IGNORED

I showed my Atari 2600 to my classmates (Age 15-18)

PitfallHarry2600

cool.

It sounds that the presentation was a success.

Thank you for that report.

I am sure that the time was insufficient, to show everything you wanted.

In these situations the time is running too fast.

....but, hey. Well done.

:thumbsup:

I love the irony (I'm sure 'Irony' is the WRONG word here so please correct me, most english speaking folk have forgotten how to use this word properly) in the photo where you mention "This guy was looking at the first Atari cart he ever saw"... yet he's wearing an AEROSMITH t-shirt. Aerosmith, which is a rock and roll/r&b band for the 1 or 2 people here that never heard of them, were signed to Columbia Records in 1972, and were technically around even before that. However this kid knows enough about Aerosmith to want to wear a shirt advertising them, yet at the same time is amazed(?) at an Atari cart...

Kids today...

Sarcasm aside... Still tho great show, this is what the world needs more of, to be educated on things that 'matter', by which I mean 'things that have shaped us a a species'. Plenty of people think video games are 'The Evil', people once thought the same thing about books. Their history and how they came to be must be at least recognized and remembered and taught to future generations. There WILL (should) be a time when things like the VCS and Fairchild Channel F will (again read as 'should') be looked upon as we today look upon The Epic of Gilgamesh and The Iliad. A time when something we take for granted as everyday was once a brand new and top of the line commodity.

Hey Mom, remember when you told me to quit wasting my time eating dots on Pac-Man when I should be studying? Well quit wasting time trying to knock down a tower with a limited supply of Angry Birds and maybe instead do a crossword puzzle that will "stimulate your mind".

Bunch o' Hypocrites...

Edited by Torr