Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Opening verse of 'The Tyger', William Blake 1794

40 colours

output_mod.png

drpeter_Tyger.xex 22.04 kB · 103 downloads

Good Lord!   Blew my mind  ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█▓▒░ E░X░C░E░L░L░E░N░T ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2021 at 6:27 PM, Beeblebrox said:

It's Saturday night TV/movie night :grin: Few images I've been working on. 

FYI XEX files individually posted at the end as well as a single zip with them all included, along with the JPGs too. (Images taken from Altirra)

Filename: Beeblebrox_Ghostgeisharobot2_18 --- 85 unique colours
Bit of those mildly disturbing Ghost in the Shell Geisha Robots. Really pleased with the overall image dispite the annoying errors which I gave up trying to process out.

Beeblebrox_Ghostgeisharobot2_18.thumb.jpg.47361c8d593ef52ecc430418af698ce2.jpg

Filename: Beeblebrox_Indiannajoneslastcrusadesm_7 --- 29 unique colours
Classic action blockbuster and the colours and definition hasn't turned out too bad.

Beeblebrox_Indiannajoneslastcrusadesm_7.thumb.jpg.120502f75f159f5e5727c413c7c046b1.jpg

Big Studio Ghibli fan so some images from Spirited Away for these next three images:

Filename: Beeblebrox_Spiritedawayhouse_8 --- 79 unique colours
Really please with how this turned out - love the colours

Beeblebrox_Spiritedawayhouse_8.thumb.jpg.05a88747de6568b2c0806dbbdffa794d.jpg

Filename: Beeblebrox_SpiritedawayStepssm_10 --- 70 unique colours
Managed to get the colours right here too - shading on steps not too shabby.

Beeblebrox_SpiritedawayStepssm_10.thumb.jpg.5e2f16e356d31b709102fb3056073cc1.jpg

Filename: Beeblebrox_spiritedawaygirlpigsm_5 --- 36 unique colours
Few minor errors but it stayed true to the source image colours

Beeblebrox_spiritedawaygirlpigsm_5.thumb.jpg.89e1f2726c8bed8699b41f382620e6af.jpg

I read most of Roald Dahl's amazing books growing up - (it's compulsory reading in the UK along with HHGTTG heh heh!:P) - gotta love em

BFG was one of the most read and the recent film did it justice, so couple of BFG images for ya:

Filename: Beeblebrox_BFGPortraitsm_12 ---  62 Unique colours
Few line errors but a nice warm blue colorset offsets the skin tones IMHO;-)

Beeblebrox_BFGPortraitsm_12.thumb.jpg.94c08185eebb6f869af1cab5b76eaa02.jpg

Filename: Beeblebrox_BFGSophiesm_20 --- 65 unique colours
My fav of the recent BFG themed images I've converted (oh, there is more!! :D) - Really pleased with the colours - despite the line errors and banding.

Beeblebrox_BFGSophiesm_20.thumb.jpg.f797702be34d652897b9b513ac67a2a3.jpg

Just for fun - some Snoopy:

Filename: Beeblebrox_Snoopyandwoodstock_2 --- 33 unique colours
Simple but I was very pleased to see how it turned out and weirdly this is one of my fav of late

Beeblebrox_Snoopyandwoodstock_2.thumb.jpg.f6d79c3d9ec322b490cf47e99ea68144.jpg

Filename: Beeblebrox_Bladerunnerstreet5sm_13 --- 100 unique colours
I always have a Bladerunner image on the go, (one of my fav films of all time). Few line errors but nice effect overall - and 100 colors too!

Beeblebrox_Bladerunnerstreet5sm_13.thumb.jpg.5323fc3e877100df06d8b4bb31666fc9.jpg

Filename: Beeblebrox_Raystarwarssunset2sm_7 --- 62 unique colours
Nice Star Wars "walking off into the desert sunset shot" here - sure it's a lil fuzzy with a few errors but overall effect quite pleasing and "sort of" adds to the lighting effect (least I think so :cool:).

