IGNORED

Wii U Questions

Metal Ghost

If it's anything like the Wii, and finding one for the first year is impossible, then I'll have no choice but to do without. I've got too much going on in my life now to chase a video game console. Otherwise, I'll probably wait about a year and grab it when a bunch of games I like have been released.

Then again, if I happen to see one on the shelf a week after launch, and have a little extra scratch in my pocket, I might just give in to the "What the hell..." voice. :evil:

Wii controllers are definitely supposed to work.

Whew.....maybe I can save a buck or two then if I ever get the system.

Sure, but I have to think there would be some gimmick to compel current Wii users to buy new controllers.

Otherwise, the three controllers I've already bought for the Wii let me deduct $150 from the price of the Wii-U, and that's not even factoring in Nunchuks. With those at $20 a pop, the Wii-U would be very close to free.

Wii controllers are definitely supposed to work.

Whew.....maybe I can save a buck or two then if I ever get the system.

Sure, but I have to think there would be some gimmick to compel current Wii users to buy new controllers.

Otherwise, the three controllers I've already bought for the Wii let me deduct $150 from the price of the Wii-U, and that's not even factoring in Nunchuks. With those at $20 a pop, the Wii-U would be very close to free.

Exactly and that' s my fear too. I spent so much on the Wii's controllers and accessories its crazy.

So I'm not sold on the Wii U as of yet...

For some of you that are, what's your main reasoning?

Kinda still in love with the Wii, personally.

There ya go. If you're liking the Wii, the Wii U is going to be more of the same. Hopefully, maybe even a little better. If you're not liking the Wii now, well, the Wii U is still likely to be more of the same, so dust off those old "Gamecube 1.5" jokes!

Wii 1.5 or Gamecube 2.0? I feel a poll coming on... :P

So long as the rumored price point of $250-$350 is correct I expect that I'd be picking it up (or trying to) on launch day. Nintendo has a pretty solid launch/launch window of games scheduled for release. Ive held off on Darksiders 2 and Batman AC on the current consoles to pick up on the wii u. Aliens CM is looking pretty good and Rayman Legends is a Wii u exclusive. Plus all the Nintendo games which rarely disappoint. I have no idea what the next Xbox or ps4 will bring but if the next generation is anything like this one was for me I'll end up owning all 3 at some point anyway so I may as well start with the Wii u. ;)

Edited by GKC

I'm not disappointed in current gen, I just like being an early adopter. Perhaps though this perceived jadedness or dissappintment stems from the extended length of this gen? Then the people jaded by this gen supporting the next gen so early makes more sense.

"Supporting at launch is tantamount to being a guinea pig, at full price taboot."

I read that ^ somewhere... seems kinda harsh, but on point at the same time.

On point? I didn't realize you had a point? Your comment was that you didn't understand people buying next gen systems when they are jaded by this generation. I offered that my support doesn't come from being dissappintment in this gen but, rather, liking to be an early adopter.

"Supporting at launch is tantamount to being a guinea pig, at full price taboot."

On point? I didn't realize you had a point? Your comment was that you didn't understand people buying next gen systems when they are jaded by this generation. I offered that my support doesn't come from being dissappintment in this gen but, rather, liking to be an early adopter.

The point was that early adopters are willing to wade through the mud when they don't have to...

The point was that early adopters are willing to wade through the mud when they don't have to...

Really? My mistake. I thought you were confused by people buying new systems when they were jaded by this gen.

What surprises me is that so many are disappointed/jaded with the current affairs of todayGen Gaming, yet they're still willing to support companies at launch.

I don't get it.

I didn't realize you were looking to debate the risks/rewards of being an early adopter, since you didn't say anything of the kind, but you seem to be a person that really likes to argue and I'm not such a person so I won't be arguing with you about.

• Like 2