IGNORED

Incognito board preoder

candle

updated list, please check if everything is as it should be

whoever haven't received payment details, please drop me a PM, if anyone who didn't pay yet would like to cancel his order (no explanations needed) just drop me a PM

whoever paid, waits ;)

this is VERY GOOD TIME FOR ANY FEATURE REQUEST, so, anyone?

i just hope Jon will receive his programmer soon and i can continue work on this one

anyways, features not concerning PBI functionality - this i can work on right now, aswell as BIOS code

Is there a comprehensive list of all current features?

see post 1

some features:

• 4 slots for OS separate for Colleen and XL/XE mode
  • 64k of FLASH for future GUI
  • 2 slots for BASIC/CARTRIDGE
  • build in, configurable PBI CF card storage (works as PBI in XL/XE mode, and through SDX driver in Colleen mode)
  • build in FAT32 loader (SIDE)
  • SDX
  • onboard RTC
  • 1MB Axlon compatible memory expansion for Colleen mode
  • 64k/320k/576/1088k total memory available in XL/XE mode
  • up to 52k of memory in Colleen mode (configurable)

so "some features" = all features?

this is VERY GOOD TIME FOR ANY FEATURE REQUEST, so, anyone?

Ok, about the only other improvement I would like to see in the Atari 8 bit would be improved serial port speed. I would like to access BBSs at faster than 19.2K.

Granted I don't think there is a term program on the Atari 8 that does faster than 19.2K, but at least have the hard ware in place for that to happen.

Don't hate me for asking, and feel free to give an immediate no. Would it be possible to emulate the Bit3 or Austin Franklin card? To give the machine at least 4 colours in 80 col mode?

Other than that, I really can't think of any other features needed.

it would be a no, but its not that i don't want to, but i simply don't have enough resources to simulate video hardware inside this board

even if i would resign from everything, it wouldn't fit

Cool. The board is absolutely everything I could hope for as is, so no worries.

Its really sad, I keep looking at the video myself of the board running, I'm just as excited as I would have been in the say seeing the old 800 doing something new and wonderful..

I love my old 800, I would use it more often but its just a standard 48K machine so lots of the unpackers etc need the extra, it sadly sits there begging me to use if for its rugged sturdy look and great keyboard but I have to betray it for the 800XL every time..

@Sebastian, would it be possible to have a shortcut key combo to switch between OS's in the current configuration (Colleen or XL / XE)?

Thinking that while in Colleen or XL / XE mode, you press 1-4, plus another key (Reset or other) to switch the active OS...

This could allow OMNIMON or The Impossible type emulation that is normally controlled by toggling a physical switch.

Maybe not a necessity, but in the nice to have category :)

Jay