IGNORED

Godzilla is my Copilot's Collection

I thought it was high time I shared my game collection. I'll post My systems once I get them arranged the way I want (waiting on a one to arrive.)

The vast majority of the cases are customs that I sell as BudgetGameCases.com, many of which are original (such as the Kagero cover.) Let me know if you have any questions. :_)

1a4h7l.jpg

wXxsIl.jpg

0J0Ddl.jpg

oGWM8l.jpg

JGn9gl.jpg

• Like 1

How much do you sell the cases for?

These types of cases when purchased in bulk average a buck or two. Guys like this buy them at said price, and then turn around and usually ask anywhere from $5-20/ea for said cases. This guy isn't as bad as some of the clowns on Ebay, but these prices are still way above market value.

On the site,

These types of cases when purchased in bulk average a buck or two. Guys like this buy them at said price, and then turn around and usually ask anywhere from $5-20/ea for said cases. This guy isn't as bad as some of the clowns on Ebay, but these prices are still way above market value.

On the site, the max you'll pay is $7 shipped, and the lowest is $5 shipped for UGCs. Larger orders (above ten), I'm really flexible. There are other vendors that go as high as $10 or $11 per case. All I'm looking to recoup is the cost of shipping, ink, and paper (and a little for my time/effort).

I would like to make it absolutely clear that I'm very transparent with what I am doing, and I encourage people to make their own cases on the site. Some folks don't want to be bothered with modding the cases, and I respect that. I'm selling the service of puting the cases together, not promoting myself as a source of the cases themselves.

That's why I named the business BudgetGameCases - The other vendors that I found would have cost me over $350 to case my entire collection - that's ridiculous. I just wanted to give other people in my position another option, IF they don't want to make their own cases.

Also, a lot of the covers I have, I had to make myself - try getting a quick turnaround on that from anywhere else. I'm not looking to make a fortune - just a small difference for someone that wants the help..

In the interests of transparency, here's where I buy my UGCs.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my Atari 7800 Jr. came today.:

QeT2Rl.jpg

Waiting on my family's ColecoVision to arrive, then I have to acquire a Vader 2600, and I'm probably set on consoles.

Edited by GodzillaIsMyCopilot

On the site,

On the site, the max you'll pay is $7 shipped, and the lowest is $5 shipped for UGCs. Larger orders (above ten), I'm really flexible. There are other vendors that go as high as $10 or $11 per case. All I'm looking to recoup is the cost of shipping, ink, and paper (and a little for my time/effort).

I would like to make it absolutely clear that I'm very transparent with what I am doing, and I encourage people to make their own cases on the site. Some folks don't want to be bothered with modding the cases, and I respect that. I'm selling the service of puting the cases together, not promoting myself as a source of the cases themselves.

That's why I named the business BudgetGameCases - The other vendors that I found would have cost me over $350 to case my entire collection - that's ridiculous. I just wanted to give other people in my position another option, IF they don't want to make their own cases.

Also, a lot of the covers I have, I had to make myself - try getting a quick turnaround on that from anywhere else. I'm not looking to make a fortune - just a small difference for someone that wants the help..

Fair enough

According to the link you posted, that comes to $2.38/case... that site is making a little over a buck a case. It costs around $1-2/case to have these manufactured, so that's not a bad price directly from them... they're not adding too much on top which is solid.

I'm sure it's a looooot of time spent finding assets for starters, and then going through the process of printing everything out, fitting it to the cases/etc... not sure how to put a price on that... but at your prices, Casing my Collection would be prohibitive.

For example, I have well over 130 for my Genny library alone, similar for SNES/etc/etc... what is $130 x $7 = lol... that's $910 for 130 cases. Yeeeeeaaaah... I think I'll be able to put those together myself, for a fraction of the cost.

Time is money though, but this is something that should be done by the Collector imho.

What's the point of a DIY project if you pay someone else to do it.... :thumbsup: :D

(makes zero sense)

Well, on my site, it lists them per case. When I chenged the cart structure, I forgot to ad the bulk pricing. Good catch. On the site, if you ordered without contacting me, it'd work out to $5/case. For an order like that, I wouldn't charge you more than $4/case. That's why I have a custom order form. ;)

That said, I agree with you on the large collections like that. If someone came along wanting to do that, I'd help out, but, I wouldn't gouge.

