IGNORED

Wii U game prices.

Hey, maybe the Wii U discs have a Sega Virtua Processor in them?

GMD-VirtuaRacing_box.jpg

So, I see that they are taking $100 for SMB U... isn't that the pack-in game?

No pack-in game has been confirmed, but it's been rumored that Nintendo Land will be the pack-in game.

It'd actually make more sense for Nintendo Land to be the pack-in game, if it's supposed to "do for the Wii U what Wii Sports did for the Wii".

• Like 1

herp a derp derpity derp trololol herp

Fixed

I made a valid point. Sure it was a little "smart ass" as mom would have put it, but the Wii was just full of shovelware designed to get grandma to buy it for the kids thinking she got them something cool without breaking the bank. There were tons of crap titles for that system that launched at $19.99. It is only reasonable to expect the same kind of thing from the Wii U. Get mad if you wanna, but the point is valid and well supported.

• Like 2

I made a valid point. Sure it was a little "smart ass" as mom would have put it, but the Wii was just full of shovelware designed to get grandma to buy it for the kids thinking she got them something cool without breaking the bank. There were tons of crap titles for that system that launched at $19.99. It is only reasonable to expect the same kind of thing from the Wii U. Get mad if you wanna, but the point is valid and well supported.

Yes...how dare somebody make a system that doesn't cater to the hardcore gamers or forces you to buy new TV's to get the maximum experience permitted by law?? The unmitigated gall! How dare nintendo be different? How dare they not be bleeding edge and make a profit? :roll:

Edited by dendawg

The only reason you saw an influx of releases like that on the Wii is because the system sold like wildfire. It's ignorant to assume the Wii-U will meet the same kind of sales performance. If it bombs, it's not likely you will see many of these types of games.

fair or not - the wii has kind of become known as the shovel ware system. I guess it comes from finding wii games in drugstores and gas stations. it's not really nintendo's fault, they are a victim of their own success. and if some no name company wants to throw money at them to buy a wii license to make Ziggy party games or Precious Moments racing, why should nintendo say no?

Edited by raskar42
  • Like 2

Yes...how dare somebody make a system that doesn't cater to the hardcore gamers or forces you to buy new TV's to get the maximum experience permitted by law?? The unmitigated gall! How dare nintendo be different? How dare they not be bleeding edge and make a profit? :roll:

I made a point, and I admit I did so in a less then professional manner, you made a move to insult, I go back and state my point again but a little more professionally and with more information to back it, and then you make another move to insult. It was even the kind of comment that most people would have just taken for what it was, understood the point I was making and moved on. You, on the other hand, wanted to harp on it. So, are you a troll or Nintendo fanboy?

I like me some Nintendo, but they are not too big to be called out on their lack of quality control. Sure, other companies made most of the crap games, but Nintendo used to be all about quality control, and that time has come and gone. So, when thinking about games that are going to be coming out for the Wii U I have to assume the same QC will be in place the the same bad games will flood the market. You don't have to be a "hard core gamer" to understand that games made after game shows are going to be bad, and Nintendo was home to "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader". Think about it.

fair or not - the wii has kind of become known as the shovel ware system. I guess it comes from finding wii games in drugstores and gas stations. it's not really nintendo's fault, they are a victim of their own success. and if some no name company wants to throw money at them to buy a wii license to make Ziggy party games or Precious Moments racing, why should nintendo say no?

"Precious Moments Racing"!!!! That actually made me laugh out loud. Nice. :)

• Like 2

What does this have to do with shovelware? How is this supposed to be considered a response?

Okay, wait, let me get this straight. You made a trollish post and you're calling me out for my comments? Pot meet kettle. If I'm a "troll" then why do you keep feeding me?

He didn't make a "trollish" post. You went off the flippin' rails at nothing.

You started out with the answer & then asked why they should say no, heh. Because it's giving them a lousy reputation.

• Like 5

i didn't know it was trolling to point out a known fact.

the amount of shovelware on nintendos systems simply cheapens the brand. who wants a console where 98% of the releases are shit? (obviously some people do, but i'm just saying that for arguments sake). sure each console in existence has some stinkers but for the most part one can go into the store and blind buy a ps3 or 360 game and more often than not it'll be a decent game because those manufacturers simply have higher standards. they're not handing out licenses to every basement developer out there; nintendo is. their consoles have always been a guessing game where the crap far outweighs the gold. for every decent to great game theres 50 "mcdonalds burger flip" and "kitty cat bath time". it makes one very wary of the 3rd party titles on their console (unless you do research. most people don't). and what developer would want their big budget title buried amongst the shite on a store shelf? why try when your game will be immediately squeezed out by "lets lotion grandmas bed sores"?

as soon as the 3ds launched there was already a bunch of shovelware and "good" games could be counted on one hand. nintendos ratios are simply out of whack.

Edited by xg4bx
  • Like 2

I'm sure it's just a placeholder price, I mean they can't rightly put $0 in there, can they?

their consoles have always been a guessing game where the crap far outweighs the gold. for every decent to great game theres 50 "mcdonalds burger flip" and "kitty cat bath time".

Idunno, Wii shovelware is pretty easy to pick out (though there are a few gems that look like SW but aren't), whereas the other consoles have tons of games that sold like hotcakes but would only leave me longing to play Barbie Horse Adventures instead.

...but let's not forget the massive amount of shovelware that the earlier Sony models had amassed.

i hope it's just a placeholder/deterrent. i'm not spending that much on one game (unless it's Skylanders).

http://www.walmart.c...12-lLinkFC5WiiU

Amazon has some games for $100 as well but most of them are $60 or less..

http://www.amazon.com/mn/search/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&h=e2d4c705c5b31532f87fe282b0c4bd08d5e96460&linkCode=ur2&qid=1339938039&rh=n%3A4924901011%2Ck%3Awii%20u&scn=4924901011&tag=atariage#/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node=4924901011

Ughhhhhh. Those are the games huh? Ludicrous. New Super Mario Bros Wii-U? How on earth are Mario games selling for 50 bucks+ these days is beyond me. Nintendo loves their fandom and casual crowd.

That type of stuff isn't worth 60 bucks in my world anymore let alone 40 or 50. There's too many games out there. Too many platforms. Too many games.

My fears were confirmed though.

Nintendo will port existing games giving them a little gimick with the Wii-U mote. Next generation games will be stripped down\gimmicked versions of PS4 and Xbox720 games.

Shovelware will be attempted but I think ultimately will fail miserably as I cant see the system selling as much as the Wii did.

Mario_Facepalm_Ava_mote_by_Artemendo.gif