IGNORED

Which cart am I?

bomberpunk

I had considered Mario Brothers yesterday, mainly based on the clue : "feature these now-ubiquitous enemies", but I didn't see how the other clues tied in I guess.

Yeah, I really thought this referred to bosses, which fit Kung Fu Master as well as the "control" bit, which was emphasized in the manual. I dont really feel too good about Mario Bros.

I had considered Mario Brothers yesterday, mainly based on the clue : "feature these now-ubiquitous enemies", but I didn't see how the other clues tied in I guess.

Yeah, I really thought this referred to bosses, which fit Kung Fu Master as well as the "control" bit, which was emphasized in the manual. I dont really feel too good about Mario Bros.

I was thinking bosses too.

Not Mario Bros. or any of the guesses so far. Note that clue #4 is somewhat speculative, and based on someone else's claim. In fact I'm quite sure that an earlier, turn-based computer game used this enemy, but I'm unaware of an earlier use of this enemy by name in a console or arcade game.

Clue #2 is actually a big hint -- it's not just a generic description of a game with questionable control. (Though this game does have questionable controls.)

Pac Man?

I'd wondered about that because of clue 1 and 4 (since I'd never heard of the Pac-Man enemies referred to as "ghosts" until the 2600 version), but nothing else fits.

A recap, since this is spanning two pages now:

1) Blue and floaty? I thought they were white and hungry.

2) Control can make or break a game...if you know what I mean.

3) Under the right circumstances, this game can reveal if you're a jerk.

4) Some have claimed this was the first videogame (or console game, action game, etc.) to feature these now-ubiquitous enemies, or at least to name them as such. (Certainly, it's one of the earliest.)

5) That's one heck of a mustache, mister! Too bad we can't see it at that resolution (or much else about you, really).

Edited by Nathan Strum