IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

But... but... *I* wanted to do the Android!

So I countered with some effort inside of Photoshop and G2F, and created yet another version of it.

Feel free to do the Starship trooper and Babylon 5 requests, as I'm bored of sci-fi again for now and am doing more landscapes. I'll get 'round to them if no one else does...

Too many hours waiting on, staring at and adjusting and re-attempting images of a similar genre gets old to for me personally, I have to mix things up every half-dozen or so...I've got about a half-dozen forest landscape sub-genre I'm working on now.

Except for requests, what is coming from me next is based on a subject matter search on a search engine, and then I'll pick a dozen or so I like from the results, so I often have multiple pictures of one genre or similar subject matter and then move on to something else.

Edited by Gunstar

If anyone has general requests on a type of subject matter I haven't done, or more of a type I have, let me know. I'm often sitting wondering what to look for next anyway. But I prefer choosing the specific images, it makes me more interested and maybe willing to stick with something striving for just a little bit better...but I will convert specific images provided by people too (good enough just might occur sooner, if it's an image I don't care for). Maybe it would be better to PM me for that rather than filling the thread with original images. At least in posts without the converted image too. I'll post the original with the converted .png and .xex's if the person providing the images asks, otherwise it will just be as usual: Title, color count, .png, .xex.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Feel free to do the Starship trooper and Babylon 5 requests, as I'm bored of sci-fi again for now and am doing more landscapes. I'll get 'round to them if no one else does...

I never really watched Starship Troopers. Babylon 5, however...

I've staged seven candidate images to work on and choose through. :)

• Like 1

I'm still doing forest-scapes, but this Bengal Tiger was one I did a while back and have been on the fence about releasing or re-attempting for even better results, but looking at it again I decided to release it.

Forest Path. 53 colors.

Bengal Tiger. 93 colors.

Konni Forest. 60 colors.

post-149-0-75872500-1519318492.png

ForestPath.xex

post-149-0-04985800-1519318560.png

BengalTiger.xex

post-149-0-57806800-1519318846.png

KonniForest.xex

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 13

Gunstar: Could you post me the original files for those forest scenes and the Bengal tigers? I want to ICE them up ... :)

Sure, I know I have the originals of the forests, because I just did them, I'll have to check and see about the tiger, I eventually clear out many picture files so I don't have to scroll through so many. I do still have the 320x240 source image of the tiger for sure, but I don't know about the original HD image. I'm not familiar with ICE though, what is that? Is that a PC utility like G2F or is that another software graphic mode like HIP or TIP?

Oh, and are you requesting ALL the forest scenes or just the two posted with the tiger?

Edited by Gunstar

ICE - Interlace Character Editor ... a series of experiments I have been doing, rendering pictures in character flip modes similar to Super IRG. Most of these mix Graphics 10 or Graphics 9 with Antic 4. They do flicker, but I've gotten some good results too.

I started a thread awhile ago with these experiments:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/188370-doing-pictures-using-super-irg-2-and-other-ice-modes/?p=3179240

If you could zip up all the forest and tiger scenes and PM them to me I'd appreciate it. I'm curious as to how they will turn out. 320 pixel resolution would be perfect.

• Like 1

Right, they do look spectacular. They must be Amiga pics. :-) Too bad they were not on a demo disk, say in 1982.

Jay Miner's AMIGAjr. It blows away the PCjr. ;)

Edited by Gunstar

Lion picture. Not sure how many colours.

attachicon.gifsnicklin_lion.png

attachicon.gifsnicklin_lion.xex

Very low inaccuracy, distance score of 0.97, not using any special filters or other options.

Around 300M evaluations with 100000 solutions.

Very nice image Steve. Could you please make a 240 pixel high image (fullscreen)?