35 members have voted

1. 1. Pre-Ordered?

• Yes, a Basic White.
    • Yes, a Deluxe Black
    • No, but plan on getting a Basic White
    • No, but plan on getting a Deluxe Black
    • No, the Wii U isn't my cup of tea

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Just curious, who pre-ordered (or plans to) the Wii U? I went to pre-order a Deluxe set, or whatever they call the black one, at Gamestop and they were sold out. Best Buy had ones available though. So, come November I'll have it. I really wasn't impressed at all untl the conference. Combined with my new found love of the original Wii, I think I'll have a good time with this.

At the very least, letting my wife be able to watch TV while I play on the Wii U tablet, is worth the price of admission alone.

I preordered the black one, along with Super Mario and Zombi U. Mario in 720p and HDMI is going to look eye-meltingly awesome.

I also have a new found love of the wii so this just seemed like an obvious choice. The backwards compatibility and stuff like the tv features sealed the deal. At this point in my gaming career I want different experiences and Nintendo is offering them. Except for maybe adding a 3DS, this will probably be my sole "next gen" console for the next several years.

Edited by xg4bx

I haven't ordered games as I don't know when they're coming out. I'm interested in Tekken, Rayman, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed, and that's about it for now. Still need to look at more footage.

Btw, according to an article I just read, not only is gamestop sold out, but so is Target and Best Buy as of today. I'm REALLY glad I got mine at Best Buy before they sold out. Can't believe these are gone in one day. Crazy.

Edited by DaytonaUSA
  • Like 1

I haven't ordered games as I don't know when they're coming out. I'm interested in Tekken, Rayman, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed, and that's about it for now. Still need to look at more footage.

Btw, according to an article I just read, not only is gamestop sold out, but so is Target and Best Buy as of today. I'm REALLY glad I got mine at Best Buy before they sold out. Can't believe these are gone in one day. Crazy.

Here are the games that will be available on day 1-

• Assassin's Creed III
  • Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Darksiders II
  • Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Twodisney
  • ESPN Sports Connection
  • Game Party Champions
  • Just Dance 4
  • Madden NFL 13
  • Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
  • Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
  • NBA 2K13
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Nintendo Land
  • Rabbids Land
  • Rayman Legends
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Transformers Prime
  • Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013
  • ZombiU

The sonic racing looks pretty cool and it's only going to be $40. there's a few throwaway titles on there but imo it looks like a pretty solid lineup.

Oh btw, I've heard conflicting reports. Will Madden 13 use the new graphics engine on the WIi U, or no? I don't care about the missing modes. I don't play anything but quick match anyway with these sorts of games.

according to this, no-

"The Infinity Engine that redefines the game’s physics on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3? MIA. That means what you’re playing are the tired old tackles and movements of “Madden 12” while the older systems get the groundbreaking goodness of Infinity. Also left off the features list are popular modes like Madden Ultimate Team and Online Team Play. "

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/1471/madden-nfl-13-wii-u-qa

according to this, no-

"The Infinity Engine that redefines the game’s physics on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3? MIA. That means what you’re playing are the tired old tackles and movements of “Madden 12” while the older systems get the groundbreaking goodness of Infinity. Also left off the features list are popular modes like Madden Ultimate Team and Online Team Play. "

http://espn.go.com/b...nfl-13-wii-u-qa

We'll see when they do reviews on it. Though it wouldn't be surprising, 360, Vita, 3DS, etc's launch Madden games always suck horribly. Maybe they shouldn't whip these games up last minute.

Who got the Basic White? Just curious... was it because that was all you could find, or because you wanted the white version?

I did and because it was all I could find. I did originally wanted the premium version, but this way I can put the extra $50 or so towards another game. Gamestop said if the premium versions were available to pre-order again, they'd call the people who pre-ordered the basic versions first to see if we'd want to change. I think I'll stick with the basic though. I figure I can always get flash cards or usb drives for storage. Nintendo Land didn't really interest me too much and the stands I can do without really.

If I had more money to spend I would get the premium version because I still think it is a good value. In the end I'd rather have ZombiU and a different game besides Nintendo Land, and I have awhile to decide to get Rayman Legends, Assassins Creed 3, CoD BO2, or Batman Arkham City for a second game. I'm not exactly sure if ZombiU has multiplayer for sure, I think it does, or how it works, but I would like to have at least one game to try out Nintendo's online gaming.