Well, on my site, it lists them per case. When I chenged the cart structure, I forgot to ad the bulk pricing. Good catch. On the site, if you ordered without contacting me, it'd work out to $5/case. For an order like that, I wouldn't charge you more than $4/case. That's why I have a custom order form. ;)

That said, I agree with you on the large collections like that. If someone came along wanting to do that, I'd help out, but, I wouldn't gouge.

Heck, at $4/case, including your time to print out the graphic insert, and put it all together... that's basically $2/case for your time to do the graphic insert/etc "work"... and that is not a bad deal tbch... that's actually pretty fair. $2/pop... that's a lot of time. I'd much rather do it myself though, it's a DIY project for a reason imho. :) But all the more power to you for offering your time/services at such a cheap rate... after thinking about it, $2/pop is a pretty good deal actually, 'especially' for people who simply don't have the time.

I would reply to my last statement (though) with - if one doesn't have the time, then why are they collecting... but I guess that's for another convo. :D

I just looked again, are you seriously missing Mega Man 5 and 6????

:-o

Yeah, cost prohibitive. I can make the cases, though. LMAO

What are they going for these days? (loose, vg-nm Label, clean cart overall)

I paid around $20-30 for 5, and same for 6... I believe... grabbed 'em back in early '10.

I paid around $20-30 for 5, and same for 6... I believe... grabbed 'em back in early '10.

MM5 fetches in upwards of $30, and MM6 can command a $60 price tag. ><

I'll eventually get them, but, yeeeesh.

Heck, at $4/case, including your time to print out the graphic insert, and put it all together... that's basically $2/case for your time to do the graphic insert/etc "work"... and that is not a bad deal tbch... that's actually pretty fair. $2/pop... that's a lot of time. I'd much rather do it myself though, it's a DIY project for a reason imho. :) But all the more power to you for offering your time/services at such a cheap rate... after thinking about it, $2/pop is a pretty good deal actually, 'especially' for people who simply don't have the time.

I would reply to my last statement (though) with - if one doesn't have the time, then why are they collecting... but I guess that's for another convo. :D

Sorry, didn't see this before. That's exactly the understanding I'm looking for - I have absolutely NO desire to unfairly profit here. One part of modding UGCs that most people don;t factor in is the physical pain. I bruised my hand pretty bad with my end nippers on the first 80 or so. Using a Dremel can ruin cases pretty quick, if you aren't careful.

Some folks buy CIB for display purposes, adding 100-1000% cost on their collecting budget, which I have never understood.

I truly appreciate the open discussion here - it really means a lot. Thanks!

MM5 fetches in upwards of $30, and MM6 can command a $60 price tag. ><

I'll eventually get them, but, yeeeesh.

$30 is fair for that MM, but $60 for a MM game... wow

Game Speculation is destroying todays prices. :-o

Sorry, didn't see this before. That's exactly the understanding I'm looking for - I have absolutely NO desire to unfairly profit here. One part of modding UGCs that most people don;t factor in is the physical pain. I bruised my hand pretty bad with my end nippers on the first 80 or so. Using a Dremel can ruin cases pretty quick, if you aren't careful.

Some folks buy CIB for display purposes, adding 100-1000% cost on their collecting budget, which I have never understood.

I truly appreciate the open discussion here - it really means a lot. Thanks!

No worries, for sure... for sure. I'm right there with you :D - that's why I thought 2 bucks a pop for that kinda effort/time is definitely not a bad number... and I feel that most would agree with that.

Well... for most systems, it's financially feasible to do so... for NES/SNES/Game Boy/Game Boy Color games, 9/10... it makes no sense what people ask for those games, cib. Sealed, lol..... for example, there is a guy on this board that thinks a sealed Super Mario Bros. for the NES is worth a K. Lol... I told him, good luck there with your hand out :P

No problem, keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure some will appreciate it. I apologize if my message came off as hostile... I come off like an asshole 9/10 when in reality, I'm a pretty nice guy... albeit extremely passionate about the things I believe in. Thanks for not taking what I said the wrong way.

:rockon:

:)

• Like 1