IGNORED

Rainbow 2.0 Atari 400/800XL/130XE/5200 Emulator released

C++ libs: Not looked into this, it may be possible to bundle them with the app.

As for direction of Rainbow, I'm aiming it at those who want a bit of nostalgia and a quick blast on Star Raiders or Donkey Kong, nothing more. So I will look getting more titles to work with it, improving things like sound and video glitches. Perhaps look at the other data formats like ATX or CAR.

I use a lot of open source free programs that are basically coded and maintained by individuals. If a person has a "tip jar" or a donate button on their web page I will certainly make a contribution, especially if the program is one of my main tools I use a lot. I would like to recommend any of our Atari coders to do the same, as I would like to support your efforts with some change. ;-)

Mike

This might be a no-be question, but what platforms does the Rainbow emulator run on.

I normally run a version of linux and run the Altirra emulator using wine.

The problems with compiling the emulators for linux usually revolve around suppor files that are specific to Windows and breaks trying to compile them under linux.

Of all the emulators I have, the one that seems to have better DOS cross platform support in reading and writing files seems to be the Atari ++ emulator with the built in FTe DOS that will actually read both SpartaDOS and MyDOS disks.

And for use with SIO2PC, I find that Aspeqt is better than Ape in it's ability to load a directory as a disk image!

If Ape has that function, I have missed seeing it.