He emailed me and ask if he could send a Money order and I said no problem. If you communicate with a seller, they will normally work with you. No communication from buyer, then Im forced to open an unpaid item case.