IGNORED

The 2012 Atari 2600 collector Hall of Fame vote

homerwannabee

Hey Dino,

Thanks for the nod. I have been in this hobby for more than 20 years now. I have a pretty extensive collection, but it is not often photographed. Here is a picture that I took a few minutes ago.

post-10701-0-91500600-1337297447_thumb.jpg

Many veteran collectors know me, but I'm usually pretty low key. I usually, buy, sell, trade and chat in private. I'm typically seen at the CGE auction bidding from the back row. I'm listed in most of the registries and I've been known to play the occasional, elaborate practical joke. (Yes, those games are all real and they are all mine). :grin:

So what is that blue dual controller? I like the light blue handle on the top, kinda small though.

Thanks both, it does look familiar now. I though I had a couple of them out in the shed, mine are brown though.

(Note, this is a joke, I had to edit it or some time travelling internet surfer would harass me when i am old (er))

Edited by Pioneer4x4

He is still adding to his collection, I assumed that he'd still be in posession of it. Maybe I am wrong. :? You are not thinking of Dan Kramer, right?

no it was Al maybe not cashed out totally but many of the ultra rares...

Rick

Edited by Rick Weis

Yeah but does anyone have a black cx-2000??

Looked like a dumb idea the controllers.like who would want to sit that close together. maybe combat with a side of handjob they coulda been on to something??

Edited by Jinks

OK, this years vote was extremely close, but we do have a winner! By one vote Dino wins! Dino is one of the rare ones. He not only has a great PAL collection, among which he owns the extremely rare PAL Pengo. A game that is much rarer than many NTSC games. He also has a great boxed collection as well. OK, Dino is either Australian, or Canadian. I am leaning Canadian, and this makes Dino the very first Canadian to ever grace the Hall of Fame. If he is Australian, than yeah he is the first of that country as well.

Well Dino has always been a very active member here at AtariAge, and is willing to lend his vast knowledge of the Atari 2600 to others as well. He also is not shy of showing pictures of games from his collection. So let's here is for Dino! 2012's newly inducted Atari 2600 Collectors Hall of Fame member!

By the way here is the vote totals

Dino: 8 votes

Ianoid: 7 votes

Rom Hunter: 7 votes

Schitti: 4 votes

BF Stats:4 votes

Swlovinist:3 votes

No Frills 100: 2 votes

Curt Vendel: 1 vote

Dues Ex Machina: 1 vote

Frostbite Bailey: 1 vote

Nolan B: 1 vote

Zwackery: 1 vote

Red 5: 1 vote

Rolenta: 1 vote

Jerry Greiner: 1 vote

Al Backiel: 1 vote

Jahfish: 1 vote

Edited by homerwannabee

On ya Dino!

He has stuff waaaaay rarer than PAL Pengo I might add.

And he represents Australia!! :)

Actually... I think your number count was wrong Homer, I count 10 each, and they both reached 10 at the same time..... !?!?

Edited by nofrills100

Al Backiel

lol

Huh? :?

Do you even know Al?

Yes, do you? (I was already writing for DP fanzine way back in 93, the hardcore staff was Joe Santulli, Kevin Oleniacz (rip), Russ Perry Jr, Al and some others. All good friends of mine. My name also can be found in numerous DP Collector's Guides)

I was talking about CC's LOL, I know Al, I've met him countless times and he has even bought some of my releases. He has a huge collection.

Yeah, I think I mixed him up. Al Backiel is the newsletter/mean santa guy right? I was thinking it was the co-founder of atariage guy that never comes here anymore but thats Alex or something right? Either way, please retract my "lol" :)

LOL... I almost voted Rom Hunter early on, then decided not to vote at all due to some of the comments. :| Now, I wish I had voted when I was going to :) Or maybe due to the apparent miscount it wouldn't have mattered anyway. At any rate, congrats to Dino, well deserved!

Congratulations Dino! Very well deserved; thank you for the help with my PAL collection over the years ;-) I did not get a chance to vote, but you would have been on my list! Omegamatrix will probably second my vote on making you an honorary Canadian! Speaking of Canadians, thanks for voting for me Shawn Sr; I think you vote for me every year...lol...probably because you are the only one who knows the real extent of my collection ;) Guess I should take some pics somewhere in the near future. All the best Dino in your continued hunt for games in the "Land Down Under" Cheers, FB