IGNORED

What some of you just don't seem to get

MacGurl

*runs up and sneak attacks Starscream* come on Group Hug :love: :love: , now that you've gotten some love go in there and take care of the lil lady. And just think how you can spin it afterwards, you know you were so concerned about her that yourisked your own health to care for her.. Just go do, trust me you'll bethankful you did later

As for all the "my system is better than your system" stuff, it happens but there needs to be some respect in discussing those things. there is nothing wrong with liking a particular system but not everyone has to agree with ya. That is why there is 3 systems so that you can pick and choose.

I have come off my deathbed to say that link was really nasty. I think most of us here prefer one system over the other but I would never call someone a DUMBASS for liking what they like. I like that there is competition. N64 and DC were none to the PS1. The XBox is doing better against the PS2 and GC then that "person" in the link is implying.

So :razz:

on him.

I have come off my deathbed to say that link was really nasty. I think most of us here prefer one system over the other but I would never call someone a DUMBASS for liking what they like. I like that there is competition. N64 and DC were none to the PS1. The XBox is doing better against the PS2 and GC then that "person" in the link is implying.

So  :razz:

on him.

If you read through some of the other things on that site, you'll get it. It's called sarcasm, dry humor.

So  :razz:  

on him.

If you read through some of the other things on that site, you'll get it. It's called sarcasm, dry humor.

I did, and so that means he realy likes the XBox and Microsoft, he's a vegetarian, appreciates children's art, loved the movie Signs, etc...

Yeah I GET it.

Macgurl

There's been alot of comments made lately about "those of us who don't like XBox or M$"

And you always have comments about those who do like the Xbox and MS :P

Face it Macgurl, you like to start the problems as much as anyone else. So if ya don't wanna hear about it, don't bring it up. :D

This is the best post ever. I'm right and you're wrong ! If you don't like it, you're a dumbass :D

This is the last thing I'll say on this thread and I promise I won't be back:

You can say what you want, but I think you're missing the point here. If you have nothing to do, go ahead and check all my posts and see how many times out of the day I say the word GameCube. If it's over 80% of my posts, then talk all you want Starscream.

I may make comments about "$50 for an XBox? What a ripoff", but only to those who I know have a sense of humor.

And really, if someone is going to be so offended by what is said in that website, then there's issues there.

Ok...I'm done, you may proceed with talking about pizza.

The best pizza I ever had was Pierogie pizza from Hilltop in Brookfield OH. I can't wait til I stop barfing so I can eat something other than toast.  :D

Are you on that B.R.A.T. diet? Same thing happened to me last time I had the stomach flu, and my wife was just on that one too. :P

I've had some awesome pizzas in my day, but Zio's in Omaha, NE and Great Plains Sauce & Dough in Ames, IA are both at the top of the list. Very close behind would be ANY Cottage Inn Pizza place in Michigan. :D

Yea B.R.A.T. it is such an enthusiastic list of choices. I've had two pieces of toast and about 10 pretzels today. YUM :razz: That's me being sick.

And I forgot to mention the HUGE slice of pizza I had in NewJersey. probably the best pepperoni pizza I ever ate.

Now I am really depressed :sad:

Yea B.R.A.T.  it is such an enthusiastic list of choices. I've had two pieces of toast and about 10 pretzels today. YUM  :razz: That's me being sick.

And I forgot to mention the HUGE slice of pizza I had in NewJersey. probably the best pepperoni pizza I ever ate.  

Now I am really depressed  :sad:

I'm sorry Foxy, forgive me. If you're at Philly Classic, you can have a Coke and a slice on me to make up for it.

I have an Xbox and to be honest, I've yet to play a really fun game on it. Same for GC or PS2. Technically I suppose it's pretty capable. DOA and MK are OK, but most modern console games just suck. I'd much rather play a PC game, 5200 or Jaguar game. I think my feelings revolve around trying to play a complex game with a sucky game pad. Complex (modern) games require the controls offered by a PC. Simplistic games are great with simple controls. My $.02.

Now where's that pizza damnit?!?

