IGNORED

Sequelizing Jaguar

digitalpress

I really cut my teeth on FFL, but you cant force "fun", even if you work hard on it :P . FFL gameplay is just wrong, and that isnt my lack of competence like you have suggested but rather the lack or absence of fun when trying to play that game. Its fine that you feel so enthusiastic about sqeezing some fun out of a bad game, i really admire your persistence, I really do.

I'd like to see a sequel to battlemorph. It was a MAJOR improvement over cybermorph and probably could have been made even better the third time.

Maybe the new sequels to Myst wouldn't be bad ideas, either. The Jag version of Myst wasn't too bad (Looked better than the Sega Saturn version because the colors didn't look so washed out)

I really cut my teeth on FFL, but you cant force "fun", even if you work ####### it :P . FFL gameplay is just wrong, and that isnt my lack of competence like you have suggested but rather the lack or absence of fun when trying to play that game. Its fine that you feel so enthusiastic about sqeezing some fun out of a bad game, i really admire your persistence, I really do.

I didn't "squeeze some fun" out of it, it's fun to start with, even if it has some problems. Back when it first came out, EVERYONE I showed it to was VERY impressed with it for the most part (Saturn and PSX users), and we stayed up all night on several occasions holding tournaments. It was a BLAST. I hated Virtua fighter because it wasn't true 3D in the sense that you could move around where you wanted, it was just a 2D gameplay with a 3D engine, and it certainly didn't look any better, maybe slightly faster...Tohshindin was definately better, but I had a Jag, not a PSX, so I was very satisfied with FFL and so was everyone that played with me and learned the moves, we pulled off some VERY impressive combos and special moves and loved it. If you don't like it, fine, but I didn't have to force myself or anyone else to like it.

• 2 months later...
Yes, old thread, but --

After playing "Vid Grid" for the first time, I have to say that I'd love to see a sequel. How about Vid Grid 2K3 -- "unscramble Eminem!"

Or how about "Classic VidGrid" -- "do you really want to unscramble Boy George?"

I just finally decided to play this game last Sunday. I don't know why I put it off for so long but I regret it. Sure the game doesn't have much in terms of game play but the music videos are sweet. Atari must have paid a lot of money to get all those good bands music videos.

Yes, old thread, but --

After playing "Vid Grid" for the first time, I have to say that I'd love to see a sequel. How about Vid Grid 2K3 -- "unscramble Eminem!"

Or how about "Classic VidGrid" -- "do you really want to unscramble Boy George?"

I just finally decided to play this game last Sunday. I don't know why I put it off for so long but I regret it. Sure the game doesn't have much in terms of game play but the music videos are sweet. Atari must have paid a lot of money to get all those good bands music videos.

I agree! I wonder how easy it would be to make a sequel?

It would be great to have Iron Soldier 3 on the Jag, I've played it on PS1 and I believe it could have been ported over to the jag cd pretty well sans a lot of the textures. Another Jag game sequal I would like to see is Attack of the Mutant Penguins 2, with really huge levels and split screen mulitplayer support and randomly generated levels, maybe even a network ability if you wanted to not go split screen. :love:

hehe when I got my JagCD it wasn't working, so I had no idea what VidGrid was. Then I was reading the label and toying with the idea of fixing the Jag, when I saw the list of bands on the VidGrid box I got the motivation to fix the damn thing :) had to wait for parts but it was worth it :)

Yes, old thread, but --

I believe there were several sequels made for other platforms and I believe the code to make a Jaguar version was being worked on.

Highlander 2 and 3 for sure! The original Highlander was an excellent game. The controls are really not that hard to master as others make them out to be, I rather enjoyed the figter style combat system. Sure the character models could have looked better and no doubt they would of had in a sequel. I think the smooth animation and beautifully rendered backgrounds more than make up for the low model detail though.

Skyhammer SE. One that didn't freeze up, so that you could finish the game. There are also some other bugs with the number of enemies, enemy AI and the missions that need to be fixed.

Alien vs Predator CD, that was mentioned by Atari. I’d want a scantily clad Winona Ryder in it as well, since we had to wait so long for the game.

Raiden II. Close to arcade perfect port.

Finish up the Highlander Trilogy. Improved character models.

Wolfenstein 3D: Spear of Destiny. This game is already done, just needs to be ported to the Jag. I'd want bug free deathmatch and co-op as well.

Yes, old thread, but --

I believe there were several sequels made for other platforms and I believe the code to make a Jaguar version was being worked on.

Ya, Vid Grid was/is available for the PC. I remember seeing a Vid Grid Country Music version in stores, for the PC as well. It's too bad that we missed out on that one, I'm sure that could have moved some Jag CD systems. :roll: :D

Ya, Vid Grid was/is available for the PC.  I remember seeing a Vid Grid Country Music version in stores, for the PC as well.  It's too bad that we missed out on that one, I'm sure that could have moved some Jag CD systems. :roll:  :D

Vid Grid Country music version? Great! :D

Vid Grid Country music version? Great!  :D

Don't forget KidGrid *snigger*

Stone

I didn't realize so many folks were interested in the unreleased Vid Grid sequels....You never know...maybe we will all be able to play them soon.... :ponder:

Do you know something about it? :)

Stone

I didn't realize so many folks were interested in the unreleased Vid Grid sequels....You never know...maybe we will all be able to play them soon.... :ponder:

Well, I know Clint has been working on this at length. No promises, but there's a chance he may be able to release this through Ambient Distortions.....

Jason

Stone

Well, I know Clint has been working on this at length. No promises, but there's a chance he may be able to release this through Ambient Distortions.....

Jason

Oooh...more Aerosmith! :lust:

Sequels I wanted to see. Hmm...

Doom II, Final Doom. Heretic, Hexen.With the network errors eliminated. Any of them.

Adventure for the Jag.

A sequel of Jurassic park(SuperNES) for the Jag. Or a upgrade of this game for the Jag. Man that game was fun. I really liked it. I thought it would have been great to do for the Jag.

You know what. This is driving me nuts. All this talk we do about wishing and wanting. I got an idea. Let's kidnap Mr. Forhan and Thunderbird. Grab a couple more programmers. Maybe Synergy of TNG. He seems to know what he is talking about. Lock them in a basement and crack the whip. Feed them a little bowl of mashed potatoes or something every now and then if they do good work. Then we will get what we want.

JUST KIDDING FOLKS