IGNORED

Sequelizing Jaguar

digitalpress

If you were suddenly placed in a situation where you had all of the time and resources needed to create just ONE Jaguar sequel, what would it be?

And don't just name the game! Tell us what you'd do to make the sequel much more memorable than the original.

EXAMPLE: I'd do "Tempest 3000", which would be CD-based and contain even trippier levels and wild, swirling backgrounds. I'd even have random levels if you so choose! And then I would make it exclusively for NUON.

OK so it's been done. Show me something better.

If you were suddenly placed in a situation where you had all of the time and resources needed to create just ONE Jaguar sequel, what would it be?

And don't just name the game! Tell us what you'd do to make the sequel much more memorable than the original.

EXAMPLE: I'd do "Tempest 3000", which would be CD-based and contain even trippier levels and wild, swirling backgrounds. I'd even have random levels if you so choose! And then I would make it exclusively for NUON.

Rayman 2

I'd do a sequel to Hover Strike: Unconquered Lands. It was one of the most underated games on the Jag, and I believe it still had quite a bit of potential that had yet to be tapped.

:D I'm with you a 100% in agreement and dreament.

How about Fight for Life 2!

"Now! Complete with gameplay!"

what's not complete about the gameplay? Tons of cool moves you can earn, special moves, combos that can be linked together indefinately, if you know the moves, it's a bit slow, but the game play is fantastic as far as I'm concerned, although you have to actually spend some time with it and actually LEARN to play it!

How about Fight for Life 2!

"Now! Complete with gameplay!"

what's not complete about the gameplay? Tons of cool moves you can earn, special moves, combos that can be linked together indefinately, if you know the moves, it's a bit slow, but the game play is fantastic as far as I'm concerned, although you have to actually spend some time with it and actually LEARN to play it!

Crystal Castles 2 would just be amazing, I love the original on the ST!

Alien vs Predator 2 would be a good idea. And definitely a "Ultra Vortek 2" with combo support!

...But in the end I would already be very happy with a Doom 2 or something like that for the Jaguar...

And I just wish it would be easier to release the new games on cart, then I would even be able to buy and enjoy them :-)

Cheers,

Just compare it to other fighters...the gameplay is really bad. The combo system sucks, the control sucks (unresponsive), collosion detection and camera are half-assed at best.

Hint: Just judge the game as it IS, its not wise to praise an obvouisly shitty game - its not a favour for the jag either.

But if FFL is your ONLY 3d Fighter youve EVER played since ages i could understand your sentiment somehow.

BattleSphere Gold

;-)

BattleSphere Gold

;-)

:D

Combat 3000 :)

with increased multiplayer (Jaglink and 4 on screen), diff terrains, levels that scroll. possibly a 3D version?

upgrades to the tanks, ability to adjust elivation of barrel to shoot over walls etc. LOADS of ideas for that..

something I DO plan to have a stab at doing in the future :)

Just compare it to other fighters...the gameplay is really bad. The combo system sucks, the control sucks (unresponsive), collosion detection and camera are half-assed at best.

Hint: Just judge the game as it IS, its not wise to praise an obvouisly shitty game - its not a favour for the jag either.

But if FFL is your ONLY 3d Fighter youve EVER played since ages i could understand your sentiment somehow.

Look dude, I was commenting on his statement because it sounded like he was saying that it was an incomplete game, not whether it's considered good or not by you. Obviously you suck at the game, because I can play it and pull off the moves just fine, with no control problems here...but I wasn't suggesting in any way that better games haven't been made since or that there weren't better games when it was released, just that I felt it was a game WITH gameplay. I think it's pretty good, and I am aware of better games too. (speaking of fighting games here) If you were actually good at the game and learned the moves and combos, you might realize that there is some fun to be had in it, it seems slow and unresponsive at first, but given time and practice, it can be quite fun.

But I just don't get what's with some of you jerks. Just because a Jag fan says that they hink a game is good that you don't like, does NOT mean that we think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread! Don't ASSUME anything.

Black Ice/White Noise COMPLETE

The alpha of this game is amazing, to have it completed would really be something on the Jaguar, right up there with Battlesphere....

Jason

Black Ice/White Noise COMPLETE

The alpha of this game is amazing, to have it completed would really be something on the Jaguar, right up there with Battlesphere....

Jason

Where is the Alpha of this availible? is it a download or a purchase? disc image or cart image?

I am dying to have a look at it, it sounds very interesting.