IGNORED

New season starts this Sunday!

Austin

I'll see if I can get somebody get an early scores for the first round at VGS saturday (if thats ok with you)

That's fine. Just make sure you've got some pics if there are some ridiculously awesome times. :P

I'll make sure if we do it would either be clay or astro doing it I won't be playing this time unless Iget somebody help me run

the entrance table.

• Like 1

Whoa! I just tried Checkered Flag...that car really moves and I'm going every which way on the track. I originally set the lap to 1, but then I found my time disappeared too quick, so I set it for 2 laps and just quit racing after 1.

So just to be straight, we just want the fastest lap we run for a high score, right? We're not actually racing a multi-lap race...

Whoa! I just tried Checkered Flag...that car really moves and I'm going every which way on the track. I originally set the lap to 1, but then I found my time disappeared too quick, so I set it for 2 laps and just quit racing after 1.

So just to be straight, we just want the fastest lap we run for a high score, right? We're not actually racing a multi-lap race...

Right. My suggestion is setting it to 99 laps. If I remember correctly, the game should constantly display your best lap as you play. So play until you're worn out, and jot down your best time here.

I am finally going to get into the HSC. Luckily, even though CF controls can be frustrating, due to the music and cool graphics, I stuck with it and am a master. I predict this round is ALL MINE! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! :spidey:

I didn't think anybody actually enjoyed Checkered Flag.. even back when it came out in 1994.. you had good games like Virtua Racing! Even on the Genesis.. but the 32X version was actually good.

From what I remember the only real problem I had with CF was the low end model they used in game. The models used in the menu were sweet and should of been used throughout. I guess I also remember thinking the controls were off, but I did get use to them. Also I have Virtua Racing for the Genesis,32x and Saturn but would rather play XJ220 on the Sega CD or Need for Speed on the 3do.

Edited by twoquickcapri

Well, I don't plan on playing much this season, if at all, but this game I certainly will not be playing simply for the fact that I no longer have a copy of it.

the controls are horrid.. so much oversteer it ridiculous, coupled with the abysmal framerate make it near unplayable.. or at least not any fun to play.

These are basically my sentiments. The general consensous is that this game blows chunks, but there are a very small handful of people that managed to enjoy this game (GKC was one of them--not sure what happened to him, I think he rocked in one of the past CF rounds).

I am finally going to get into the HSC. Luckily, even though CF controls can be frustrating, due to the music and cool graphics, I stuck with it and am a master. I predict this round is ALL MINE! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! :spidey:

Glad to see you will be joining up! :)

I'd probably give it a couple plays just to get a score in, but not sure what i'll have time for this season. I had fun playing through the 2nd half of last season but now i'll have to be more picky with my time spent as I'm planning for a big move during the next couple months. Hopefully i'll get in some scores though, but just actually put the jag away in favor of the Genesis / Sega CD :)

• Like 1