35 members have voted

1. 1. Pre-Ordered?

• Yes, a Basic White.
    • Yes, a Deluxe Black
    • No, but plan on getting a Basic White
    • No, but plan on getting a Deluxe Black
    • No, the Wii U isn't my cup of tea

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I don't know... every time a game that looked rough at E3 that was due out within 6 months... the representative would say that it would get worked out by the release date and only ended up being marginally better...

And Sumo Digital is not invincible. They did release Virtua Tennis 2009.

look, I'm hoping the sequel is great. I loved the original. still play the original a lot more than most people out there. I was so excited to get to a machine to play it. And then the framerate hit. It's not Jaguar Alien vs. Predator bad (I don't know how I tolerated 10-15 fps back then).

I ended up pre-ordering a basic console. Money's a little tight for the rest of the year, so I hesitated at $350+tax and then deluxe pre-orders were gone. Seeing the pre-orders disappear so quickly, and remembering the years of Wii shortages/scalpers I figured that I should grab the basic, non-bundled console for $311 shipped.

It'll probably stay sealed until Christmas so the kids can unwrap it. With Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 delayed to next year I can be patient. (I think) If I happen to see the deluxe model sitting on a store shelf in December, and have the extra cash, I could always upgrade and return/re-sell the basic console. At least I'm sure the kids will have some version of the WiiU under the tree. :)

Strange.. The system seems to have received a relatively lukewarm response so far, yet there is still a lot of interest in it. I wasn't expecting that.

I suspect that some % of the pre-orders are people who are just looking to scalp consoles for quick holiday cash. If no one's buying, they can return within 30 days.

Edited by boog

I suspect that some % of the pre-orders are people who are just looking to scalp consoles for quick holiday cash. If no one's buying, they can return within 30 days.

They are probably thinking it will be just like the Wii. Long shortages and scalping on ebay. For some reason, I don't think so this time. An expensive console that isn't all that much different from the PS3 and the 360 with a game tablet tossed in. No compelling reason for those people to buy. $60 games on an economy going back into the crapper (not that it fully left). People with a Wii maybe happy enough to sit tight this round.

Don't get me wrong.. if Nintendo does innovative things with that pad and has a strong 1st party line up with some good third party support that has unique games, I will be interested later on down the road. Like many though... this will be a lean x-mas, and it is costing more and more just to eat and get gas in the car to go to work.

"No, but plan on getting a Deluxe Black"

If I can get one for 3, then I'll do it... if not, I'll wait until the bigger Flash drive version comes down to 3 or less. I'm not paying $50 for 8-16mb of Flash, sorry Nintendo... I wasn't born yesterday.

The Zombie and Mario games look awesome.. past that, my wantlist hasn't even made it to #3 yet... sad

Not me.. and that's kind of saying something as I've been a Nintendo buyer since the Game & Watch days. Had a Famicom (albeit, bootleg) before the NES came out. Bought every new system at launch, have every major iteration of the GB,GBA,DS, etc.

This time around though I'm just not feeling it. Like someone said earlier, maybe I'm getting old but I'm not in a hurry. I'd be just as fine getting one at launch or getting one a year later. The price also feels steep for what it offers.. I don't see myself chomping at the bit to play any game on there that's been announced.

I will tell you what would get me excited though.. a new overhead Nintendo-developed Zelda sequel to LTTP or Link's Awakening. The Capcom ones, including Minish Cap just never cut it.

Edited by NE146

• 3 weeks later...

I was at 1st excited about the Wii U but when I started to read the specs and reading that it will be barely more powerful than the PS3, I kinda lost my interest. I like Nintendo, they are my childhood. But releasing a system that is barely better than what came out 6-7 years ago is making me scratch my head... I'll wait and see though, they could change my mind. But for now It's a no. My Xbox 360 is just fine.

• 3 weeks later...