Beeblebrox_Raystarwarssunset2sm_7.thumb.jpg.cb32ee1c6ebdb08e9dca5c9963d084de.jpg

Filename: Beeblebrox_Maleficentgreenpostersm_23 --- 65 unique colours
Spent quite a while trying to perfect this  - annoying banding I just couldn't shake but quite striking features and colours, so I decided to include it.

Beeblebrox_Maleficentgreenpostersm_23.thumb.jpg.f7951c75dce6f9d369d77ab6d4549cc6.jpg

Beeblebrox11picsandXEXs.zip 2.5 MB · 43 downloads Beeblebrox_BFGPortraitsm_12.xex 22.15 kB · 38 downloads Beeblebrox_BFGSophiesm_20.xex 22.09 kB · 39 downloads Beeblebrox_Bladerunnerstreet5sm_13.xex 22.06 kB · 39 downloads Beeblebrox_Ghostgeisharobot2_18.xex 22.06 kB · 28 downloads Beeblebrox_Indiannajoneslastcrusadesm_7.xex 21.98 kB · 63 downloads Beeblebrox_Maleficentgreenpostersm_23.xex 21.91 kB · 40 downloads Beeblebrox_Raystarwarssunset2sm_7.xex 22.07 kB · 52 downloads Beeblebrox_Snoopyandwoodstock_2.xex 22.29 kB · 46 downloads Beeblebrox_spiritedawaygirlpigsm_5.xex 22.04 kB · 41 downloads Beeblebrox_Spiritedawayhouse_8.xex 22 kB · 39 downloads Beeblebrox_SpiritedawayStepssm_10.xex 21.96 kB · 63 downloads

It's Saturday night TV/movie night :grin: Few images I've been working on. 

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█▓▒░ E░X░C░E░L░L░E░N░T ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

6 minutes ago, Atari8man2004 said:

I took sometime and browse about 50 pages of images  I must say there the best images I have ever seen on any 8bit and even some 16 bit machines.  Drpeter - Beeblebrox and mrfish and many others have made conversion an art form!  .  I must have downloaded over 100 images Thank You!!

Thanks. I did the same 2+years back when I got back on the A8 scene. (In fact RC was the main hook back into the Atari scene). I spent a week reading mainly this thread and downloading the excellent images of forum members like veteran RC user Gunstar, Amarok and of course RC creator ilmenit.

I have 1000s of images from others as well as my own in my collection. I think my signature has a link to some of my early ones. 

As are most RC addicts I am always pushing for the next RC conversion/image to really show just how good an image is possible on the A8. 

Definitely try conversions with masks, with a lot of preprep work on the source image, with and without pmgs, etc. Flip images horizontally and do conversions before and after. Do 320x200 letterbox conversions and also definitely use Sheddy's hpos tools as well as play around with slideshows. 

I definitely urge you to start on page 1 of this 10+yr old thread and download as many images as you can. :)

40 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Thanks. I did the same 2+years back when I got back on the A8 scene. (In fact RC was the main hook back into the Atari scene). I spent a week reading mainly this thread and downloading the excellent images of forum members like veteran RC user Gunstar, Amarok and of course RC creator ilmenit.

I have 1000s of images from others as well as my own in my collection. I think my signature has a link to some of my early ones. 

As are most RC addicts I am always pushing for the next RC conversion/image to really show just how good an image is possible on the A8. 

Definitely try conversions with masks, with a lot of preprep work on the source image, with and without pmgs, etc. Flip images horizontally and do conversions before and after. Do 320x200 letterbox conversions and also definitely use Sheddy's hpos tools as well as play around with slideshows. 

I definitely urge you to start on page 1 of this 10+yr old thread and download as many images as you can. :)

Do you have a link to " Sheddy's hpos tools " ?    I may have some free time tonight to try a mask on the tut I posted , BTW I like your image of " lowerdecks " space ship  Very cool sorry I didt'n hit the like button my phone rang and I lost track of what I was doing . I see you have did  many many conversions .

Edited by Atari8man2004

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Check the thread for the post I made with a single ZIP archive of all the images.  I still keep up with the thread and download everything so if someone wants a fresh copy of the archive, just let me know.

Posting this now since a lot of new ones were added since my last.  Archive contains 2,287 images.  Perhaps I should host this on GitHub to make change tracking easier for folks.

