IGNORED

Technically Possible

From what I can see of the game, the physics wouldn't be too hard.

Gravity influence, bounce influenced by where it hits on the tramp and how the tramp is moving etc.

These things can be done fairly simply with integer maths, table lookups and other trickery.

Already been done in "lite" form in Pong/Breakout type games.

If you break it down, the game just looks like a glorified Game & Watch type of thing.

Doing it yourself - start with the physics part. Do a Pong type program where the ball falls under gravitational influence, give the player a bat, make the thing behave how you want it to.

Once that's done, use the bare essentials you've created to do the physics on multiple objects, then add all the fancy bits.

Sounds like a Bouncing Babies clone to me.

http://www.dosgamesa...ouncing-babies/

Could use playfield pixels for the building and ambulance at the end.

Could use ball, missile 1 and missile 2 for "babies" to bounce.

Flames could be sprite 2 and the player/stretcher could be sprite 1.

Actually both Puppy Love and Bouncing babies are clones of Game And Watch Fire

Source

Wikipedia Entry

Also something like this would be my alternative choice if the other wasn't technically possible.

Sincerely,

Primordial Ooze

Edited by Primordial Ooze

Vermin is also dooable in the extreme.

Gopher and incoming mounds could be done in playfield pixels. The gopher head rows of pixels could be condensed to look better.

The player sprite could consist of both sprite 1 and 2 for a bigger, more detailed sprite that could move its arms independently.

Gravity influence, bounce influenced by where it hits on the tramp and how the tramp is moving etc.

I'm not sure it has to be that complicated. If you think about it, the paths of the objects have to be following a predetermined course, because as long as they successfully bounce it takes just a couple of bounces for them to end up exactly where they need to be to get caught by the funnel or whatever-- so it doesn't matter where it hits on the trampoline or how the trampoline is moving, at least not as far as what direction or angle it bounces in, only whether the bounce is successful or not. So it could be as simple as checking for a collision and then-- if a collision occurred-- comparing the X coordinates of the trampoline and the object to determine if it hit close enough to the middle of the trampoline for it to count as a successful bounce.

I'm not sure it has to be that complicated. If you think about it, the paths of the objects have to be following a predetermined course, because as long as they successfully bounce it takes just a couple of bounces for them to end up exactly where they need to be to get caught by the funnel or whatever-- so it doesn't matter where it hits on the trampoline or how the trampoline is moving, at least not as far as what direction or angle it bounces in, only whether the bounce is successful or not. So it could be as simple as checking for a collision and then-- if a collision occurred-- comparing the X coordinates of the trampoline and the object to determine if it hit close enough to the middle of the trampoline for it to count as a successful bounce.

Well I think this sounds like a great game idea and look forward to it. I only hope there will be paddle support Primordial Ooze? :D

Sorry to Primordial Ooze for putting this here but I have to ask SeaGtGruff if his inbox is full or disabled since I tried to send a message a couple weeks ago but it doesn't work???