Yea B.R.A.T.  it is such an enthusiastic list of choices. I've had two pieces of toast and about 10 pretzels today. YUM  :razz: That's me being sick.

Now I am really depressed  :sad:

I'm sorry Foxy, forgive me. If you're at Philly Classic, you can have a Coke and a slice on me to make up for it.

That's so sweet MegaMan! :) But you eat it for me since I am so poor I can't even pay attention :D No way I can afford even gas to drive to the Philly Classic It would be fun though

I find this type of thread very interesting. Obviously anyone who posts here at AtariAge has ben around the block once or twice when it comes to Video Games. With as many knowledgable people as we have here, we can't all seem to agree on a system???? This surprises me!

Even more surprising is that talking about video game systems anymore is just like arguing about Ford or Chevy! Everyone is a fan of one or the other and they can all give you 50 reasons why theirs is the best. When SNES and Genesis were going at it in the market place, I don't remember this kind of crap going on! Granted, there were no message boards to complain on (okay, I guess there was bulletin boards) but I seem to remember some people having Sega and others having SNES and no one bitching about one or the other. What has become of the industry?

VintageGamer

P.S. For the record... Chevy all the way! Also, I agree with Macgurl, XBOX bites it! I went the GameCube route only because there are wat to many games that will only be on Nintendo. (Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc) Anything else I might want (Vice City, Final Fantasy) will be out on the PC eventually, but we will most likely not see Mario Sunshine on PC. That was my reasoning anyway.

I just read the link MacGurl posted and I thought Maddox's take on the X-box ws pretty damn amusing. :) Anyone offended by that needs to just sit back and take a deep breath! I don't have an X-box for many of the reasons he pointed out, primarily that there haven't been many games that interest me. And the controller that used to ship with it was terrible, in my opinion. If more great games exclusive to the X-box come out, then maybe I'll pick one up at some point.

Video game console wars are never going to go away, as long as there are at least two competing consoles on the market. I never let myself get worked up about the issue, it's just not worth it. To me it's amusing to see people get all worked up about consoles. I buy the consoles that have the games I want to play, simple as that.

..Al

O.k I admit it, I was a Nintendo fanboy *sob'

The big N was the best and Sega was evil, but guess what..... I grew up

and realised it wasn't an issue and now I own more Sega games than

Nintendo (cheap Megadrive games flooding the thrift shops like the plauge :D )

My dreamcast gets as much play as my Atari and I recently bought a saturn.

These console wars are nothing new and with the investment placed in you're

choice of "modern" games system you don't want people saying you wasted

you're money on an inferior product (and you may like the games selection :roll: )

I'll buy a Xbox eventualy, mabye when I find it for $2 at a thrift or mabye

MS will release some killer games that I want to play (but I won't hold my breath)

My opinion on this is the same it has been since the NES/SMS days (and what I WISH it was during the 2600/Colecovision/Intelly days). And that's "if you have the cash, get em all" :D

I don't know why anyone wouldn't get excited about the Xbox. Microsoft b.s. aside (who the f*ck cares? :?) One simple mod and it's a total GAMING MACHINE. Plays vcd's, svcd's, atari 2600, super nintendo, Mame, final burn, Amiga, etc... all from the comfort of your couch. Oh yeah and it has those xbox games too.. get those if you want (I have yet to buy a single one). :roll: Xbox is the Dreamcast of a new generation and that's an awesome thing.

I don't know why you wouldn't want a Gamecube.. Zelda.. Metroid Prime (I'm currently at 57% woohoo!). You gotta love it.

I don't know why you wouldn't want a ps2.. So many games, Activision Anthology, Maximo, ... and yes *sigh*.. Vice City.

Those consoles all live in harmony just like their brethren before them! Git em all I say :)

wouldnt it be great if George Plimpton came out shilling a new console. Im sure only 3 dozen people would get the joke, and whoever uses him could opt to blow him up or something.

oh, and all of the current consoles have serious shortcomings, im not a hardcore fan of any of them. I loved my Dreamcast, and sorely miss its presence :(