IGNORED

The Official Intellivision Serial Number Database

Rev

They have serial numbers?

http://intellivisionrevolution.com/entries/intellivision-revolution/the-serial-number-database-now-includes-the-intellivision-flashback

I didnt waste any time, Flashback owners, feel free to add your Flashback to the official Serial Number Database...........the Flashback has no serial numbers you may be wondering? But it will have 'editions' such as Dollar General, and Sams.......also, on the box and console is something called a BATCH CODE. A date of manufacture, my batch code (date) is 07/2014. Im wondering if they will change the date if a second run of these gets made. Oh the collectors of variants will go crazy!

Edited by revolutionika

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a broken (internal damage to ribbon cable on power supply as far as I can tell) Intellivision I to replace one of the controllers on my functional one, turns out I got a pretty high serial number: 1835904, higher than anything on the official list. Thought it was pretty interesting, you can tell from the connectors and the internal controller matrix that they made Intellivisions much cheaper later on in it's lifetime.

post-38191-0-42815400-1410144094_thumb.jpg

Added the 2nd Flashback. Picked it up at CGE. Shh... they weren't officially supposed to be selling them - I've already which of the programmers said it, but he joked(?) that they were selling the sleeves for $60 and giving away free Flashback units. Came in a special BSR sleeved signed by about a dozen of the guys and gals who were in attendance. Only 200 made.

Higher batch code already - 08/2014. I suspect we'll see even more depending on sales.

I only got 11 on mine, but the number I picked out is great - 83. I had to explain the significance to my younger friend. After spending the previous evening explaining to her how to use a) joysticks, b) number pads, c) 80s games in general, d) the concept of short games played for points with no real goal, e) why there are no checkpoints (she's at least old enough to remember games before game saves), and f) using your imagination a LOT. Anyone over 35 is probably laughing their ass off with me right now.

Plus Keith (IIRC) drew one hell of a big signature/slogan/picture on a lot of them. I'm not much of an autograph hound but this was pretty cool. There just wasn't as much to buy as I expected (filled out the Fairchild collection a bit more which is always a rare opportunity) but this totally made up for it. The controllers are astoundingly good, for INTV fans.

If I recall correctly, there was one BSR who had to drop out of attending CGE and another that was a last minute addition.

I don't have my Flashback in front of me to check the lists. I had to UPS my signed Flashback to myself since I didn't have enough protection in my suitcase to protect the Flashback from the airport luggage handlers.

If I recall correctly, there was one BSR who had to drop out of attending CGE and another that was a last minute addition.

I don't have my Flashback in front of me to check the lists. I had to UPS my signed Flashback to myself since I didn't have enough protection in my suitcase to protect the Flashback from the airport luggage handlers.

Happy to say mine made it back in one piece, along with my other items of note. :)

Just added the half dozen consoles I have here. I'll try to remember to keep at this when I finally get home, as I have 5 or 6 1s and 2s sitting around there. At least until I sell some of these off that is. Some of these controllers are acting up so I may have to part out a few of them.

Just seen that, quick question, on some if the entries, you selected Bjs where house (for flashback) was that intentional or it was automated? I may have to look into that.

Just seen that, quick question, on some if the entries, you selected Bjs where house (for flashback) was that intentional or it was automated? I may have to look into that.

I *think* it's automated? I noticed that too - the dropdown was populated and I couldn't make it blank. It may have been because I was just refreshing the same page that I did my Flashback yesterday...

Nothing I have came from there :)

Edit: tried with a new page, nothing cached. It auto-fills BJs. Unless I'm doing something VERY wrong. Don't forget to add CGE when you fix that to default to blank :)

Edited by freeweed

I finally added my two Intv II units to the database. One is "P2 0145187" and "Christmas Carol vs. The Ghost of Christmas Presents" does not fit into the cartridge slot, no matter what I do. All other carts I own (I have 120 of the core 125) fit fine. My other Intv II unit has serial "P3 555748" and Carol fits fine. Strange.

I finally added my two Intv II units to the database. One is "P2 0145187" and "Christmas Carol vs. The Ghost of Christmas Presents" does not fit into the cartridge slot, no matter what I do. All other carts I own (I have 120 of the core 125) fit fine. My other Intv II unit has serial "P3 555748" and Carol fits fine. Strange.

It's simply not prepared for homebrew games yet.

From the owners manual (pg 17ff): To prepare a console for homebrew games, take as many of them as you can get and slowly show them to your Intellivision II console. The console then adapts to these new great releases who are more sophisticated and offer better game play, better graphics and out-of-this-world sound effects.

Pretty pleased to discover that. The Heavy Sixer of the INTV scene.

Exactly! Nice point. Which reminds me I still need to enter all my 1's, including the oldest in existence??? :)

By the way Free, where are you located? Your handle makes me think West Coast :)