I'm pretty excited about this launch. This will be my first pre-order console ever. Even if I wasn't pre-ordering it, I think I'd still be excited. November can't come soon enough.

• Like 2

I did and because it was all I could find. I did originally wanted the premium version, but this way I can put the extra $50 or so towards another game. Gamestop said if the premium versions were available to pre-order again, they'd call the people who pre-ordered the basic versions first to see if we'd want to change. I think I'll stick with the basic though. I figure I can always get flash cards or usb drives for storage. Nintendo Land didn't really interest me too much and the stands I can do without really.

If I had more money to spend I would get the premium version because I still think it is a good value. In the end I'd rather have ZombiU and a different game besides Nintendo Land, and I have awhile to decide to get Rayman Legends, Assassins Creed 3, CoD BO2, or Batman Arkham City for a second game. I'm not exactly sure if ZombiU has multiplayer for sure, I think it does, or how it works, but I would like to have at least one game to try out Nintendo's online gaming.

I'm pretty excited about this launch. This will be my first pre-order console ever. Even if I wasn't pre-ordering it, I think I'd still be excited. November can't come soon enough.

I hear you. I haven't pre-ordered a console that seems like it'll be this successful since the Wii. The last three (in a way four with the Move) I've pre-ordered kinda bombed at launch (PSP GO, PS Vita, 3DS). And yeah, Nintendo Land doesn't interest me much at all. Especially with how they butchered F-Zero (I just want a full game! lol). But it's free, so I'm happy about that. If it sucks, I'll sell it and get a better game :).

There's a ton of games I'm interested in. Some, I want to wait till I hear more.

Definitely want:

Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed

Aliens

Rayman

Tekken (looks amazing!)

Have to see more:

New Super Mario Bros U

Assassin's Creed (want to see what's changed.. already own this on the 360)

Batman (want to see what's changed.. already own this on the 360)

Mass Effect (want to see what's changed.. already own this on the 360)

Call of Duty (just for the local multi player features that look interesting)

Madden (really want a football game on this thing. We'll see how much worse it is without the Infinity Engine. Maybe get it used..)

I definitely don't want ZombiU. Not to say it's a bad game, I'm sure it'll be great. I just don't like survival horror games. Same reason why I refuse to play Dead Space. I have the same philosophy about horror films. I don't like paying someone to scare me. LOL

I don't like how it's optional for you to be able to play a game exclusively on the gamepad while someone watches TV. I understand why, but I'd still like if this was an option with all games. Most of the time I want to game, my wife is watching TV. That feature is a huge draw for me, and I know certain games like ZombiU and Madden won't support this feature.

I did not preorder the Wii and it took me a few months to find one, so I got the deluxe. Wife does not know yet, but I think she will like it. With my luck it will have integrated QVC with one-click ordering from the tablet...

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I did not preorder the Wii and it took me a few months to find one, so I got the deluxe. Wife does not know yet, but I think she will like it. With my luck it will have integrated QVC with one-click ordering from the tablet...

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

You could buy a Wii U through QVC through your existing Wii U!

you're going to be big time disappointed in the sonic racing game especially if you were a fan of the original version. I played it at E3 and the framerate sucked. It was neat that they aimed for more detailed (higher polys) looking graphics than the more cartoony original, but I couldn't get over the framerate. The spokesperson I talked to said they're still aiming for a solid 30 fps by launch. But at E3 it fluctuated from low 20s to 30 fps.

I liked that they added air and water sequences as well. But that framerate...

you're going to be big time disappointed in the sonic racing game especially if you were a fan of the original version. I played it at E3 and the framerate sucked. It was neat that they aimed for more detailed (higher polys) looking graphics than the more cartoony original, but I couldn't get over the framerate. The spokesperson I talked to said they're still aiming for a solid 30 fps by launch. But at E3 it fluctuated from low 20s to 30 fps.

I liked that they added air and water sequences as well. But that framerate...

You do realize at E3, they had a matter of weeks to port it, right? It'll be fine by release. It's Sumo Digital. They release quality products. It won't go out the door with performance issues, I assure you.

Edited by DaytonaUSA