IGNORED

New guy saying hi......

evilevoix

Hey guys just joined today and looking to build my Jaguar collection and knowledge. I currently have 2 jags and a jag cd and doom, AVP, cybermorph. I am glad to see such a thriving community dedicated to the jag.

Back in the 90's I bought my jag for $50 and bought Rayman, power drive rally, tempest, Dino dudes checkered flag all brand new. In those days eb was liquidating their collection. Games were only $5 brand new!!!! I even got a brand new jag cd for $50 in a bargain bin. Those were the days.

Looking to build my collection again and I see you guys now make RGB cables so I need one of those.

Thanks again for having me and I hope I can contribute in the future.

Edited by evilevoix

Great to see more coming out of the woodwork!!

As for the vga portion, i think you'll have a hard time with that as the jag wont output to VGA, but i believe it will to a specific type of atari monitor that accepts composite sync?!? (someone correct me if im wrong)

Anyhow, it does look nice and crisp on an atari monitor however from what ive seen.

• Like 1

Yup. Some very old VGA monitors (like the NEC Multisync) and a few LCD monitors/projectors can handle 15 kHz RGB on their VGA input, but the majority cannot. If you want to use a Jaguar with any VGA monitor, what you need is a sync doubler or VGA box, not just a cable.

• Like 3

I made my own RGB cable with a VGA-type 15-pin connector at the end, specifically made for use with this device: http://www.ambery.com/rgbcgatovgac.html

I use it with my 21 inch VGA CRT monitor and my 150 inch LCD projector with VGA input. It works FANTASTIC, but does require you to make your own custom cable as the one the sell optionally are compatible with Commodore machines, not Atari, though they can be adapted if you know what you are doing.

• Like 1

I made my own RGB cable with a VGA-type 15-pin connector at the end, specifically made for use with this device: http://www.ambery.co...bcgatovgac.html

I use it with my 21 inch VGA CRT monitor and my 150 inch LCD projector with VGA input. It works FANTASTIC, but does require you to make your own custom cable as the one the sell optionally are compatible with Commodore machines, not Atari, though they can be adapted if you know what you are doing.

Cool device - I assume 50Hz/60Hz is not an issue with this device?

I made my own RGB cable with a VGA-type 15-pin connector at the end, specifically made for use with this device: http://www.ambery.com/rgbcgatovgac.html

I use it with my 21 inch VGA CRT monitor and my 150 inch LCD projector with VGA input. It works FANTASTIC, but does require you to make your own custom cable as the one the sell

optionally are compatible with Commodore

machines, not Atari, though they can be adapted if you know what you are doing.

Amazing, can you make me one??

I made my own RGB cable with a VGA-type 15-pin connector at the end, specifically made for use with this device: http://www.ambery.co...bcgatovgac.html

I use it with my 21 inch VGA CRT monitor and my 150 inch LCD projector with VGA input. It works FANTASTIC, but does require you to make your own custom cable as the one the sell

yes, I can make you a cable to go with that RGB-VGA converter box. I have everything I need to make one now, except for the edge connector and connector cover/case, that I can order from Digi-key electronics, with shipping it would cost about $15 and I'll charge you $10 for the parts I already have, plus shipping, so about $30 altogether (give or take $5). below is a picture of my cable. Of course if I make you one, it won't have the Atari labled edge-connector cover like mine, I took that from a broken Jaguar video cable. I'm sure the cover from digi-key would be similiar looking, but I have no idea what color it is off-hand, probably black or grey. I suppose I could make a scart style connector too, though I am curious why you would want scart if you are from New Jersey (Jerzy Shore).

post-149-0-79012400-1341349546_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gunstar

yes, I can make you a cable to go with that RGB-VGA converter box. I have everything I need to make one now, except for the edge connector and connector cover/case, that I can order from Digi-key electronics, with shipping it would cost about $15 and I'll charge you $10 for the parts I already have, plus shipping, so about $30 altogether (give or take $5). below is a picture of my cable. Of course if I make you one, it won't have the Atari labled edge-connector cover like mine, I took that from a broken Jaguar video cable. I'm sure the cover from digi-key would be similiar looking, but I have no idea what color it is off-hand, probably black or grey. I suppose I could make a scart style connector too, though I am curious why you would want scart if you are from New Jersey (Jerzy Shore).

I am a big Neo Geo fan and a guy on neo-geo.com made me a Jap21Pin RGB to Componet converter which I Use on my Model 1 Sega Genesis/32X/Sega CD and of course my AES. It looks AMAZING. This converter also has a VGA input as well so I am hoping it would work on that.

FYI this site said to use the NES RF over the Atari JAG RF and the results are ASTOUNDING, great info but I need that VGA converter please!!!

Here is my converter.

scarttoyuv1small.png

scarttoyuv2smaller.png

scarttoyuv4smaller.png

This board accepts any RGB signal via Jap21PIN RGB or VGA connector, then converts them to YUV (component video) unscaled and unproccessed for the purest conversion component video possible.

So if you can make me a cable that is compatable with my system lemy know, I'll review it too.

I am wondering if I could run the Dreamcast through that thing?

Thanks for posting!!!