IGNORED

new 32X owner

atari2600land

By the way, I was in my local retro store on Friday and they had Metal Head for ten bucks so I nabbed it. I haven't had much time to play it, I tested it and it works just fine, but was ten bucks a good price?

I thought I read somewhere that Metal Head was rare? Or is that T-Mek?

Metal Head is pretty common. T-Mek is the rare one.

Was playing Space Harrier tonight and it occurred to me a port of "OutRun" was what the 32X REALLY needed.

• Like 1

Not really rare when its on Amazon for $14 http://www.amazon.co...8540580&sr=8-69

Way better price than what it usually brings on eBay. Snap up a copy if you don't already own it. It was one of the later Atari arcade ports, along with Primal Rage. Of the two, T-Mek is the more rare, and both are more rare than Metal Head.

Edited by LynxVGL

Hey, thanks for posting that link. I didn't buy the $14 one, but did snag a CIB copy that was up there for just $25. It arrived today and looks great!

You're welcome.

The first 3 games I bought for the 32x are star wars, cosmic carnage, metal head. next pay I'm definitely getting 3 more. Shadow squadron is on the list, the jury is still out about t-mek.

You're welcome.

The first 3 games I bought for the 32x are star wars, cosmic carnage, metal head. next pay I'm definitely getting 3 more. Shadow squadron is on the list, the jury is still out about t-mek.

Shadow Squadron is great. One of the things I love about the 32X are the flat shaded poly games. I really love the look of those games. Texture mapping is over-rated (HA!). The clean look of Shadow Squadron, Virtua-Racer, Virtua-Fighter & Star Wars Arcade is great. Part of me wonders if Metal Head has stuck with flat shading and not used texture mapping, would it have had a better frame rate? One can only wonder...

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Shadow Squadron (Stellar Assault) it is my favourite 32X game and recommended if you into that space pilot sort of thing, other games have already been mentioned -Blackthorne,Doom,Kolibri and T-Mek.I found personally that T-Mek plays better than it looks and Metal Head the Reverse but that is just my opinion,if you like arcade games like me then i found that After Burner Complete,Space Harrier and Virtua Racing Deluxe will plug that gap nicely. (i am not a Virtua Fighter fan).

My biggest disappointment was Star Wars i am afraid,if you play that then Shadow Squadron straight after the difference in play ability is obvious.

Edited by R.O.T.S

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've expanded my library to a whopping 11 games. T-Mek was well worth what I traded for it. It would have cost me $24 if I'd purchased it outright. Of the games I've played, IMO the 32X versions rock all over their Saturn counterparts. That's primarily due to the lack of load times.

I've been getting some enjoyment out of Mortal Kombat II, Virtua Racing, and Space Harrier. When I loaded up Space Harrier on my Game Gear (via the Master Gear), I was not impressed. The 32X version did officially impress me.

What's up with that? Can you share some more details? I just sold my lot of 32X boxes on Marketplace (originals.)

Most DarXide carts on eBay are all repros, ESPECIALLY if they claim to work on US/NTSC systems... those are repros of the hacked rom. The last sale of DarXide I saw listed had the fact that they were repros in small print embedded toward the bottom of the list. If you just casually looked at the top of the listing, you might think they were real.