Rasta Conversions.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Posting this now since a lot of new ones were added since my last.  Archive contains 2,287 images.  Perhaps I should host this on GitHub to make change tracking easier for folks.

Rasta Conversions.zip 29.18 MB · 0 downloads

OMG!!  Thanks for posting.  I will enjoy checking them out and theres a lot to checkout !! 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Atari8man2004 said:

Do you have a link to " Sheddy's hpos tools " ?    I may have some free time tonight to try a mask on the tut I posted , BTW I like your image of " lowerdecks " space ship  Very cool sorry I didt'n hit the like button my phone rang and I lost track of what I was doing . I see you have did  many many conversions .

No worries. 

See here as I explain how Sheddy's Hpos error removal tool works Iirc, and there is a link to Sheddy's 3.3 version in there also. Sheddy is working on 3.4 which he alluded to a couple of weeks ago. Gonna have some enhancements. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Rasta Conversions.zip 29.18 MB · 1 download

Thanks for that. A lot of great stuff in there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Atari8man2004, I am really impressed with your conversions!

I like your sense and taste in terms of choosing a topic for conversion. You do well with dithering and the final images have almost no artifacts. My favorites are Owl, Golden Chalice, Medusa and RT Reflections.

Thank you very much for your contribution to my favorite thread on AtariAge :).

• Like 2

@Stephen just been randomly going through the images in that zip.Some forgotten favourites in there, but also quite a few I've not seen before from the RC thread regulars so it's fantastic you have been downloading them. :)

I've found some in there that are mine but weren't prefixed with my name so that must have been my ommission at the time. My bad. 

I'll find time to look at all of them in there at some stage in November as there will be several I'll want to add to my favourites folder. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beeblebrox said:

@Stephen just been randomly going through the images in that zip.Some forgotten favourites in there, but also quite a few I've not seen before from the RC thread regulars so it's fantastic you have been downloading them. :)

I've found some in there that are mine but weren't prefixed with my name so that must have been my ommission at the time. My bad. 

I'll find time to look at all of them in there at some stage in November as there will be several I'll want to add to my favourites folder. :)

Yeah - they are not all named properly, but no way would I attempt to go back and fix that.  I do have a GitHub account, so if anyone has suggestions on how you would like me to create and of course share a repo for these, let me know and I'll get them added there so everyone can keep their collections updated.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Yeah - they are not all named properly, but no way would I attempt to go back and fix that.  I do have a GitHub account, so if anyone has suggestions on how you would like me to create and of course share a repo for these, let me know and I'll get them added there so everyone can keep their collections updated.

Heh heh, wouldn't dream of asking you to go back and sort names. :)Nah, I was just mentioning it in passing that I'd noticed forgotten to prefix some of mine. Ce la Vie. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 10:45 AM, Atari8man2004 said:

Conversion gone wrong - I was up very late and started this conversion not taking into account the picture size, the picture looked awesome  and I wanted to see this on the Atari.  Here it is in all of it's glory .  I may crop it and redo it .

Atari8man_Raytrace_3.png

Atari8man_Raytrace_3.xex 16.91 kB · 13 downloads

I like the wide landscape look it just dosen't fill the screen cropping it takes away from the image.  When they enhanced International Karate the new background are wide and left lots of space for the games area very clever.   BTW the new backrounds for International Karate are awesome.

Edited by Atari8man2004

6 hours ago, Atari8man2004 said:

I like the wide landscape look it just dosen't fill the screen cropping it takes away from the image.

It'd be nice if RastaConverter supported Atari wide and narrow screen modes. Obviously, wide mode would take some processing power; narrow mode, on the other hand would afford some extra, and there are plenty of cases where narrow mode is sufficient for certain images.

• Like 2

Narrow mode would likely introduce the disadvantage that masking COLBAK changes would be less effective.  Use more PMs and it takes away with what extra can be in the picture.

Wide mode - if you have HSCROL with value 0E then the playfield DMA should only fetch 44 bytes which is 4 more than normal.

PM objects could be omitted for masking and dedicated for the display since a 4:3 display should have overscan areas.

• Like 1