IGNORED

Gauntlet Pre Order and Playable Demo

ziggystar

Isnt this dark chambers on 7800 ?

The games are similar, but far from identical. You can read about how both Gauntlet and Dark Chambers have their roots in an earlier game called Dandy here: http://en.wikipedia....dy_(video_game)

Edited by sdamon

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Character stats are completed. That is, the characters have different magic, hand to hand and fire power specs. Title screen lock up is fixed. Cartridge Parts are in. Rom is in final testing phase. There are only 6 pre-order slots left. If you want one, order it now. You know I won't be re-releasing it in any form any time soon. thanks

• Like 4

I'm not gonna lie...I haven't been this excited about a game since Adventure II and Castle Crisis. In a purely encouraging way not meaning to be rude....HURRY THE HELL UP!!!! ;)

Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

;-)

Edited by sdamon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Payment sent! #40 of 40 once again! What is it with this last number?! (ended up getting last #40 of 40 Eye of the Beholder Boxed Ed for the Lynx as well)...

Super excited for it! Haven't played the demo yet - want to experience it for the first time on the real deal! ^_^ Speaking of which, need to see how to fix the 'no-sound' issue on my 4-porter before Gauntlet arrives...

Are running that on PAL TV?

Payment sent! #40 of 40 once again! What is it with this last number?! (ended up getting last #40 of 40 Eye of the Beholder Boxed Ed for the Lynx as well)...

Super excited for it! Haven't played the demo yet - want to experience it for the first time on the real deal! ^_^ Speaking of which, need to see how to fix the 'no-sound' issue on my 4-porter before Gauntlet arrives...

Last time it was hooked up to a PAL tv yes. I had the Jag (NTSC) hooked up to it no problem but the 5200 was played like a silent movie. You think the r/f on PAL is the silent culprit? I assumed it was a faulty r/f box for the 4-porters...

From what I've read, 5200's don't seem to work right with PAL TV's, you might want to get an A/V mod for your 5200.

Edited by walter_J64bit

Last time it was hooked up to a PAL tv yes. I had the Jag (NTSC) hooked up to it no problem but the 5200 was played like a silent movie. You think the r/f on PAL is the silent culprit? I assumed it was a faulty r/f box for the 4-porters...

NTSC RF on PAL TVs have had sound issues from what I remember hearing in the past. I believe the sound carrier is at the wrong frequency for the PAL TV. You would likely need to do an AV mod to it or run it through a NTSC or multi system VCR to the TV.

Mitch

NTSC RF on PAL TVs have had sound issues from what I remember hearing in the past. I believe the sound carrier is at the wrong frequency for the PAL TV. You would likely need to do an AV mod to it or run it through a NTSC or multi system VCR to the TV.

Mitch

Hey Mitch, been a long time! :)

I remember you recommending me to get it modded for a/v but i didn't know anyone around here that does that (but i think i've just found someone...). On the other hand, that VCR workaround sounds great! I'll try that as soon as i dig my 5200 out of storage (and find my VCR :D ). Thank you guys for your help - much appreciated! Apologies for the slight thread derailment, but now, back to GAUNTLET... ;)

I tried the Demo on real hardware, and all I can say is it's utterly amazing! The scrolling is great and the recorded sounds are a nice touch. I can't hardly wait until the finished product arrives (payment sent around slot #35) :)